City of God -- 10 Years Later

ITS BEEN 10 YEARS?!

Seu Jorge is that dude though. The Life Aquatic is one of the best soundtracks ever. 

Also, that "wife" in Homeland is Brazilian too. Didn't know that. 

Last edited:
i LOVE this movie as well as the City of Men series/Movie.

i feel sorry for those that skipped past the City of Men series and jumped straight to the movie. you really did have to let the series get you attached to the characters to be able to appreciate the movie.

i cant wait to see this.

Love City of God, maybe my favorite movie. I've been meaning to watch City of Men for the longest time. Is it a TV series or a movie?

Love City of God, maybe my favorite movie. I've been meaning to watch City of Men for the longest time. Is it a TV series or a movie?
BOTH. watch the series first, trust me. it helps you get attached to the characters and their bonds/history with each other.

What is city of men?

I didn't even know that there was a tv series.

saw it before english subs were available.
got yambs to this movie from a Portuguese chick

even watched the 'city of men' series

how cool do I think I am right now? :smokin

edit:
they said Brazil is racist towards black actors,
I thought that was just Dominicans, RIGHT NT?
RIGHT?

:rolleyes

Last edited:
first time I ever wanted to watch a movie with subtitles. glad I did. I made so many close minded people watch the movie and they all loved it. I heard about it on NT.

What is city of men?

the actors in the movie were real life occupants of the Brazil favela's. they put them in a acting workshop for...i think a year? and then they made City of God.

after the movie they made another semi-spinoff tv series called City of Men. it went on for i think 3 seasons, i dont know how many years it spanned but you got to see the actors who played (young) lil Dice and 'steak and fries' grow up from maybe 10 years old or so to their late teens.

in the City of Men series they even do flashbacks of those two actors from when it looks like they had to be like 6-8 years old. just goes to show you just how long they were working with these kids.

i damn near got choked up myself seeing Darlan Cunha cry like that. you really do get attached to his character in City of Men when you start with the series first. that and the fact that you get a more detailed understand of just how ****** up it is where they live. they may be actors but they've been through some of the same things potrayed in all three stories....sometimes worse.

yeah, this will be COPPED. soon as it hits the shelves.

Repped! Will be looking for a copy of this. Only movie with sub-titles, besides kung fu and anime, that I watched more than once.

What is city of men?

the actors in the movie were real life occupants of the Brazil favela's. they put them in a acting workshop for...i think a year? and then they made City of God.

after the movie they made another semi-spinoff tv series called City of Men. it went on for i think 3 seasons, i dont know how many years it spanned but you got to see the actors who played (young) lil Dice and 'steak and fries' grow up from maybe 10 years old or so to their late teens.

in the City of Men series they even do flashbacks of those two actors from when it looks like they had to be like 6-8 years old. just goes to show you just how long they were working with these kids.

i damn near got choked up myself seeing Darlan Cunha cry like that. you really do get attached to his character in City of Men when you start with the series first. that and the fact that you get a more detailed understand of just how ****** up it is where they live. they may be actors but they've been through some of the same things potrayed in all three stories....sometimes worse.

yeah, this will be COPPED. soon as it hits the shelves.

I use to watch city of men all the time when it aired on the sundance channel. I don't know why they took it off. it was such a good series. and the city of men movie was dope too.

Great movie. My best friend married a Brazilian girl. We watched this all together. Such a great movie.

I use to watch city of men all the time when it aired on the sundance channel. I don't know why they took it off. it was such a good series. and the city of men movie was dope too.

i need to get the DVD's. i try to watch it on youtube but the episode titles arent clear and i get frustrated after a while trying to get the order right.

Will watch later

but Benny >>>> The coolest hood
nthat.gif
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom