DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Son really said doppelganger though :rofl:

Must've had beer goggles on while trying to cast the XXX JL movie :lol:

After further research, Jasmine St. Claire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gal Gadot

:smokin :evil:

Last edited:
I like Parasite as a villain so i'd definitely be interested to see him in Man of Steel 2. Wouldn't mind Metallo either.

I think the a lot of the CBM should take the approach and scale it down. Don't go so big with the villains and story. Parasite will be awesome.

I hope someway somehow we get Lobo. I don't know how but I hope we somehow get Lobo in one of these movies :lol:

Yeah. When Brainiac shows up it's a huge deal, so it would be a larger threat. They could use him as a JL villain and leave bread crumbs of Brainiac in MOS2.

My hope is after they do the Green Lantern Corps film, they tap more into the cosmic and we get characters like Lobo, Hawkman, Adam Strange, Vril Dox, etc.

Yeah. When Brainiac shows up it's a huge deal, so it would be a larger threat. They could use him as a JL villain and leave bread crumbs of Brainiac in MOS2.

My hope is after they do the Green Lantern Corps film, they tap more into the cosmic and we get characters like Lobo, Hawkman, Adam Strange, Vril Dox, etc.

lobo in GL would be dope as ****. Gotta keep certain characters for certain heroes.

Who else beyond the this current JL team would we wanna see? Black Canary? Hawkgirl? Atom?

MARTIAN MANHUNTER

They should get the Young Justice people to help with the movies because I wasn't really a fan of Adam Strange until that episode of YJ. It was comedy. He was dabbing on the train security and weaseling out of scenarios left and right. :lol:

f34ef5a9_adamstrangeyjdab.gif

View media item 2142859View media item 2142860View media item 2142861

DCs biggest problem is trying to do too much and not keeping it simple.. Again, should just look at the animated movies

Use small subtle Easter eggs and after credit stuff to suggest to future stuff

MOS 2 should have been lex and his obsession with supes kryptonite and his powered suits and droids.. Or you go brianiac

Exactly. Take Batman Bad Blood or Justice League vs Teen Titans as two examples. Each has its own contained story, which is made possible by setups that happened in previous films, and they both end with the reveal of a new character: Batgirl and Terra respectively. Hell, the Teen Titans themselves were hinted at in both Batman vs Robin and Bad Blood, with something as simple as Nightwing calling Starfire on the phone. No reason the live action films can't ever do the same. Throw in a mention for Braniac in Man of Steel as some supercomputer program on Krypton, just like Superman the Animated Series established. Have some Kryptonite show up in a museum or something during Man of Steel. Then in Dawn of Justice maybe have a few more colors of Kryptonite show up in a similar manner, along with having someone in the opening fight between Superman and Zod hit in the chest by shrapnel or something (Just like Crossbones at the end of Winter Soldier ). When Lex is in Zod's ship have him come across some mentions of the Braniac program and show Braniac's symbol. Man of Steel 2 comes along and you can have someone actively researching the different forms of Kryptonite and maybe have Lex making his powered suits. While he's doing that you could show some computer screens with specs for beings like Metallo. Maybe show some government agents collecting some of Superman's DNA at the end of Dawn of Justice or even in Suicide Squad as a lead-in to Bizzaro. Give people a funny man in a bowler hat watching Superman on a television screen for Mr. Mxyzptlk. There are a ton of ways they could go about setting this **** up that wouldn't necessarily require them to make a big deal out of it. You can't be having your animated division consistently doing a better job than your live action one when it comes to this ****.

My dream villain line up for these movies.

Wonder Woman - Aries
Justice Leauge - Steppenwolf obviously
Aquaman - black manta obviously
Flash - Captain Cold save Zoom for another movie. You can even throw in Boomerang for movie tie ins
Shazam - black Adam obviously
JL 2 - Darksied invades earth but Green Latern Corp/New Genesis :lol:comes in for the save, Darksied kills Cyborg for good measure which is fine cause we got black Jon Stewart :lol:. Also gets an way to introduce GL which will be both. They can switch up the origin Jon Stewart been the GL and Hal was a fighter pilot that is in

MOS2 replaces cyborg and fights Parasite
SS2 -league or assassins
Batman - Red Hood/Joker
GL - Sinestro

JL3 - Darkeid again but let have it be on Apokolips

Eventually seeing granny goodness and the female furies would be cool. Big Barda would do work.

I was reading some dc wikis and didn't know billy batson had a twin sister who also transforms into Mary Marvel.

Last edited:
Eventually seeing granny goodness and the female furies would be cool. Big Barda would do work.

I was reading some dc wikis and didn't know billy batson had a twin sister who also transforms into Mary Marvel.

Big Barda I'm hoping for her thick sexy ***

Last edited:
DCs biggest problem is trying to do too much and not keeping it simple.. Again, should just look at the animated movies

MOS 2 should have been lex and his obsession with supes kryptonite and his powered suits and droids.. Or you go brianiac

Exactly. Take Batman Bad Blood or Justice League vs Teen Titans as two examples. Each has its own contained story, which is made possible by setups that happened in previous films, and they both end with the reveal of a new character: Batgirl and Terra respectively. Hell, the Teen Titans themselves were hinted at in both Batman vs Robin and Bad Blood, with something as simple as Nightwing calling Starfire on the phone. No reason the live action films can't ever do the same. Throw in a mention for Braniac in Man of Steel as some supercomputer program on Krypton, just like Superman the Animated Series established. Have some Kryptonite show up in a museum or something during Man of Steel. Then in Dawn of Justice maybe have a few more colors of Kryptonite show up in a similar manner, along with having someone in the opening fight between Superman and Zod hit in the chest by shrapnel or something (Just like Crossbones at the end of Winter Soldier ). When Lex is in Zod's ship have him come across some mentions of the Braniac program and show Braniac's symbol. Man of Steel 2 comes along and you can have someone actively researching the different forms of Kryptonite and maybe have Lex making his powered suits. While he's doing that you could show some computer screens with specs for beings like Metallo. Maybe show some government agents collecting some of Superman's DNA at the end of Dawn of Justice or even in Suicide Squad as a lead-in to Bizzaro. Give people a funny man in a bowler hat watching Superman on a television screen for Mr. Mxyzptlk. There are a ton of ways they could go about setting this **** up that wouldn't necessarily require them to make a big deal out of it. You can't be having your animated division consistently doing a better job than your live action one when it comes to this ****.

Those are two of the weaker animated flicks. I can just imagine the critics having a field day if there was live action ninja nuns with assault rifles or that DDR scene in JLVTT. Your ideas for setting up villains is exactly how I feel. You can leave bread crumbs for the next villain in each movie and keep the machine perpetually in motion.

The animated films benefit from a lot of things too. There's less restriction on what you can accomplish compared to live action. They usually have more characters and get away with being as weird or convoluted as the comics can be. People complain about the DCEU trying to juggle too many things, but they don't have half the moving parts that the animated films do. If you throw in the entire Bat family or the Legion of Doom without any set-up to the casual movie going audience, they're going to question who most of these people are. If they establish a LOD member in the solos, then an eventual LOD JL film could be a great payoff.

I was reading up on steppenwolf and didn't know he kind of made an appearance in bvs. He was that gold armor looking guy. Dunno if I like that interpretation since his other character designs look cooler.

Gold? Nah he was in the deleted scene and ultimate edition in the scene where lex is learning about mother box. He's in like grey like how the krypton ships would project things.

Those are two of the weaker animated flicks. I can just imagine the critics having a field day if there was live action ninja nuns with assault rifles or that DDR scene in JLVTT. Your ideas for setting up villains is exactly how I feel. You can leave bread crumbs for the next villain in each movie and keep the machine perpetually in motion.

The animated films benefit from a lot of things too. There's less restriction on what you can accomplish compared to live action. They usually have more characters and get away with being as weird or convoluted as the comics can be. People complain about the DCEU trying to juggle too many things, but they don't have half the moving parts that the animated films do. If you throw in the entire Bat family or the Legion of Doom without any set-up to the casual movie going audience, they're going to question who most of these people are. If they establish a LOD member in the solos, then an eventual LOD JL film could be a great payoff.

Yup.. Ideally brianiac you set up in an after credit scene and use the premise of superman unbound where brianiac captures worlds.. He notices earth because of the the events of 2 MOS movies and first JL movie.. Literally could just be him turning his attention to earth

Could have the rest of the JL trapped or preoccupied with his bots or whatever

Could even use it as a way to connect super girl or explain what caused what happened to krypton

Last edited:
I like Jays25 idea better than the post-credit clips. Have a tiny subplot unraveling Brainiac in the movies that pays off down the line. It would prep the audience better than just seeing Brainiac looking at Earth for 3 seconds.

I like the post credit scenes for hype purposes. Like seeing Thor's hammer after the credits of Iron Man 2. I remember leaving the theater so hype after that. :pimp: They could use the post-credit JL clip to name drop Billy Batson as he enters the principals office or show Booster Gold's gear on display in the Metropolis Space Museum before he steals it.

I like Jays25 idea better than the post-credit clips. Have a tiny subplot unraveling Brainiac in the movies that pays off down the line. It would prep the audience better than just seeing Brainiac looking at Earth for 3 seconds.

I like the post credit scenes for hype purposes. Like seeing Thor's hammer after the credits of Iron Man 2. I remember leaving the theater so hype after that. :pimp: They could use the post-credit JL clip to name drop Billy Batson as he enters the principals office or show Booster Gold's gear on display in the Metropolis Space Museum before he steals it.

Yea you obviously drop hints like that.. And it wouldn't even take much.. Just little things that those who have any sort of familiarity with the characters will pick up on

MOS they had some of it referencing lex Corp and Wayne enterprises.. But subtle completely went out the window with BvS.. Like was said could build to bizzaro.. Or have lex and government folks discover things from the stuff they had, the ships, wreckage and Zod's body

Like with Billy batson.. Could have something simple like Wayne giving a donation to the school and dropping off the check.. Or Clark following up a lead.. Then have an announcement over the PA "Billy batson, please report to the principals office"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom