CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

do you think further dyeing the new cool greys a deeper blue will prevent yellowing or make it not as apparent?

^^They still yellow Proto they just look less noticeable. My SJs look hot with the blue bottoms but yellowing is inevitable.

Dying yellow soles will probably turn it into a greenish color, but curious to see the results.

This blue dye technique did wonders for the Anniversary XI's...I will consider this method if the Concords release.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm seriously not feeling the blue dye on the soles of the Space Jams; same goes for the Cool Greys as well.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

do you think further dyeing the new cool greys a deeper blue will prevent yellowing or make it not as apparent?
yellowing is inevitable but it will definitely slow down the process alot.

The Anniversary XIs I did for myself havent yellowed. And when you dye to sole, yellow makes the shoe look dirtier instead of discoloring the sole beyond belief. Think of the colored coat as a protective buffer. The more coats you add, the more resistant it is to oxidation
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Getting ready to attempt to dye these Cool Greys....minus the SeaGlow....just using RIT Royal Blue dye and water. I read earlier in this post that this works.....thoughts? (iPhone pics)

id seaglow those if I were you. your soles are either going to be too dark to cover all that yellow (from using water instead of seaglow) or theyll turn green from mixing with the oxidation (this will occur if you decide to use seaglow instead of water).

and about my boy's purple sole Anniversaries, sorry I dont have any more pics. My boy is stationed overseas and the shoes are here in the States. Ill try to get him to send me a pic of the soles.

ok, i wanted to know if i do this and i put to much of the color, how can i redo it back to it's icey but not blue sole. it may sound stupid but i want to know if i can turn back to start again

You can't start all over from scratch and totally reverse it, but if you dye them too dark you can bleach them to a lighter shade of blue but not much lighter though. The dye is permanent. I would suggest doing a very light, watery coating of dye on the sole and continue to add more until you find a shade that suits you. Just make sure you dye both shoes at the same time so the two shoes dye evenly.

Just bleach is fine with a toothbrush or scrub brush of some sort. Do yourself a favor and be extremely careful with the bleach.

Originally Posted by sthebest

glad everyone approved of my sole dying method!

guess ill go down as a NT legend huh?
laugh.gif

son's a legend..... real recognize real

Originally Posted by IcySoles24

I did mines a while back...never got around to posting pics over here.

3f7362c2562a37a8e8010ee6061d2430a52d4a8b.jpg

2a71685d3be6020f2a7ed204f399a5db779f64fa.jpg

fde26635b83e5eee07906d20607f917ba04e957e.jpg

a3226845ef3b8ee400305422b6de9fbd62f9f747.jpg

Did you use rit dye and sea glow or just rit dye? I want the faintest light blue tint possible and I dont know which method is more effective. wish i could do without the sea glow and get good results.

Damn, I'm gonna have to try this on my Space Jams. That blue sole on them looks amazing to me.

so if you do this, after yellowing is it going to be yellow or will you have a green looking sole?

did this to my space jams and annies also, the yellowed parts look a little better and i only slightly liked my annies before doing this and now i love them. they look like columbias now and my jams are nice too. thanks OP for the lookin out you saved my XI's!

Back
Top Bottom