Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

I know Tyreke and Pooh used to work out together with Russy and Mayo but no clue if they still do that... No clue what I want this team to do except let Rose get completely healthy... If the Bulls swing a deal to grab Barnes, he better get conditioned because Thibs is gunna run him into the ground like Deng

We went from #1 seed with promise... To Injured Franchise Star , 1st Round Exit, and potentially dismantling this team for a different type of run in the future.

This *%#! cray.

I had this idea awhile back and posted on twitter, I think Pee Aye Tee had a little thought on it but what would yall think of something like this

ship Deng and a piece to Toronto for that pick and Calderon
draft either Beal, Barnes, MKG, or Rivers
hopefully that pick turns into a true #2 option, be it Barnes, Beal, Rivers, or MKG. something Deng will most likely never be
Calderon can hold the fort down untill Rose is healthy enough to return plus has a expiring contract
Then in the summer Calderon exp contract plus amnesty Boozer = cap room to sign an elite 2/3 like Gordon, Harden, Iggy, or J.Smooth
plan goes through it be something like a Noah - Gibson - Barnes - Harden/Gordon - Rose starting 5

Defensively the interior will be just fine, out on the perimeter Barnes has length to be come a decent defender tho he wont be as good as Deng is, or we could sign Iggy and draft a 2 like Beal who is tenacious on D.
as for a #2 scoring option i see anyone of the 4 mention becoming a solid 2 that could create their own shot and really take the load off of Rose
even then there could be enough cap room to go ahead and get a second elite scoring option through FA

We could rebuild and try to build a young powerhouse team that could become a dynasty BIG IF.
or stick with what we got keep adding pieces and maybe 1 year everything just comes together and another banner gets raised ala Dallas
Im torn on both on one hand Exciting promise, future young stars, on another adding pieces to a team that had the BEST record in the East
what do yall think?

Beal or MGK wont make it to us if we get say even the 6th pick..
frown.gif
frown.gif

Barnes is not the answer. I've seen enough of him to know he has a game that doesn't translate into "Good-Great NBA player"

Limited Ball Handling & Passing Ability
Can't Create His Own Shot
Struggles Playing & Scoring Over Size
Little to No Post Game
Average Defender At Best

He's a spot up shooter who isn't really a great shooter. He's A Character Guy.

I'll Pass.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Barnes is not the answer. I've seen enough of him to know he has a game that doesn't translate into "Good-Great NBA player"

Limited Ball Handling & Passing Ability
Can't Create His Own Shot
Struggles Playing & Scoring Over Size
Little to No Post Game
Average Defender At Best

He's a spot up shooter who isn't really a great shooter. He's A Character Guy.

I'll Pass.

Even as a UNC fan I have to agree but if we got him I'd hope for the best obviously.

Here are a few guys I would like for us to take a look at.  If we make a trade with Toronto or GS. 

Jeremey Lamb  6-5 SG Connecticut / Sophomore 

Terrence Ross  6-6 SG Washington / Sophomore

Austin Rivers  6-4 SG Duke/ Freshman

Harrison Barnes  6-8 SF UNC/Sophomore

I thought this current group had a 2-3 year window to try and win a title. With Rose's injury may effectively speaking for one of those years, I am ok with a facelift short of blowing it all up.
Edit:

Yes, a facelift is more appropriate here.

I think facelift is better than full-on rebuild. This was going to be the last year of this current construct, so why not get started early and clear room for next summer.

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo

Here are a few guys I would like for us to take a look at.  If we make a trade with Toronto or GS. 

Out of that group, I'd seriously take a look at Lamb. He'd be the best fit as he's like a younger/longer/more athletic version of Rip. He'd definitely blend right in. 

IDK why but im hesitant on Austin Rivers to a degree he reminds me too much of OJ Mayo 
i love Terrence Ross tho

Originally Posted by donmega

Out of that group, I'd seriously take a look at Lamb. He'd be the best fit as he's like a younger/longer/more athletic version of Rip. He'd definitely blend right in. 
Can't go wrong with a UConn wing, no?

Bulls are in a very precarious situation. Rose could miss all of next year. Even if he does come back in January-February, it remains to be seen how fast and explosive he will be.

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

IDK why but im hesitant on Austin Rivers to a degree he reminds me too much of OJ Mayo 
i love Terrence Ross tho

As a Duke fan I don't think Austin is a good fit for us... I wish him the best but I just don't see it. But like Pete if we picked him I'd hope for the best.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i think im open to a total rebuild while rose is out
I'm stunned that I hear a lot of Bulls fans saying this.

You were a few bounces away from beating MIA, extremely confident that you can beat MIA this year, & then Rose has an injury that people come back from all the time and now you're ready to blow it up.

Nah. This is a 60 win core when healthy. You keep that together unless Rose actually shows you that he isn't the same dude. They deserve more than 1 shot at MIA.

Originally Posted by 85wasagreatyear

Terrence Ross could even be available. But I think they're stuck on Barnes or Barton

Just stick the knife in AND Twist it while you're at it.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Starting to think Derrick's injury is worse than originally reported. He went to see Dr. Andrews yesterday and Wilbon said people close to him are concerned with the rehab is going. If he's going to see Andrews 5 weeks after the originally i may be getting worried myself
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jmause3

Starting to think Derrick's injury is worse than originally reported. He went to see Dr. Andrews yesterday and Wilbon said people close to him are concerned with the rehab is going. If he's going to see Andrews 5 weeks after the originally i may be getting worried myself
30t6p3b.gif

I've considered him inactive for the entire 12/13 season. So him making sure everything is right doesn't worry/bother me.

I just wish he would've done his due dilligence before they rushed him onto the operating table.

30t6p3b.gif

I've considered him inactive for the entire 12/13 season. So him making sure everything is right doesn't worry/bother me.

I just wish he would've done his due dilligence before they rushed him onto the operating table.
I thought he would've had Dr. Andrews perform the surgery, rather than the team doc.  Like you said, Cake, they have to be patient and diligent with his rehab.

Ever since the org tried to lowball MJ, Pip, and tried to run PJ out of town before the '98 season I'm somewhat wary of their moves including anything medical. 

Originally Posted by 85wasagreatyear

Terrence Ross could even be available. But I think they're stuck on Barnes or Barton

Just stick the knife in AND Twist it while you're at it.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

he's SO cocksure of himself right? i kinda like the kid tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CAto312

30t6p3b.gif

I thought he would've had Dr. Andrews perform the surgery, rather than the team doc.  Like you said, Cake, they have to be patient and diligent with his rehab.

Ever since the org tried to lowball MJ, Pip, and tried to run PJ out of town before the '98 season I'm somewhat wary of their moves including anything medical. 

http://dimemag.com/2012/06/report-derrick-rose-is-ahead-of-schedule-in-his-rehab/

Back
Top Bottom