"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

^^^ boy you don't play with the responses & reviews huh?

Stann Lee on not having a cameo 

"As a matter of fact I have never requested a cameo. I love doing them. I'm incredibly happy when somebody asks me to do a cam but I don't ask for them. In fact there are times I don't get them. In the new X-Men movie, I don't have a cameo because it was shot, I think, somewhere in Europe, and I wasn't able to go there. But I have a funny theory about it; it also could be they didn't want me to do a cameo because, without my cameo, the movie will make more money. You are wondering how and I am going to explain that. You see, somebody watches the movie and the movie ends and the person says "Wow, I didn't see Stan's cameo. I must have missed it. So what do they do? Right back to the box office, buy another ticket, and watch the movie again. So I think it's a big moneymaking ploy on the part of the producers."

Stan the Man 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Damn, I just read that novel up there, and at the end straight up made this face here 
indifferent.gif

These points stuck out:

"In DoFP, a mutant drops a baseball stadium  on the White House, because a time traveler told him, if this one guy visiting the capital gets killed by a mutant, it'll kick off the Sentinels. 
indifferent.gif
 I get it that it's a new timeline and new things can happen, but that is so stupid. Everyone on the planet coulda watched that and been shook for life. Who cares if you save the president, that's worse than Bay of Pigs or an alien invasion. It's on and crackin. Make a million Sentinels tomorrow."

"They did the same **** to Prof. X. They needed to find and stop Mystique, but Xavier's powers are too good and strong. He could find her anywhere on the planet and freeze her in 20 minutes. So they made him ~ a heroin addict? 
laugh.gif
 And both sides of that serum are ridiculous. So they cured paralysis...and they cured mutant powers 30 years before X3  without that creepy little bald kid? And this is before time-travel Wolverine gets there? 
nerd.gif
 What happened to mutant and proud, Beast? Never forget." 
laugh.gif

You may have ruined the film for me 
indifferent.gif

And I know why they did it. Because The Wolverine came out last year. And that movie is basically X4. And they're gonna wanna put all the X-Men movies in a boxset together one day. Can't do that if you say all of these don't matter anymore. And man, I do not blame Matthew Vaughan for leaving, cuz I guarantee you, he just wanted to make X-Men: 2nd Class and then they dropped all this nonsense on him.
they could have still done the box set, just do it james bond still.. treat the 1st 3 x-men as their own movies.. throw the wolverine movies in

then start fresh with letting vaughn have fassbender and mcavoy.. they should have let him start with a clean slate.. let him start out with the original x-men (cyclops, beast, etc).. and then let him go

but singer was a producer on that, so that wasnt going to happen.. and i think people are savvy enough nowadays where they could get away with bring jackman back as wolverine in these new movies.. hell make a couple of jokes along the lines of first class

I enjoyed the time watching this movie but after letting it sink in, I'm good on seeing this movie again. Why am I watching an X-Men movie and the only people getting shine are Wolverine (no surprise), Mystique, and Magneto. They really should just start fresh and have the next X-Men movie have Cyclops as a main character.
except Cyclops is the worst. THE. WORST.

You guys aren't going to get the change you want without letting Jackman go unfortunately. He's a part of the old guard. It just doesn't work trying to force him in with a new team. Or old team with new actors, if you will.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past Spoiler Special - Simon Kinberg by EmpireMagazine via #soundcloud

Looks like they're done w/ time-travel and jumping alternate timelines when it comes to Apocalypse.

XMEN's problem really is Bryan Singer, his vision for the franchise is dated and even though they're going w/ a quasi reboot in Apocalypse, I expect more of the same.

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=soundcloud]id=empiremagazine%2Fx-men-days-of-future-past-spoiler-special-simon-kinberg;track_id=150938490[/MEDIA]"]

Looks like they're done w/ time-travel and jumping alternate timelines when it comes to Apocalypse.

XMEN's problem really is Bryan Singer, his vision for the franchise is dated and even though they're going w/ a quasi reboot in Apocalypse, I expect more of the same.
[/quote]

The Wolverine cameo in First Class is what ruined the reboot idea... If it wasn't for that 5 second scene, nothing would have been needed done...

Last edited:
I really want to see some new blood injected into the upcoming films. I'm tired of this entire cast. They've been around for 14 years. Their time has long been up. Don't get me wrong Halle Berry and Famke Janssen are still nice to look at but I'm done with them. I never want to see Gandalf play Magneto again. I always thought that was a terrible casting choice. Give me some new actors that can breathe new life into this franchise and make me forget about the past (no pun intended). They have the ability to really make some good things happen here. Please Fox, get it right.

that was LITERALLY the entire point of First Class...

:lol:

First Class injected new blood yea but I see where the og poster is coming from. It's clear he means he wants the whole roster nuked instead of just giving us younger versions of existing characters.

I enjoyed the time watching this movie but after letting it sink in, I'm good on seeing this movie again. Why am I watching an X-Men movie and the only people getting shine are Wolverine (no surprise), Mystique, and Magneto. They really should just start fresh and have the next X-Men movie have Cyclops as a main character.
except Cyclops is the worst. THE. WORST.
Justin Wong's Cyclops >>>>>> 

Last edited:
the problem was singer, who was a producer on first class.. and vaughn says as much when he left, something along the lines of it being singer's baby (funny, since he jumped ship quick for superman)

but they were right to go with young magneto and professor x.. and should have gone with really young cyclops, beast, jean, iceman and angel

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=soundcloud]id=empiremagazine%2Fx-men-days-of-future-past-spoiler-special-simon-kinberg;track_id=150938490[/MEDIA]"]

The Wolverine cameo in First Class is what ruined the reboot idea... If it wasn't for that 5 second scene, nothing would have been needed done...[/quote]

Yea, if they had just used a different actor for the cameo then First Class would've been a true reboot instead of a soft reboot.

Last edited:
First Class injected new blood yea but I see where the og poster is coming from. It's clear he means he wants the whole roster nuked instead of just giving us younger versions of existing characters.

Exactly. I thought what I said was pretty easy to interpret. I don't see why first class would be brought up when we're still using old actors in subsequent films.

the problem was singer, who was a producer on first class.. and vaughn says as much when he left, something along the lines of it being singer's baby (funny, since he jumped ship quick for superman)

but they were right to go with young magneto and professor x.. and should have gone with really young cyclops, beast, jean, iceman and angel

I would've liked first class much more if they had gone that route. As it stands, movie is meh to me.

Yea I feel you. I mean I like Hugh Jackman and all but I would've been open to a different take on the character after 14 years. I sure as hell don't want to see Halle Berry back as storm. Imagine the casting possibilities with a true reboot. It would've been great to have gotten someone like Lupita N'yongo to play Storm.

Now Fox is kinda in an awkward position where they're cherry picking who they want to recast or not.

Regardless of how I feel about DoFP, it would've been nice to have a completely clean break.

MrONegative post got me like whoaaaaaaaaaaa. How did I not think of those things? Those aren't nitpicks either.

There are just so many things to say about this film. :lol:

I liked it. It was good. Fox needs to fire their entire marketing dept.

It's just....cotdamn did they try to have it all. :lol:

The whole X-franchise, really is a mess.

I mean, they made the best out of a bad situation, but that ending in the X-mansion gave me every Lost finale vibe all over again. :nerd:

This got to be your shortest review ever

It's a warm up. Has to be.

He's reading thru the thread, collecting thoughts, multi-quotes, and then he'll MrO us. Be patient.

Called it.

You may have ruined the film for me :stoneface:

Mibad, like if you really liked the movie, that's cool. Cuz it was really fun and the acting was good, and they had a lot of good moments, if you don't think about it too much. That's just the stuff that hit me immediately.

but singer was a producer on that, so that wasnt going to happen.. and i think people are savvy enough nowadays where they could get away with bring jackman back as wolverine in these new movies.. hell make a couple of jokes along the lines of first class

Yup.

When they first announced DoFP, I thought...okay...that's really going out of the way just to throw Wolverine into the cast, but it's cool that they respect the audience enough to not just say **** it. :nerd: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom