Buying a new laptop vol. Imma MAC like Bernie

I'm in the market for a new laptop, preferably 8GB of RAM and something that will last for a while. I'm still using a Toshiba Satellite with 1.0ghz 1GB of ram and 160gb hard drive. I'm looking in the range of 500-750. I'm not interested in a mac at this time. This laptop will be primarily used for schoolwork but also to record music. What is the difference in a SSD drive and a regular one? Is it the price difference really worth it?

I'm sure someone will recommend a good laptop, but an SSD is much faster than a HDD. It doesn't have any of the moving parts of a HDD, thus making it faster. Its worth the price difference for me, have a 256 GB SSD in my laptop along with 8GB of ram

No macbook pffft. Stay sleep. I'm not an apple guy on phones or watches or tablets but Macbook is the king in its realm.

but for his price range its out of the question.

Honestly though OP... For your price range and you will not have a good experience for recording music.

for school though.. almost anything would suit your needs well.

may I ask why not a MacBook?

you can get an older 2011-2012 MacBook Pro within that price range...

perfect for school, and definitely will be able to record music.

Might as well not buy anything, srsly

get a macbook. it will outlast anything else you cop EASILY

You can buy a Lenovo, Acer, or Asus Ultrabook w/i7 and maybe 1080p for around $700-750. SSD loads memory faster, that's all.

Wait till windows 10...

My mac is FUDGED and I'm gonna wait till January next year to a buy a Windows 10 laptop.

Wait for a laptop that has 16GB of ram with 512gb SSD and USB-C Phew winning. Recording music is going to take up space so unless you have an external HD you're better off with 512GB.

No macbook pffft. Stay sleep. I'm not an apple guy on phones or watches or tablets but Macbook is the king in its realm.

cosign all of this. Apple has long been the best laptop maker imo. They were and still are successful in putting out laptops with longevity. Nobody can say that consistency exists on the PC side.

I went from HP to Apple and haven't looked back. Didn't want to deal with tech support nonsense in india, and the replacement part marketplace for macbooks is huge.

looking to upgrade to 15" macbook pro retina this summer. that joint is dumb fast. amazon sells it cheaper than apple as well as best buy (best buy price matches amazon too).

i like what i see with windows 10 tho, gonna throw that on the macbook when that joint drops.

i know you said not a macbook especially within your price range and i get it... but if you can get 1000 a macbook is worth the investment... it really is worth it

ok ok no macbook :lol:

1. Lenovo is consistently well rated. and from experience their keyboards are comfortable.

2. dell xps 13 2015 is one of the best windows laptops i've seen in a long time. from what i read, it doesn't live up anywhere near the battery life advertised, in fact i hear its kinda bad. i've played around with it and that screen is :wow: :pimp:. trackpad seems ok, but that will have to be for someone who uses it over a long prd of time to determine. performance is fast tho, office programs startup instantaneously. i wouldn't go high end for that 4K screen, its unnecessary. go base model, for the slightly better battery life. (don't expect much, thats y they sell a battery pack for this laptop lol)

laptopmap.com is your friend.

Last edited:
Macbook Pro is GOAT

I had a Dell Inspiron that lasted me not even 2 years... This MBP has been going for 3 years strong, 0 issues.

You get what you pay for I guess 

Back
Top Bottom