DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Cyborg is so lame. It just makes things that much worse that he's on the team before Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, and Hawkgirl.

[h1]David Ayer Thanks Fans As SUICIDE SQUAD Passes $600 Million At The Worldwide Box Office[/h1]
144828.jpg
[h2]Regardless of its score on Rotten Tomatoes,Suicide Squad  has been a box office hit, and director David Ayer has taken to social media this evening to thank fans as it passes yet another benchmark...[/h2]

Damn, no love for Victor Stone? Yall betta put some respekt on Cyborg's name. 

Forreal. But I do agree that GL should have been in JL before Cyborg.

I think that is more reason why Cyborg should be in JL first. GL can stand on it's own as film but they probably still need to gauge the reaction on Cyborg in the JL film so that they know how to move forward. If he gets a WW type of hype after JL then they'd go forth with his solo film but not then they could just easily replace it with another film.

And honestly, the way WB/DC has been doing these films, the less the better and if you put GL in there then you'd have 2-3 extra characters to deal with and write into the film and I am not certain yet if they could handle it.

I mean obviously I am one of the few here that likes MoS and BvS but I do know that they can still improve and their writing along with editing are what needs the most work.

I don't think anyone hates him, its just that he doesn't belong on the Justice League. It's just like how you don't need to see Daredevil or Jessica Jones on the Avengers. Everyone has their place and Cyborg's is with the Teen Titans. Honestly, even among that franchise there are other characters who i'd nominate to the JLA before Vic. I really think the only reason he made it onto the team at all is because you can at least say that no other member of the League is entirely cybernetic like he is.

I don't think anyone hates him, its just that he doesn't belong on the Justice League. It's just like how you don't need to see Daredevil or Jessica Jones on the Avengers. Everyone has their place and Cyborg's is with the Teen Titans. Honestly, even among that franchise there are other characters who i'd nominate to the JLA before Vic. I really think the only reason he made it onto the team at all is because you can at least say that no other member of the League is entirely cybernetic like he is.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new 52 had Cyborg as one of the members of JL?

And the new 52/Rebirth is being led by Geoff Johns?
I think that is more reason why Cyborg should be in JL first. GL can stand on it's own as film but they probably still need to gauge the reaction on Cyborg in the JL film so that they know how to move forward. If he gets a WW type of hype after JL then they'd go forth with his solo film but not then they could just easily replace it with another film.

And honestly, the way WB/DC has been doing these films, the less the better and if you put GL in there then you'd have 2-3 extra characters to deal with and write into the film and I am not certain yet if they could handle it.

I mean obviously I am one of the few here that likes MoS and BvS but I do know that they can still improve and their writing along with editing are what needs the most work.
Makes sense to add Cyborg into a team rather than a solo film off top as an introduction to the character since he doesn't have the rich history as some of the other characters do...

Last edited:

But in RFX's comment, it makes sense to add Cyborg into a team rather than a solo film off top as an introduction to the character since he doesn't have the rich history as some of the other characters do...

And no one liked that he was on the team in the New 52 either.

Last edited:
When these movies were just concepts, the New 52 was current and Cyborg was made a founding member in that continuity. I feel like there isn't a GL because of the 2011 movie and they wanted maximum separation.

It would be like having Black Widow on the Avengers without Thor or Hulk. And making a Black Widow solo film before Thor or Hulk. Cyborg was a founding member of one of the worst received Justice League teams/DC comics relaunch. I think DC maybe thought by the time the movies were releasing, Cyborg would be more significant. They launched his first solo comic series last year with DCYou, but he's a character that doesn't have history by himself like these other guys. Giving him a solo is perplexing to me.

EDIT: Cyborg should really have a Black Widow/Hawkeye/Falcon type of role in the DCEU.

Last edited:

Yes and yes.

When these movies were just concepts, the New 52 was current and Cyborg was made a founding member in that continuity. I feel like there isn't a GL because of the 2011 movie and they wanted maximum separation.

It would be like having Black Widow on the Avengers without Thor or Hulk. And making a Black Widow solo film before Thor or Hulk. Cyborg was a founding member of one of the worst received Justice League teams/DC comics relaunch. I think DC maybe thought by the time the movies were releasing, Cyborg would be more significant. They launched his first solo comic series last year with DCYou, but he's a character that doesn't have history by himself like these other guys. Giving him a solo is perplexing to me.

EDIT: Cyborg should really have a Black Widow/Hawkeye/Falcon type of role in the DCEU.

Agreed.

They wanted their live action universe to line up with the comics in some ways, which I can respect. But even then I wouldn't be giving Cyborg his own film.

Last edited:
I agree with that to an extent. But I really feel that he was choosen because of his ties to the mother boxes. 

I agree with that to an extent. But I really feel that he was choosen because of his ties to the mother boxes. 

Well keep in mind, the Mother Box connection only came about in the New 52 to begin with. So to me that comes off as something of an add-on to make him being on the team more plausible. Now you've got someone who is the only cybernetic type character, plus he's got the Mother Boxes. Previously in the DC continuity, Mother Boxes were strictly a New God thing. Other characters like Superman got access to one every now and again, but the only people who had them on a regular basis, that were affiliated with the Justice League, were Orion, Scott Free, and Big Barda.

So the conversation probably went something like "Let's shake things up a bit and put Cyborg on the Justice League. He's African American, so that gives the core team more representation. He's then got the whole cybernetic/machine man angle, which none of the other characters have. Then, lets boost his powers a bit/make him more versatile and give him some upgraded tech, like one of those power rings floating all over the place or a Mother Box! Wouldn't that be something?! And then we're having Darkseid as out first villain too that brings the team together, so it fits even better!"

EDIT: Ok 1 person probably didn't come up with all of that, but you get what i'm saying :lol:

Last edited:

This is what happens when you spend decades ignoring certain demographics on a more prominent a-list level then realize there's a huge audience there and the movie studio wants poc on ya a-list team and you have nobody that qualifies cuz you're not willing to budge on who should be the main GL (Johns favoring Hal over Jon) so you try to change comic continuity to elevate a teenage hero and place him with the big guns.

******* lame.

JL needs another female on the team as well. I've felt that way from the start (feel the same about the OG Avengers). Its like how can the Power Rangers get this right but they can't?

Yeah but they didn't even put in the work to make Cyborg more significant. He is only now recently getting a solo comic. He's got the same minimal presence in animation.

I said it before they would've been better off creating some supernatural/magic user that exclusively works with the JL that's a hero not teaming up with Constantine and the JLD team.

They already kept Dr. Fate on Earth 2 with the reboot so they could've had some sort of mashup for a poc and maybe even female.

Last edited:

This is what happens when you spend decades ignoring certain demographics on a more prominent a-list level then realize there's a huge audience there and the movie studio wants poc on ya a-list team and you have nobody that qualifies cuz you're not willing to budge on who should be the main GL (Johns favoring Hal over Jon) so you try to change comic continuity to elevate a teenage hero and place him with the big guns.

******* lame.

JL needs another female on the team as well. I've felt that way from the start (feel the same about the OG Avengers). Its like how can the Power Rangers get this right but they can't?

Yeah but they didn't even put in the work to make Cyborg more significant. He is only now recently getting a solo comic. He's got the same minimal presence in animation.

I said it before they would've been better off creating some supernatural/magic user that exclusively works with the JL that's a hero not teaming up with Constantine and the JLD team.

They already kept Dr. Fate on Earth 2 with the reboot so they could've had some sort of mashup that a pic and maybe even female.

Before JL Dark I was saying Zatanna, but that's probably not an option anymore. Therefore, I say Hawkgirl or Black Canary.

Last edited:
I think they can still use Zatanna if they want for both teams. Hal and John can be apart of the GLC and still help the JL when needed. Mera is supposed to be in JL.

Hawkgirl and Black Canary are great suggestions. They could add Vixen too. Maybe Big Barda (and have Mister Miracle in there with her).

I doubt they will.

To be specific, especially if Snyder is still doing JL movies. Liman is gonna want that full control of the characters in his movie.

Besides Zatanna would have to be a breakout character to get to be in both JL and DU movies.

The 2nd female on the JL probably should've been Hawkgirl. Call back to the JLU cartoon. Give her the immortal origin instead of the alien one or a/e other version that isn't that complicated.

Last edited:
My understanding was Snyder does not have full control anymore...it's all falling on Geoff Johns now?

Just saw this on YT. Whoever edited this, skills are on point. It's amazing how well both scenes add up from both movies.

My understanding was Snyder does not have full control anymore...it's all falling on Geoff Johns now?
That's yet to be seen but I think it'd be best he wasn't even directing anymore.

But we'll see if he really knows how to fall in line for the better of the movie.

On the other hand, Johns needs to prove himself as well. As far as movies go only thing I know he was involved in was the GL movie. Talking a good game is one thing but it's been time to show and prove.

Last edited:
Suicide Squad was a God awful movie. They would have been better off naming this Deadshot & Friends.

Speaking of "friends", it felt like they were trying to force that idea into the viewers head. Every couple of minutes someone in the squad used that word: aww my friends, leave my friends alone, where are my friends to replace actually building a bond/friendship between the crew.

Why exactly did they decide to go take on Enchantress after the bar scene especially if Flagg destroyed the Kill Switch. Deadshot was the only one with real motivation and I suppose Quinn just being crazy was adequate enough for her.

They should have taken some sort of an actual loss before the actual final battle to make them realize they needed to come together and be this "family" they kept claiming to be. Flagg lying to them shouldn't have been it especially seeing as though they're all criminals.

Back
Top Bottom