Dear White People

Do the Right Thing did this in 1989 and did it with class. It was actually good too.

This looks like it only exists to entice people to project their hate, from both sides. 

Engage in discourse with a bigot? :lol: Homie I'd much rather watch fox news, at least then I'd get a few lulz. You're highly overvaluing your silly words. Aren't you an auto tech or something? You're the last person to be questioning my intelligence.

Engage in discourse with a bigot?
laugh.gif
Homie I'd much rather watch fox news, at least then I'd get a few lulz. You're highly overvaluing your silly words. Aren't you an auto tech or something? You're the last person to be questioning my intelligence.
roll.gif

Engage in discourse with a bigot? :lol: Homie I'd much rather watch fox news, at least then I'd get a few lulz. You're highly overvaluing your silly words. Aren't you an auto tech or something? You're the last person to be questioning my intelligence.

Stay in school kid.

I'm not a bigot or an auto tech. :lol:

Last edited:
I've been following the film for a minute.

Hyped for the director and producer(black woman) to get their chance.

I have been LOVING the youtube comments. LOVING THE COMMENTS.

The film has already done everything it needed to do.

A film gets made satirically attacking white america, and they get mad.

Guess they wanted another "Colors" about ghetto thugs shooting each other.

It's in my knowledge that the film attacks both sides right? Kinda like in a boondocks-ish way?

I don't disagree. Black folk need to step outside of themselves sometimes. It's as if everything in their mind revolves around their blackness, I think it's a form of misguided shame. I wear my blackness as a badge of honor, but only as a badge because I'm so much more than a black man.

We bleed the same, we love the same, we laugh the same...we hurt the same. We all have different outer shells, but God made every heart the same way, no matter what it's wrapped in. Make films about the human condition. While there is still the old boys club, money talks and if a black filmmaker can make a good movie, I think the doors would open up. Being black is beautiful, but it's become a chain and a crutch...one day well all be people...but until I look at myself as a person, no one else will.

I feel most of your post...

I'll just say blacks truly won't have a say until money is kept and spent amongst ourselves....last time that happened we got introduced to crack.

Funny when people say "we should be like the Latinos" uhhhh we were doing that first :lol: ..talk to your parents and grandparents some times and listen to their stories...

Last edited:
Variant Bamboozled.

Bamboozled is free on YouTube by the way. Worth checking out if you like satire.

Bamboozled was a great film. Made you think about the television/film industry and I always thought about that film when I thought about the Chappelle show and why Dave walked away from it

Last edited:

Usually when a member of the dominant society has a point they want to get across about black people or something black, they always label them as "angry", in an attempt to discredit them.  Just look at the number of times the reviewer mentioned the word "angry" in association with this film.  The same way they label a brotha as angry or an extremist when he is trying to get his point across about something, just look at some of the old articles that were written about Malcolm X back in the day in newspapers. 

lol... the trailer is literally a few scenes of angrily yelling at a ticket booth employee and shrill sarcasm about the gremlins...

look at the still picture for the video... multiple people looking angry... lol... Review is on point

I didn't really sense much anger in that. It's a satire folks.

Last edited:

man why are you even surprised at the cats responding like that in this thread? They act the same way every thread race is involved, I`m convinced they are all the same people or just live in some alternate dimension.

man why are you even surprised at the cats responding like that in this thread? They act the same way every thread race is involved, I`m convinced they are all the same people or just live in some alternate dimension.
I'm amazes me how people are not understanding what kind of film it is
laugh.gif

People are really feeling some type of way about this and this seems like it'll be a somewhat lighthearted film. If someone was to really dig deep in the subject, I could only imagine how folks would be responding.

satire is only truly understood within a culture... anybody who doesn't get the overall undertones is going to see it as anger...

i bet the script for the ticketbooth scene asked for angry/disgusted faces

satire is only truly understood within a culture... anybody who doesn't get the overall undertones is going to see it as anger...

i bet the script for the ticketbooth scene asked for angry/disgusted faces
It's not that hard to understand. This movie is being marketed as a satire. Seems like people are just reading the title of the movie and going from there.

Do the Right Thing did this in 1989 and did it with class. It was actually good too.

This looks like it only exists to entice people to project their hate, from both sides. 

reminds me of School Dazes, except this one is black vs. white and not black vs. black
probably wont be funny like school daze tho

First thing I thought was it looks like an old school Spike Lee joint

Will support

I know I keep bringing Bamboozled up, but Spike literally posted the DEFINITION of satire during the opening credits and some people STILL didn't get it.
Don't be surprised when things go over people's heads.

Back
Top Bottom