Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Publicity ploy.

If you don't have what it takes to be the next Russell Wilson... Be the next Michael Sam.

It's creating more dialogue. Perhaps he doesn't expect to make direct change, but to express himself the best way he can.

And the fact that he's risking so much makes me respect him that much more. He's willing to risk his livelihood for what is right. He's putting himself out there for all the millions of people who can't say what he said on a national stage. He's done enough for me. He doesn't have to explain or justify any of it. I have all the respect in the world for someone who is willing to risk his NFL career to make a statement.

I really think you're missing the point here. The fact that he's in a position that he doesn't necessarily have to do this makes it that much more poignant to me.
Nah bro, I get it...I respect his courage, I don't think is smart and he could have gone about it differently...but it does take balls to do what he's doing.

Got my answer, looks like he will continue his protest....interesting to see how this pans out and what the repercussions of his actions will be, not just the league but with the fans.
Sometimes being brash in how you get your message across is just as important. You think there's this much dialogue about it if he just says a couple things about inequality? People don't listen until you get their attention, especially when those same people are covering their ears and humming to avoid hearing about the obvious state of this country.

You've gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette. Think back on the history of this country, and tell me how many demonstrations and boycotts that were gentle with their message were a success.

Last edited:
Publicity ploy.

If you don't have what it takes to be the next Russell Wilson... Be the next Michael Sam.

I think Michael Jordan writing that letter and donating money was more for his publicity than kaep.

Jordan only did it because lebron was out there.

Dude is on his way our the league either way.. He lost his job to Blaine gabert last year
. This just probably means no back up qb jobs in the future.. I'm sure he set for life already though either way..

Last edited:
What exactly is Kaep doing this going to do?...who is he helping? What awareness is he bringing? I think dude could have done much more if he wanted to before this stunt....unless other players rally behind him, which I don't see it happening, the entire Giants organization practically made it clear they didn't agree with it this weekend....all this will do is blackball him....these guys earn a once in a lifetime opportunity, you gotta be able to use it wisely....being courageous isn't always being smart, he just YOLOd it with zero thought process behind it.

How many of you think he'll issue an apology? Or ride it out....will he stand up for the anthem next game? :nerd:

Did you listen to what he said about this whole thing in the press conference? It will answer alot of questions you have.

He is not doing this for himself. He is already set for life if he is smart with his money. He is also not asking for approval and he clearly said he has been thinking about this for a while. He was very articulate explaining his reasoning.

In a way he has already made an impact because we are talking about it. There is a discussion. I didn't even know about the 3rd verse in anthem before this. Best believe I will never stand again either (not that I ever did before) Also, he exposed a lot of idiots who can't comprehend his motive.

The man has courage and I respect that. He knew it would piss people off but he is ready for it and standing tall.

He articulated it very well. I think that's why a lot of dudes shy away but mean good because they can't even speak during a post game interview.

Dude is on his way our the league either way.. He lost his job to Blaine gabert last year
. This just probably means no back up qb jobs in the future.. I'm sure he set for life already though either way..
Maybe. But IMO it doesn't matter. The fact that he put his career on the line to protest what he sees as unjust treatment of minorities in the country is courageous in my eyes. Even if he never plays another down for the rest of his career, his legacy is cemented. He has joined the pantheon of athletes like Muhammed Ali, Tommie John, John Carlos, Jim Brown, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar. People to put their careers on the line to take a stance. He has my respect for that. 

Publicity ploy.

I'm saying i read that like what the **** even 
roll.gif

It's crazy that it took a biracial professional athlete who grew up in a white world to challenge white supremacy on the national stage in the NFL. Kaep has l lighter skin and he has more European phenotypical facial features than Ninja but he identifies as black and others consider him to be black. If Kaep is black how come ninja isn't?
Not here.

Please

Kaep bout to be blacklisted, his own peers are leavin him out to dry, hope all you guys riding with his decision are ready to drop change in his gofundme me and stand by your man....I get the whole standing up for what you believe in, but do it in a smart way, disrespecting the national anthem on national television, while you play AMERICA's favorite sport, you are bound to piss off allllllot of people and put your own well being on the line, he had influence, power and money to stand by the cause in a smarter way, maybe set up a non-profit organization to help police brutality victims, reach out to law enforcement officials, etc.
They might just make a really good example of your boy now...**** is ugly, a lot of racist, patriotic lunatics love football.

But the people who have actually brought change and awareness to this country carried this burden though. This is how you do it.

What exactly is Kaep doing this going to do?...who is he helping? What awareness is he bringing? I think dude could have done much more if he wanted to before this stunt....unless other players rally behind him, which I don't see it happening, the entire Giants organization practically made it clear they didn't agree with it this weekend....all this will do is blackball him....these guys earn a once in a lifetime opportunity, you gotta be able to use it wisely....being courageous isn't always being smart, he just YOLOd it with zero thought process behind it.

How many of you think he'll issue an apology? Or ride it out....will he stand up for the anthem next game?
nerd.gif
Did you listen to what he said about this whole thing in the press conference? It will answer alot of questions you have.

He is not doing this for himself. He is already set for life if he is smart with his money. He is also not asking for approval and he clearly said he has been thinking about this for a while. He was very articulate explaining his reasoning.

In a way he has already made an impact because we are talking about it. There is a discussion. I didn't even know about the 3rd verse in anthem before this. Best believe I will never stand again either (not that I ever did before) Also, he exposed a lot of idiots who can't comprehend his motive.

The man has courage and I respect that. He knew it would piss people off but he is ready for it and standing tall.
I didn't either and i'm in same as you never really sang it but now I will never sing it or stand for it again for it either. Hell when I have kids I wont even want them saying the pledge in school
laugh.gif
 unless the climate of this country changes drastically by then which I doubt it will.

Last edited:
One good question I noticed on a facebook comment is "What % of people stand up for the national anthem while sitting and watching from home?" I've never seen ANYONE stand up for the anthem outside of a baseball stadium, where most people do it just when the announcer says "please rise". Are all these people disrespecting America and the military by doing this?

Last edited:
Facebook is a cesspool.
sick.gif

Any time I've heard someone speak about Facebook, it's about an argument they had with someone ignorant.

One good question I noticed on a facebook comment is "What % of people stand up for the national anthem while sitting and watching from home?" I've never seen ANYONE stand up for the anthem outside of a baseball stadium, where most people do it just when the announcer says "please rise". Are all these people disrespecting America and the military by doing this?

Is complete BS when you really think about it :rofl: bunch of fake outrage, I'm willing to bet all the white peeps who's jimmies he rustled don't even tune in for the anthem before the game....I also find it hilarious when you have to stand up as a judge enters a courtroom?...like why SWAY?

salute to the man for putting himself on the line like this (knowing damn well how many coward racists would come out their holes to call him this, that and the other) - putting himself on the line when very few other people of color who find themselves in similar positions like kaep cower and keep quiet when asked to give an opinion about real life stuff. 

the man is vilified by the white press, white talking heads of sports radio and bald overweight white sports fans who demand someone like kaep play the ok massa role. nah. glad the kid is standing up for his beliefs. support this dude 100% and reject anyone who believes he's doing anything wrong at all.

because they're athletes they have no right to stand up for themselves and call out injustices and social ills affecting everyone? yep, cops' out of control behavior affects everyone including the most sheltered, indifferent detached person who doesn't believe it's his fight

Is complete BS when you really think about it
roll.gif
bunch of fake outrage, I'm willing to bet all the white peeps who's jimmies he rustled don't even tune in for the anthem before the game....I also find it hilarious when you have to stand up as a judge enters a courtroom?...like why SWAY?
THIS THIS THIS.

There's some very problematic hierarchy problems in this country. I'd like to know what would happen if I didn't stand for the judge.

Very surprised by Stephen A.

I've always seen it as a peer pressure thing. If I go to a basketball game and am chilling, why would I stand for the anthem when I don't do it at home. I'm pressured to take my hat off and stand when I'm really just trying to eat my nachos

Their BS is so easy to see through. Like I said I think a couple pages ago these people aren't really mad because they believe he is disrespecting the military they are mad cause of his reasons as to why he will not stand. If Kaep gave some BS libertarian reasoning for example for not standing the outrage would not be anywhere near as much as this.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom