Cold Showers thread? vol. Hydrotherapy

Been on that cold shower movement for a few years, but last night, I tried that no pillow thing that was mentioned here...that s_ was barbaric. My neck & shoulders felt worse.

Got you, fam. Give me a minute

Edit: I wash my hair twice a week. I'm black of that matters. I keep it cold because hot water will ruin your hair. First I throw in some Pantene shampoo, use my brush to brush with the grain, then rinse with cold water. Conditioning time. Sometimes I use Pantene conditioner and other times I use raw coconut milk. I throw the conditioner in and throw on a shower cap and lounge for about 30 minutes. Perfect chill bath tub time. After that, I rinse it off with cold water, pat towel dry my hair, and moisturize with cold pressed coconut oil

Repped

i do the scottish shower method while listening to jazz, no light or by tea candle lights...i love during the summer when i can open the window while showering & let the cool breeze enter the room.

Last edited:
do you guys take cold showers at night?

i usually shower at night. don't wanna be up all night due to a cold shower.

:nerd:

Didnt know no pillow was a thing

Ive been sleeping with out one for a while my bed already feela good enough ofc ill use a pillow every now and then tho

#TeamWipeDaMirrorWenimdone

Yall sum damb unevolved savages

Cold showers no shampoo no pillows yall already 30% locked up
I'm sayin 
laugh.gif

That's the wave now?

Guy at work spoke of this today religiously. I just watched that Ted Talk that was posted earlier. I'm about to try it now.

I forgot all about doing this. Used to do it religiously but stopped fro some reason, we lit again.

Just tried it, wasn't that bad but it felt like the water didn't even get that cold. My shower faucet is kind of tricky though.

My legs get sore after every single leg session. The only thing that makes them not sore at all is post cardio and running cold water over them

I still take lukewarm water showers but finish off with 20-30 seconds on the coldest setting and I haven't gotten sick since I started doing it last year.

Cold showers help when I'm sore or have joint pain.

Used to sit in an ice bath after football practice. Definitely helped when there were afternoon practices.

Tried out a cold shower before bed. Too bad I'm in FL so it's really not that cold but man... I put my phone down and next thing I know is I'm up like wtf happen. Knocked out so quick.

Tried again tonight and it was colder. I'm in Texas so I'm thinking the water won't get too cold. Still was a bit challenging.

I'll give it a try tonight. It's pretty hot and humid out here in NoVA.

Back
Top Bottom