Call of Duty 7 Black Ops Thread Vol. Cold War

roll.gif
i thought i was the only one who had the "getting killed when you're clearly around the corner" problem... that irks the hell out of me.

Originally Posted by tThe Minister

Originally Posted by sixersdukejordan

Treyarch made World at War.  Infinity made MW2.  So if you consider that, it's been a while since a Teryarch release

yeah and btw waw > mw2. i cant wait for this game.
This.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

^^^ LOL,why all the Treyarch hate, World at War did not suck

aside from tanks, i found nothing wrong with World at War. Enjoyed that game alot. 
Only thing i played there was Capture the flag, was like 5000 in the world on Xbox. 

Treyarch has gone out of their way and kept on making more and more maps during the run of WaW. 

i hope not many people pick up Black Ops, there will eventually be less annoying people exploiting possible glitches 

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Am I the only one that likes the knife commando? I haven't played any of the other COD games before MW2, but I think MW2 is pretty solid.
I like knife commando. I'll get a good killstreak on commando pro alone sometimes.

Wow, you're really good...
eek.gif
Because it sure takes a ton of skill to click down on the right joypad and watch your dude teleport 10 feet through bullets and stab the guy. You don't even have to aim. It's the most noobish thing ever to be in a first person shooter knifer. I thought that the chainsaw in Gears of War 2 was bad, but commando takes the cake. In Gears 2 you can at least down a player during a chainsaw rush or quickly jump back to avoid it. In MW2, you just know you're done when you see a guy rushing at you from 10 feet away and there's nothing you can do about it.
Dude took half a mag from a Tar the other day and just diddy bopped his way through and stabbed me and then one more guy before falling into FINAL STAND.
indifferent.gif

Marathon/Lightweight was stupid enough got people outrunning bullets, hurdling obstacles and *+#$. Then they add Commando pro so you know they escaped when they jumped off the roof after you shot em and in like 2 seconds they're already where you're at.
laugh.gif

the best thing about MW2 is the UMP45.
pimp.gif

commando is ok because it reminds me of the energy sword in Halo....but as you mentioned...FINAL STAND/LAST STAND....straight STUPID.

bear in mind how much worse waw was compared to cod4, treyarch is using the same tactics (no nuke, no commando) to get people to buy a game developed by a poor company.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

roll.gif
i thought i was the only one who had the "getting killed when you're clearly around the corner" problem... that irks the hell out of me.

QFTMFT

I think Final Stand is good. I mean, if you've died four times in a row without getting a kill, it's not unfair to give that person a chance at redeeming themselves with a tricky maneuver that gives them a chance at getting a kill. Just keep your eye out for the score to pop up before you stop shooting as they're on the ground. What I hate the most is the extra energy deathstreak. I'll be shooting dude over and over and he gets away or knifes me.

And you guys are kind of right about commando. I like the idea of it, but sometimes it gets out of hand when people are jumping 10-20 feet and outmaneuvering my bullets on some Neo stuff.

People saying last stand is stupider than commando pro does not know what they are talking about.

If they go back to the simple layout of Call of Duty: 4 then they might have a hit on their hands. The people that play MW2 and have never played COD:4 will get hooked x5 cause they never experienced the GOAT of FPS

COD:4 is a true classic so if Black Ops has the same style then we in business

3 kill streaks, simple perks = GOAT

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

People saying last stand is stupider than commando pro does not know what they are talking about.

it is. Commando isn't that big of a problem....you'll only get killed if you get caught slippin

Last Stand is ******ed.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

it is. Commando isn't that big of a problem....you'll only get killed if you get caught slippin

Last Stand is ******ed.

indifferent.gif

Makes more sense and is more realistic than commando pro. Teleporting 20ft vs. laying on the floor for a couple seconds?

Last stand is more realistic because peeps go into last stand sometimes during gun fights, but people don't teleport 20ft during a gun fight. If you get caught by last stand is cause you were sleeping for real.

commando IS ******ed

noob tubes are the worst thing ever conceived in a FPS. far worse than commando, nukes, last stand, etc.

MW2 could have been great, and i can't like, despite it's flaws it's still very entertainin, i play it all the the time but in a perfect world all these features would be done with:

-no noob tubes
-no akimbo shotties
-no airstrikes/choppers/AC130's from care packages
-no commando

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Last Stand is ******ed.

indifferent.gif

Makes more sense and is more realistic than commando pro. Teleporting 20ft vs. laying on the floor for a couple seconds?

Last stand is more realistic because peeps go into last stand sometimes during gun fights, but people don't teleport 20ft during a gun fight. If you get caught by last stand is cause you were sleeping for real.

commando IS ******ed
Laying on the floor a couple seconds, killing me AFTER i obviously killed the dude....or having to finish him off pause....and then getting killed by another dude in the process vs. Commando, only good in close range combat

I'm not talking about realism...COD is not a simulation shooter we know that...

Last stand is not totally unrealistic. I mean, most kills aren't head shots to begin with. So finding a guy on the ground after a shot to the gut is not unbelievable.

Commando, if it didn't allow people to leap so far, would be fine, too. However, when I see a guy running up on me, start shooting him, and he knifes me without getting hit, I get peeved. I have a strong wireless connection, too. I could understand if I was just lagging like no other, but that's not the case.

Commando isn't that big of a problem....you'll only get killed if you get caught slippin

Spoken like a true commando-uche user.
eyes.gif

Man, shut the hell up. Caught slippin my %+%! There is NOTHING you can do if a guy is rushing at you with commando with 10 feet away or less, unless you have a SPAS or double rangers in your hands and manage to pull off a 1 in a billion shot where you catch him during the commando lunge, which is pure luck. If you have an assault rifle or SMG in your hands, you're dead meat. Explain to me how you can defend yourself from this teleport:

$$#!#$% ridiculous, way to ruin the game. Everything else in this game I can get used to, but ***% commando. It never ceases to amaze me when a guy teleports through my bullets and stabs me. I don't even find myself getting angry anymore when a guy teleport-stabs as much as I find asking myself "WTH were they thinking when they put this perk in the game?".

Originally Posted by Peter Parker

we have to admit that the only thing good about World at War was the zombies
grin.gif
we have to admit there were a lot of broken features in Modern Warfare 2
grin.gif

Treyarch hate comes from weak graphics and simple map layouts. I love the maps in MW2. Which makes me even sadder when you see how the game play was ruined. Treyarch and COD also have the "killed around the corner" problem.

Zombies is uber fun.

Back
Top Bottom