Buying a new laptop vol. Imma MAC like Bernie

I would just save up for a macbook pro man. anything else will just crap out in like a year or two. plus you will be having those annoying windows updates and constant crashes and VIRUSES.

Are refurbished macbook's worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Surface Pro 2 but will most likely switch back to MacBook once I graduate as ill have no use for the stylus anymore.

OP i bought a mid 2012 macbook air for 585 on ebay in great condition this past summer

i have parallels installed which lets me run windows flawlessly without any slow down

battery life is great

labtop is light so its easy on ur back

and its real stylish too

plus the biggest advantage the macbook has over windows is the great touchpad can recognize up to five fingers at a time

I got a MacBook and an HP both earlier this year and the MacBook really is worth the additional money.

People seem to think that for some reason PCs can't last long. OP Lenovo does have a good track record but keep an eye out on slickdeals for somethings solid

http://slickdeals.net/f/7731451-low...5-500gb-8gb-sshd-599-free-shipping-lenovo-com

depending needs this is a solid machine but a 14inch screen is tight if you don't want that.

I had a gateway laptop last for 5 years no issues. Got a virus downloanding tons of music. Wiped the computer and used it for another 3 years no issues. I just recently bought an HP laptop with a touch screen and windows 8 a year ago and haven't had a single issue yet. Just be smart with your computers. Everyone says "oh i had a pc and it broke" yeah you dropped it walking to class or you had it pre hub pr0n sites and were typing things into google. You had it when you were trying to download music from random blogs before you found torrents or a reliable site.

Last edited:
Only reason I'm against Macbook at this point is the recording software. I use acoustica mixcraft on PC and I have used Garageband on Mac before, but I prefer mixcraft. Eventually I want to use pro tools. If there is a way to run "parallel" and then run mixcraft I may consider Mac.

Yeah Bootcamp lets you run both on your Mac. And it's time to get on that Ableton life for music OP.

Does boot camp let u run FL studio with no issues too?

Can't say from personal experience because I haven't run Bootcamp on my own machines but yeah I've seen people use FL fine with it and using FL on their Mac was one of the main selling points of Bootcamp to them.

Since dude specifically said " NO MACBOOK " might I recommend the surface pro 3. Much more versatile and portable than a MacBook. Spec wise you cant go wrong either. Plus as a student the stylus will definitely help you out.

Last edited:
You can buy a Lenovo, Acer, or Asus Ultrabook w/i7 and maybe 1080p for around $700-750. SSD loads memory faster, that's all.

Def look into any one of these 3 and you'll find something good. My person preference would be Lenovo, Asus, then Acer

Its more money but its worth it... theres a reason everyone keeps saying cop a macbook... i got mines specifically for pr0n and i never get viruses

Found a used one locally

13" MacBook Pro i7 2.8 GHz in perfect condition with upgraded 8 GB RAM and 750 GB hard drive. Purchased in 2012. Comes with original charger.
Its a late 2011 model, should I bite for 9 hundo

Back
Top Bottom