Confessions

You broke it off with her though, lol. And were you antagonizing her about the school thing? She was a senior and had a year left, why did you break it off? People sometimes get derailed on the education track, there are people alot older than her in school trying to finish up. 

Seems like there is something more to the story. 

Ok so I am older than her (I am 29 years old) , I have a masters and I am going to law school in the fall. I pretty much imposed my will on her in regards to school which I should not have. (Think Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard saga)
The reason why I was tripping because she has a 2.4 GPA which to me is unacceptable. Now looking back at it I should not have said nothing but then again I don't want a trophy wife. I blame her motivational problems on her mediocre friends who have nothing going for themselves. But hey who am I to judge....

Ok so I am older than her (I am 29 years old) , I have a masters and I am going to law school in the fall. I pretty much imposed my will on her in regards to school which I should not have. (Think Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard saga)
The reason why I was tripping because she has a 2.4 GPA which to me is unacceptable. Now looking back at it I should not have said nothing but then again I don't want a trophy wife. I blame her motivational problems on her mediocre friends who have nothing going for themselves. But hey who am I to judge....

Sounds like you dont really respect her. Are you getting back together with her because you actually like her or because you realized you were lonely after you broke it off with her? There's a difference between love and just being comfortable with having someone around.

You should probably fall back FOR GOOD and re-evaluate how you think of her. Clingyness wont get her back nor will blowing up at her for no reason (it doesn't sound like she's done you wrong at all). Maybe you'll naturally get back together but it sounds like this is going the Kobe-Dwight route.

kaygee6 kaygee6 you selfish bruh, everything is about you and you're too old to be acting like that. She's playing games because she liked your pics and picked you up from the airport? That's not games that sounds like something a friend does which is what she is trying to be, a friend. You're lucky she even wants you in her life as that.

Sounds like you dont really respect her. Are you getting back together with her because you actually like her or because you realized you were lonely after you broke it off with her? There's a difference between love and just being comfortable with having someone around.

You should probably fall back FOR GOOD and re-evaluate how you think of her. Clingyness wont get her back nor will blowing up at her for no reason (it doesn't sound like she's done you wrong at all). Maybe you'll naturally get back together but it sounds like this is going the Kobe-Dwight route.

No lie I actually do love this girl and see myself with her.. I actually have evaluated if it is love or loneliness and I honestly love her.... I know she loves me because you don't forget 3 years and I treated her MADD good... So I guess I will take the wait and see approach

kaygee6 kaygee6 you selfish bruh, everything is about you and you're too old to be acting like that. She's playing games because she liked your pics and picked you up from the airport? That's not games that sounds like something a friend does which is what she is trying to be, a friend. You're lucky she even wants you in her life as that.

Selfish because I want someone to maximize their full potential? C'mon now if I were so selfish I wouldn't go out of my way to help her get a paid internship with the state department and offer to pay for her US citizenship... I'm real selfish though

Selfish because I want someone to maximize their full potential? C'mon now if I were so selfish I wouldn't go out of my way to help her get a paid internship with the state department and offer to pay for her US citizenship... I'm real selfish though

Naw you're selfish because again, that's what YOU want her to do in a way that YOU want her to do it and when she wasn't you dropped her.

Naw you're selfish because again, that's what YOU want her to do in a way that YOU want her to do it and when she wasn't you dropped her.

Hmmm interesting take I guess...... But I'm definitely going to take the silent route because ultimately I feel that we will be back again... Thanks guys for all the advice

Maybe selfish isn't the right word but you seem to like having power/control over her. Almost like a parent with a child. Have you considered dating someone that you don't have to force to go to school, pay for their stuff, get them jobs, etc.?

Give it some more time, doesn't look like you've given it enough to actually learn from your mistakes, i.e. she's your partner, not your child ("impose your will" c'mon bruh).

Maybe selfish isn't the right word but you seem to like having power/control over her. Almost like a parent with a child. Have you considered dating someone that you don't have to force to go to school, pay for their stuff, get them jobs, etc.?

Yea that's exactly what it is the father/daughter issue.... When we had a heart to heart I told her that I needed to stop that and I will . It's funny because I have never done that before. I mean she started to take school seriously because of me. I never paid for her unless we went to dinner where she would do the same. I just have to play this smart and things will fall into place...

Give it some more time, doesn't look like you've given it enough to actually learn from your mistakes, i.e. she's your partner, not your child ("impose your will" c'mon bruh).

That's exactly what I'm going to do... I honestly want to marry her for reals... Yea I could get any other girl but she is special to me (sorry for sharing my feelings)

kaygee interesting situation.
my take on it is that you probably hurt her and she didnt like feeling that you were trying to control her and you pushed her to far. i would just keep it casual like you are trying to do, ask her how shes doing here and there, take her out to a couple lunches/dinners with no expectation of getting her back that night or hooking up with her that night. Do what you did in the beginning of the relationship when you were good to her and if things are meant to be then they will work out

im pulling for ya

kaygee interesting situation.
my take on it is that you probably hurt her and she didnt like feeling that you were trying to control her and you pushed her to far. i would just keep it casual like you are trying to do, ask her how shes doing here and there, take her out to a couple lunches/dinners with no expectation of getting her back that night or hooking up with her that night. Do what you did in the beginning of the relationship when you were good to her and if things are meant to be then they will work out

im pulling for ya

Man I was doing that in the month of June but I just got fed up with it.... Like I don't have to beg you to be with me. I mean it's 3 years we have been together and this is our first major break up. When I talked to her July 2nd it almost felt like she wanted space and the last thing I wanna do is suffocate someone. I feel like the more I contact her and make the effort the more I look like a sucker. I love the girl but I'm not going to get played like a herb in the process. I know she loves me deep down and I am her first love so hopefully she comes back to her senses and realizes how good she has it. I really appreciate your positive words.....

My cousin's gf texted me panicking about the MCAT (shes taking it next week, Im taking in January) and she already is making panic for it. I know I still have a decent amount of time to study for it but I just cant seem to focus on studying right now. I tried studying a little bit everyday but I been slacking and mind is all over the place. Hell idk what Im gonna do if I dont get a good enough score for med school. Do I still wanna keep trying hell I dont even have a back up plan and Im not even sure what I even want to do with my life yet. I picked medicine cause I know I'll have a job and sure I love helping people and stuff and treating injuries and all that but my heart isnt committed to it 100% but nothing Ive done has been committed 100% because Idk what I want to do.

I just Im feeling this way now cause its panic time for me and my grades havent been best and I still have time to get them up but all this is hitting me now and I guess its just a little panic attack

i love women....i do

right now i feel no urge to be in a relationship.......i dont see the big deal sleeping alone, i think i prefer it......i dont feel like dealin with her schedule etc

i actually have plenty of female friends an i rather just be like the f buddy, an good convo etc....i question settling down everyday

i love women....i do

right now i feel no urge to be in a relationship.......i dont see the big deal sleeping alone, i think i prefer it......i dont feel like dealin with her schedule etc

i actually have plenty of female friends an i rather just be like the f buddy, an good convo etc....i question settling down everyday
MANNNNNNNN

This is me 100% but there are times were I want to lay up with a woman 

Preciate the response. I'm actually in school right now. I go to this recording arts school for audio engineering. I've been thinking about the police academy if music doesn't work out for me. Even though I don't have hoop dreams anymore I use to hoop all the time. Playing ball use to take my mind off of life in general, but now my work schedule gets in the way of that. I only play ball twice a week now. That's all I have time for at least until I find another job. My other time goes to school, work, and music. I feel what you're saying about the girl thing. Things between us have always been good, so I have that "what if" thought. I have a small circle of good/close friends, but I'm a private person. Certain things I just wont talk about openly to people. I hang with them every week when I'm off. As far as hitting each other up it's kind of mutual. It's 3 of us, so one of us always ends up getting in touch with someone. We mostly hoop or go get something to eat. 
Oh alright that's solid and it's always good to have a backup plan. Glad you have a good circle I wasn't sure if you meant you didn't have any friends to hang with or are just a private person when it comes to personal things. It sounds like you're on the right track with what you're doing. Do you plan on ever hitting her up to do something or just to catch up?

-I am VERY excited about returning to school. I believe it has been almost 2 years since I sat in a classroom
-I confess way too many things in this thread. Then I go back and read them and think "that was really dumb"

You have nothing to apologize for in my opinion.  You have standards for the woman that you'll date and there is nothing wrong with that.  

-I am VERY excited about returning to school. I believe it has been almost 2 years since I sat in a classroom
-I confess way too many things in this thread. Then I go back and read them and think "that was really dumb"

Don't feel that way we are here to help
Each other out!!

Back
Top Bottom