CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

finally got around to doing my silver anniversary xis tonight. only wore them twice since they dropped. i did the space jams a few months back and they came out nice. here's the anni's....

154963_480089687426_763427426_5661994_2744956_n.jpg

opinions?

The Snakeskin XIs are killin it. I think the darker blue compliments them really well. This has to be one of the best posts in a long time. Takes me back to the "XI forum" when people were dying the uppers of their concords.

Originally Posted by crazyforspizikes

haven't worn or even tried on my anni 11's yet...how do you do this so that the dye doesn't get on the white outsole?
a brand new paintbrush, a little time and a lot of patience. you could tape the border of the midsole just in case but in my experience the dye/paint ALWAYS seems to creep up under the tape anyway. only its worse because you cant see it behind the tape so when you peel off, you see the dye has already dried into your midsole! no good. just a fine tipped paint brush, a still hand and some patience oughta do it.

Originally Posted by smzsmz

finally got around to doing my silver anniversary xis tonight. only wore them twice since they dropped. i did the space jams a few months back and they came out nice. here's the anni's....

154963_480089687426_763427426_5661994_2744956_n.jpg

opinions?
Look great!  I'm actually happier with my pre-releases because of the blue tongue.  They would look even better with these soles.

Does anybody have a youtube link on how to TINT these blue? i need step by step instructions and haven't found anything yet....

eek.gif

i was talking about this to my friend earlier, space jams with blue tinted soles never knew it was done before
laugh.gif

props to dude who posted it they look CLEANN
pimp.gif

do they still yellow though? even after you dye them
nerd.gif

not really. i did this to my space jams too and they sort of yellow at the bottom of the shoe but the sides stay blue for the most part.

Do the soles come out evenly blue??? Can't tell on some pics because it looks evenly distributed. I definitely don't want it looking uneven, blotchy, or spotty...

Originally Posted by sthebest

thanks guys. I did a few more XIs for Roll. this time I used just water and RIT dye. I find that using water works, but makes the blue a darker blue as opposed to a deep light blue like you get with seaglow.

Space Jams
w/o flash

w/ flash

can we have some pics of those sj without flash? it looks likes its a light shade but id like to see how it looks like with flash

I HAD TO DO THIS EARLIER TO A DS PAIR OF MY CG 11s ONE PAIR WAS GREEN (YELLOWING+THE BLUE SOLE) AND THE OTHER SOLE WAS BLUE THEY LOOK PRETTY IDENTICAL JBs QUALITY SUCKS

Man, I wanna do this. Next time someone does this if they could do a instructional video or something like that would be dope

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by BigEli500

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS! how in the BLUE hell did that guy to that to his shoes!? That looks amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. Please, tutorial for all of us. Also, how long does this last? Does it fade?
Thanks guys. It's funny how people said I originally ruined my Concords when I first posted pics in the restoration thread with my crappy old camera
grin.gif
 Anywho, no the dye doesnt fade. Trust me, I put it to the test by scrubbing the hell out of the soles on the Concords multiple times with a SOS pad and even using straight bleach the excess dye. It's permanent if done right.

This is what you want to do
1.) Mix a small 1/2 cup of 2/3 sea glow and 1/3 powder dye.
2.) Mix it together really well. The dye should dissolve into the sea glow (I usually make mines a little lumpy to get a deeper tint)
3.) Take a paint brush and carefully paint the soles. If it bleeds onto the midsole, then quickly wipe it away with a wet rag that has soap on it)
4.) Let sit for 5-10 minutes
5.) Whatever is not dissolved into the soles, just wipe away.

voila! blue tinted soles. I will be making a video tutorial sometime soon. no more yellowing
pimp.gif
 I wore my Concords several times and theyve held up perfect. Ive also worn my anniversary XIs 1 time and they havent turned the slightest bit yellow. In fact, the sole is comparable to my Bred XIs

pimp.gif
 props you made my christmas bro. 

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

Do the soles come out evenly blue??? Can't tell on some pics because it looks evenly distributed. I definitely don't want it looking uneven, blotchy, or spotty...
THEY D0 IF Y0U MAKE SURE Y0U D0NT LET THE DYE RUN AND F0RM BUBBLES IF THAT HAPPENS, WHERE THE BUBBLES ARE THEY WILL COME 0UT DARKER IN THAT AREA ALS0 REMEMBER T0 WIPE AB0UT 30SECS EACH TIME AFTER Y0U APPLY THE DYE IT MAKES THEM C0ME 0UT M0RE LIGHT BLUE LIKE IF Y0U D0NT THEYLL BE DARK BLUE

Back
Top Bottom