CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 2016 NBA CHAMPIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought Kyrie would be the perfect 6th man and his skillset was better served off the bench, but here's to hoping Kevin Love plays well in a reserve role.

I'm worried about how he's going to get the ball in his spots (this may show how great of an offensive player he truly is). This could be the very punch the Cavs need off the bench. Bron starting at the 4 has been a no-brainer for a while now. This may be the natural solution even if it is temporary.

Love off the bench could be the right mix for the cavs. especially if he can be the go to guy in the post vs. the gsw second unit.

slow things down, hit open men etc.

A little hometown inspiration as we watch game fo'

Cleveland Cavs fans: Ya'll bump MGK? Dude's music is vicious. 

I agree. I think Tristan brings some solid effort on the boards, but I would love to see Mozgov get more tick.

Offensively Love and Tristan are bringing the same thing to the table so playing them together is just like... idk man.

The real problem last night, obviously, was our defense. they hit 17 3-pointers in a finals game. It's historic.

You can't win when you allow that.

I agree. I think Tristan brings some solid effort on the boards, but I would love to see Mozgov get more tick.

Offensively Love and Tristan are bringing the same thing to the table so playing them together is just like... idk man.

The real problem last night, obviously, was our defense. they hit 17 3-pointers in a finals game. It's historic.

You can't win when you allow that.

agreed, cant allow that many 3s

however, the offense for the cavs in the 4th was non existent. it was literally no passes, lets play one on one...mostly with kyrie. i cant understand why common folk like us can watch a game and see whats going wrong, but coaches cant call a timeout and get the team back to playing team ball?

even w/ gsw hitting 17 3s, the cavs still had a chance to win the game and blew it themselves.

not happy w/ lbjs performance or lack thereof either.

OAN,

imo green should be suspended...if so, i could see the cavs winning in oakland and coming back to cleveland and winning again...if that happens, game 7...we'll see.

Last edited:
Kyrie da futche 
pimp.gif

Man what a game.

Kyrie in the 4th was all time performance.

Bron had 16 boards too.

Take care of home court then it's ours to take.

My only thought at the moment is that I wish we could have won at home - then we'd be in a great spot.

As it is though, 1 win at home then it's all to play for. That win didn't appear to have anything with Green being suspended and we can do it again.

I feel good about us going back home. I really wish we took the last home game. Just have to play just as hard as a team in Cleveland and force a game 7.

Yesterday from J Rome......

http://jimrome.com/2016/06/15/strive-for-greatness-cleveland/
How’s your hump day, C-Town? Are you lined up outside the Q yet? Considering most of you weren’t alive the last time Cleveland was a champion, tomorrow night is the biggest sports night of your lives.

Game 6, you’re at home, you’re healthy, you’re coming off the biggest win in franchise history, and you’ve got a chance to get a Game 7 in Oakland- where you just rolled the Warriors.

There’s so much on the line tomorrow, so much pressure, and so much to prove for Cleveland.
If the Cavs roll out in Game 6 and get their head kicked in… The emails just write themselves. It’s the entire country having a cheap laugh at the lowest-hanging fruit in the world: Cleveland falling on their faces again.
Get blown out in that game, and I get flooded with potshotters referencing The Drive, The Fumble, The Decision, and cracking horrible jokes about the flaming river and B.O… Same stuff I’ve gotten since I started in radio. Same darts that have been thrown at Cleveland since the 1960s.

But if the Cavs ball up tomorrow, if they get that game, if they get back on the team plane – Cleveland actually has a shot at shutting some mouths for the first time ever.
That’s why there’s so much pressure. And in a town that doesn’t exactly have a reputation of dealing with it well – they’ve never felt more.
Legacies are going to be sealed tomorrow night. Whatever happens in Game 6, we’re all going to remember it.

Kevin Love. Another aimless no-show in a loss tomorrow, and that’s how he’ll be remembered. Right or wrong. He’ll be the guy who never truly fit in, who was the max player who evaporated in the Finals. He may stay in Cleveland, he may leave Cleveland, but disappear again tomorrow and that’s how he’ll be remembered in Cleveland.
Same deal for J.R. Smith. For real- did you even remember that J.R. Smith was on this team and playing in this series? He doesn’t. He’s using this series to change his legacy from a guy who shot too much to a guy who didn’t even show up. He needs a big game.

And nobody needs one more than LeBron. I don’t care if he had 41 points last game or 81 points. Game 6 is the reason he came back to Cleveland. This is the night he left Miami for. He put the team together. He’s the best player. He’s the guy who left the Heat and told Lee Jenkins “What’s most important to me is bringing a trophy back to Northeast Ohio.”
If he is “the Chosen One” like he claims, then he can’t roll out in a Game 6 and get stomped in front of his own fans. The Cavs drafted him 13 years ago for moments like tomorrow night. A city’s savior doesn’t lose this game. The Chosen one takes over this game. He says in northeast Ohio, nothing is given, everything is earned. It’s time to earn a Game 7 and “take his talents” back to Oakland.

Biggest game in Cleveland history tomorrow night, and he’s never needed to strive for greatness more in his life.

Biggest game in Cleveland history tomorrow night, and he’s never needed to strive for greatness more in his life.
No sweat bro. God in the building. 
They musta forgot. The land's in good hands. 
pimp.gif

Seriously though. The King hate is completely irrelevant now. All that talk about a sweep and GS blew a 3-1 lead. 2 40+ games. Till Sunday ya'll. 

Last edited:
Yes yes yes. All the momentum now. It'll be tough but they've shown they can win in Oakland.

to think, the cavs literally pissed away 2 games just by not having their defensive scheme down

no predictions for game 7...however,

lebron and kyrie will be ultra aggressive.
there is literally nobody that can rim protect for gsw and the cavs know it

props to the cavs for making curry play every single possesion on offense and D

good luck to the cavs in game 7

i'm def pulling for ya!

The way we came out in the first quarter offensively and defensively...

giphy.gif

Game 7 will be a true test. It'll really be one for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom