Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

kinda surprised at how many of yall dont like white kicks...granted they do get dirtier faster, but nothing compares to that first wear! **** be so bright and neck-breaking 
nthat.gif
when the sun hit them thangs ****** be like

^ Looking forward to it man. 

Btw, if anyone doesn't mind educating me, these will be my first pair of IVs. Does anyone know about cracking? Is that a problem of the more recent retros or even the past retros with good quality such as 1999? Was also thinking about going TTS but if I were to replace the insole to relieve the pressure on the midsole and prevent cracking, go up half a size? Thanks and reps to anyone who responds. 

I noticed that IVs do get bad paint chipping nowadays. It happens to all of them eventually but it shouldn't be as quick as within a few months past release. An example of this is with some of the IVs from 2012 like the fire red and and BC IVs. Those get bad chipping but some people experience chipping and cracking at different times. A more shock absorbing insole would help relieve stress on the midsole so it will help however I have noticed that JB is inconsistent with how they make IVs because the toro IVs and the green glows do not at least in my experience chip as fast as the 2012 IVs

Last edited:

Btw, if anyone doesn't mind educating me, these will be my first pair of IVs. Does anyone know about cracking? Is that a problem of the more recent retros or even the past retros with good quality such as 1999? Was also thinking about going TTS but if I were to replace the insole to relieve the pressure on the midsole and prevent cracking, go up half a size? Thanks and reps to anyone who responds. 
I thought 3s cracking is way worse. I only have Toros and wc 4s. Both are fine no cracking really. Maybe Its because I don't wear them heavily.

As far cracking, everything after the 1999s crack. This is especially true with the 2003-2010 pairs. The more recent pairs still crack, but it takes a lot and isn't as pronounced. My Mars Blackman 4s and my fire red 3s from 2006 cracked under 4 wears.

From the looks of these, cracking should not be an issue for a while. All of the post 1999 3s and 4s are painted, while everything pre-2000 looked like they were sprayed on.

With the fit, these are tts. They are leather, so they will eventually loosen up. Don't go up a size if you don't want to eventual boat shoe feel..

The paint chipping all depends on bow JB decides to do it.

Like stated above.. My 2012 fire reds have chipped easily. Black/reds have a little chipping. White cements have none whatsoever.

It goes across the board. I'm not sure what JB does that makes the difference but my BC3 have a good amount of chipping but my revolutions (which have the same midsole) have nothing and I've worn them +30 times

The paint chipping all depends on bow JB decides to do it.

Like stated above.. My 2012 fire reds have chipped easily. Black/reds have a little chipping. White cements have none whatsoever.

It goes across the board. I'm not sure what JB does that makes the difference but my BC3 have a good amount of chipping but my revolutions (which have the same midsole) have nothing and I've worn them +30 times
my bc3 chipping is crazy after 5 wears. Smh. I hate it.

Welp only one pair of Frags today, NDC 20% code may be calling me to get these, told myself I'll limit me to copping only a few pairs in 2015, not a good start 
laugh.gif

Thanks NT. Truly appreciate it. Repped all. I plan on wearing these as a campus shoe and I'm walking a lot (good 5-7 miles a day) with no car and some few hills and stairs so thats why i'm concerned about the cracking. 
As far cracking, everything after the 1999s crack. This is especially true with the 2003-2010 pairs. The more recent pairs still crack, but it takes a lot and isn't as pronounced. My Mars Blackman 4s and my fire red 3s from 2006 cracked under 4 wears.

From the looks of these, cracking should not be an issue for a while. All of the post 1999 3s and 4s are painted, while everything pre-2000 looked like they were sprayed on.

With the fit, these are tts. They are leather, so they will eventually loosen up. Don't go up a size if you don't want to eventual boat shoe feel..
This. I noticed that actually. 

That paint looks like a huge difference IMO. But that's just comparing pictures

Last edited:
Can't really complain, well them wings though. I have been looking forward to these.

The moment of truth, an on hand released pair. If this is a preview of what is on the way, sign me up. The quality on these have definitely been upgraded. The split grain on the leather is a lot thicker than any releases that we have gotten in recent years. I think the people who have been saying that JB quality control has gone down are going to be extremely happy with the leather on these. On the other side of the coins, this segment of new age "I wear force fields with my shoes so they won't crease" will not be happy with these. Since they are actually using something that resembles actually leather, these will crease (show character) quickly. I personally have no issues with that, but stand by for the teeny boppers to get all worked over these after a couple of wears.

For those who asked about the cracking, from what I saw, that shouldn't be an issue. But only time will tell. Also, these are TTS.

Also, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT let these resellers/creeps hit you across the head for these. Per the shop I got these from, these will be all over the place. Not Legend 11s numbers, but these should not be impossible to get. Enjoy the pics.

View media item 1324771View media item 1324772View media item 1324773View media item 1324774View media item 1324775View media item 1324776View media item 1324777View media item 1324778View media item 1324779View media item 1324780

LOL, it's 2015, and people still associate creasing to quality? LOLZ.. yes shoes do crease, and yes, midsoles cracking is mostly due to the paint, not the midsole itself.

People don't really understand the correlation between quality and material, but that's the truth. The 'blue/ navy/ black' doesn't seem to show the 'blue' or 'columbia' hue as we expect.  The same people that associate the LEGEND BLUES to the 'TRUE COLUMBIAs'.  But we gotta take it for what it's worth.

LOL, it's 2015, and people still associate creasing to quality? LOLZ

This does correlate. Shoes/goods made of real leather do tend to crease a lot easier and by more pliable than those made of synthetic materials. I personally like a nice broken pair of leather shoes. Nothing more comfortable in my opinion.

Some leather sneakers Ali's crease easily if its cheap and thin strips of leather being used as well but the creasing is bad on that because how it comes on the shoe. Imo when its a nice leather shoe it's gonna look fine with creases because of the leather compared to the cheaper stuff

My WC IV's and red IV's don't crease, but the midsole paint does chip, but that's expected.  My only main question is whether these will be $185 or $190.  I've heard different price tags for these, so I just wanted to make sure I know before hand.

Man, I remember copping these below retail when they first dropped because they sat on shelves. The good old days, gotta get a fresh pair.

Back
Top Bottom