Couple quits job and travel the world in boat

I don't know why some of you guys are bringing up skin color like non white people couldn't do this or like there aren't any non white ppl that have done this

They white right? 
happy.gif
of course

You cant live on the land your whole life then all of a sudden decide you want to live out at sea.

I applaud their bravery but ioknow.

What gave it away that they were white? The boat? lol

but this is cool. Must be nice to have that flexibility with their careers. I think anybody would wanna do this sort of traveling if they could pick up and leave. Idk about calling it courageous tho

Just do it b. Whatever it is you're thinking about with all these millenial life crisis regret posts.

If I had dough saved and a down *** chick i'd do this for a year. Do studies online at the same time.

Last edited:
Hard to walk away from a job when you started with nothing and worked to get there. If you grew up privileged, I could see it happening in a situation like that.

What gave it away that they were white? The boat? lol

but this is cool. Must be nice to have that flexibility with their careers. I think anybody would wanna do this sort of traveling if they could pick up and leave. Idk about calling it courageous tho
Yeah being out at sea with just your GF in a sailboat aint courageous at all 
indifferent.gif

Neither is leaving your career in your late 20's 
indifferent.gif

..so what happens when the vacation is over? Ya go to your old boss begging for ya job back? Find a new career? This isn't practical, at all.

I gotta figure out how to do it the corporate way. Dudes will go on sabbatical for a year and still get paid, working from wherever they are.

they are missing out on years of retirement investments and employer contributions...also, health insurance and dental, what happens if they get bit by a shark or something? 

Just do it b. Whatever it is you're thinking about with all these millenial life crisis regret posts.

If I had dough saved and a down *** chick i'd do this for a year. Do studies online at the same time.
Yeah I really don't get how he picks which forbes post to make threads out of. I agree just go for it.

I say grind and invest so you can quit your job FOREVER not just one year.

@millenial  take a look at mr money mustache blog/forum. Make your dream a reality.

Last edited:

they are missing out on years of retirement investments and employer contributions...also, health insurance and dental, what happens if they get bit by a shark or something? 
ACA… You're correct about missing out on retirement savings and employer match, but if you're ahead of the game when it comes to that, I think the experience should far outweigh any negative impact associated with not making money for a year. 
..so what happens when the vacation is over? Ya go to your old boss begging for ya job back? Find a new career? This isn't practical, at all.
If you're a high caliber employee and leave on good terms, there's no reason they shouldn't welcome you back, assuming there's an opportunity available. The fact it's not "practical" in our culture is a testament to our worker bee culture… 

ACA… You're correct about missing out on retirement savings and employer match, but if you're ahead of the game when it comes to that, I think the experience should far outweigh any negative impact associated with not making money for a year. 
i was kidding, and props to thses folks (and yourself if you go through with it)...

i couldn't do 4-5 years like they are but would love to sail around the Caribbean or Mediterranean for a few months...

Back
Top Bottom