DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Who in here would rewatch this movie from start to finish if they had it on Blu Ray and who who just skip to the last 30 minutes(fight scenes) of the movie and ignore the rest of the movie?

I thought Man of Steel was better than this.

Many here already saw it more than once in the theater and others still plan to watch it the third and fourth time. :lol:

Going again tomorrow for the 3rd time.

Pacing gets better imo second time

The superman floating scenes are pointless, but that's what you get with Snyder.

Snyder does like his slow-mo action poses. :lol:

I think they would be cooler if they were less abundant. Because they are cool, but then it's like, "son, chill".

I would love to talk about the future of the DCeU and possible plots for the next installments in the franchise...

Would also love to discuss possible executive decision or ideal creative minds that could be enlisted so that the problems people had with BvS can be properly addressed and course corrected

But clearly that's not happening

That movie was fire...starts slow but is best since I've seen star wars last December...
The last Star Wars was weak...Badly 
laugh.gif

I would love to talk about the future of the DCeU and possible plots for the next installments in the franchise...

Would also love to discuss possible executive decision or ideal creative minds that could be enlisted so that the problems people had with BvS can be properly addressed and course corrected

But clearly that's not happening
I would also enjoy this discussion, but we've talked about this in some length these past few days:

- Get Dini, Timm, Johns on board as creative consultants

- Pull power from Snyder and re-shift him to mainly visuals

- Bulletproof script for JL can fix some things

- Let Batfleck take the reins on his solo film

- Nail the SS movie -- can't afford another mess

- Showcase Amy Adams' teddies more

Last edited:
then talk about the film with people who enjoyed the film

there were people hating on GOTG, AoU, force awakens but they all got shut down by people who really enjoyed the movie because there was more good than bad to talk about.

people came into the starwars thread trying to nit pick the movie and they got hit with essays on why they were being irrational and hating for no reason

there is none of that in this thread because you cant defend this huge pile of garbage. if it was actually a good movie you would be able to say "actually this happened because of XYZ" but rather its just "i dont know why these things happened in the movie either but JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE"

this is the internet, people love arguing and fighting about pointless things. yet for this movie the problems are so blatant that no one even bothers defending it anymore, rather resorting to "stop being mean" 

Again it astonishes me how you pick every single scene and think that is simply a perfect way to criticize the film? And now people are just asking for you guys to stop being mean? :lol:

A lot of people tried to defend it but again you go on an exhaustive rant on every single scene, every single action and you just exhausted them to death. It's pretty much been you and Osh who is just constant with it too.

As I said again, why not just post a long winded review on why you hate it, get thumbs from osh and zik and move on instead of the tactic of "why is doomsday in the air", "why is bruce going to metropolis", etc.. literally going frame by frame and asking why, why, why...?

View media item 1967258

Funny thing is you hate the film so much but you gave it a 5/8 :lol:

Upon walking out of the theatre... 5/8

Last edited:
Lowered it to a 3.5/8

It's one of those movies where at first the style masks the smell but when you think about pretty much every scene you realize it's a giant illogical turd

then talk about the film with people who enjoyed the film

there were people hating on GOTG, AoU, force awakens but they all got shut down by people who really enjoyed the movie because there was more good than bad to talk about.

people came into the starwars thread trying to nit pick the movie and they got hit with essays on why they were being irrational and hating for no reason

there is none of that in this thread because you cant defend this huge pile of garbage. if it was actually a good movie you would be able to say "actually this happened because of XYZ" but rather its just "i dont know why these things happened in the movie either but JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE"

this is the internet, people love arguing and fighting about pointless things. yet for this movie the problems are so blatant that no one even bothers defending it anymore, rather resorting to "stop being mean" 

It's not about being mean. You and OKB are flooding the thread with dumb questions and dumb posts that could be answered if you thought about it for even a second.

This is what happens to all the bad threads on NT. You either respond to the trolls and waste time not actually discussing the subject. Or you have to scroll through 70% of the troll posts to find the meaningful stuff.

Like we really gotta break down why Superman used the spear when on the most basic level - he ended up being closest to it. At the same time, WW was holding Doomsday down with the lasso, which no one else had the power to do. In the middle of that, Superman is supposed to call a full time out, huddle up and discuss who uses the spear and why. Whether they should throw it or just stab him. Sounds like a thrilling movie. Riveting discussion.

Who in here would rewatch this movie from start to finish if they had it on Blu Ray and who who just skip to the last 30 minutes(fight scenes) of the movie and ignore the rest of the movie?

I thought Man of Steel was better than this.
I plan on going to see it again next week at Lincoln Center.

Please explain why he needed to put a tracker on that truck with a guy he was already tracking in it

Please explain lex's plan for doomsday if superman and friends didn't stop him

The problem with this movie is it gets worse the more you think about it

For DC's sake.. WW is the movie they can't afford to mess up

I have to look at their release dates for the upcoming movies

But SS is going look like an isolated effort without real connections to the larger universe, which was the problem with having Snyder in charge of JL.. He has a very distinct style

They've already done a superman origin film and you have the aftermath of this film..

Batman doesn't need an origin film.. So hopefully they don't go down that road again

Green lantern still has some stink on it, so for his sake it might be best to see him in the JL.. Like with cyborg who doesn't have that huge fan base

But WW does have the built in fans and they can do an origin story without it coming off repetitive (as doing one with batman or Spiderman would)

Last edited:
Please explain why he needed to put a tracker on that truck with a guy he was already tracking in it

Please explain lex's plan for doomsday if superman and friends didn't stop him

The problem with this movie is it gets worse the more you think about it
Because the truck and the guy are two different objects, no? Aren't they liable to split up at some point?

I agree hat Lex's motivations wee non existent, though.

Last edited:
Lowered it to a 3.5/8

It's one of those movies where at first the style masks the smell but when you think about pretty much every scene you realize it's a giant illogical turd

Hilarious! I'm ok with movies being illogical but they shouldn't be so illogical that you find a lot of it illogical as you are watching it to where it actually takes away from watching and enjoying the movie.

Transformers movie always have illogical stuff but it's not like, "Optimistic Prime just decided he's going to kill Bumble Bee because Sam Widwicki told him to"

WW story has real potential. Being a prequel set 100 years ago hopefully they are able to tell a focused story without needing to set up the rest of the universe.

Would you guys prefer for a Teen Titans movie or for them to keep the Cyborg movie? My niece would love to see Starfire and Raven.

Last edited:
WW story has real potential. Being a prequel set 100 years ago hopefully they are able to tell a focused story without needing to set up the rest of the universe.

they need to start buying currency with the viewing audience for their other projects..

If they can't deliver with their big guns, ain't no way people are going see the other solo films

Last edited:
Lowered it to a 3.5/8

Hilarious! I'm ok with movies being illogical but they shouldn't be so illogical that you find a lot of it illogical as you are watching it to where it actually takes away from watching and enjoying the movie.

Transformers movie always have illogical stuff but it's not like, "Optimistic Prime just decided he's going to kill Bumble Bee because Sam Widwicki told him to"
The thing with transformers movies is that they are fun action movies for kids.

Yes they are god awful and a disgrace to cinema but they are movies with no substance that never aim or claim to have substance.

This movie attempts to have substance, blows it's load (literally) just when it's about to address some of its central themes and ends up being incredibly hollow

And don't forget China loves big giant robots, so those movies kill over there

Would you guys prefer for a Teen Titans movie or for them to keep the Cyborg movie? My niece would love to see Starfire and Raven.
If the studio had any sort of intelligence, they'd immediately stop the Cyborg solo film.

Get a Young Justice / Teen Titans in its place to set up more of the universe.

I'm beginning to think superhero team up movies might be bulletproof, so DC doesn't have to worry about messing up

As long as there's action, visuals and multiple superheroes it's going to do money regardless

My worst nightmare come true

What if Marvel loses all incentive to try cuz of this. Start cutting corners cuz they making money anyway |I

Last edited:

If the studio had any sort of intelligence, they'd immediately stop the Cyborg solo film.

Get a Young Justice / Teen Titans in its place to set up more of the universe.
Cyborg was an awful choice, man. Dude has no personality. They can't give him a solo film.

I feel like if we looked at Marvels movies with the same scrutiny we could have the same gripes. It's a movie about superheroes at the end of the day.
This. /thread

I'm hyped as hell for the whole DCEU. I wonder if DC gets Darkseid on screen before we see Thanos in action.

I'm beginning to think superhero team up movies might be bulletproof, so DC doesn't have to worry about messing up

As long as there's action, visuals and multiple superheroes it's going to do money regardless

Makes me kinda sad cuz what if Marvel decides to just cut corners now when they realize this |I

At this point, Marvel is something I am not worried about. They know what they're doing. Despite AoU not being as good as A1, they still deliver with greatness like Cap2 and surprise you with GotG. AntMan was good too, one of those things you could easily joke with but they made it work, movie wasn't groundbreaking but they still pulled it off.

CW is going to be good, would be surprised if it's better than Cap2 but there's no reason to doubt the Russos yet but you will see how they do ensemble films though and that'll tell you if they could pull off Infinity Wars.

Back
Top Bottom