Delete.

Originally Posted by KL9

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Originally Posted by KL9

Hi guys.
embarassed.gif
nerd.gif

...Had to make my first post on this screen name in this post.
That haircut thread.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
Lesson learned...do not quote inappropriate pictures.
Word
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by KL9

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Originally Posted by KL9

Hi guys.
embarassed.gif
nerd.gif

...Had to make my first post on this screen name in this post.
That haircut thread.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
Lesson learned...do not quote inappropriate pictures.
Word
grin.gif
laugh.gif
You too? Dang...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

I really enjoyed Up. However, thought the 3D was pointless.
Cross your heart? Yea...I thought the movie was good as well.

1) Monsters Inc
2) Finding Nemo/Toy Story
3) Up

My favorite Pixar movies in that order.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by KL9

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

haircut thread? i guess i missed out. hah
Consider yourself lucky
laugh.gif
...I miss my old screen name
frown.gif
You get 3 months too?
3 months? Damn...I thought I was on Holden's good side with 6.
laugh.gif
I'll serve my time.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

That's rough.

I'd like to say something about that, but I don't want to be banned for 2 months saying something bad about the Fakers.

I "almost" got suspended by him since I was just messing around with JapanAir about something but luckily JA cleared it up with him.
laugh.gif

Warriors like shooter Williams
By Marcus Thompson
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 06/02/2009 07:18:33 PM PDT

OAKLAND - Perhaps the last thing the Warriors need is another swingman. They have a roster full of shooting guards and small forwards.

But if they are going for best player available when they select No. 7 overall in the NBA draft June 25, the pick may be another swingman.

Louisville senior Terrence Williams - an athletic and physical 6-foot-6, 220-pound shooting guard - might make the Warriors consider adding to their excess. He's been linked to them in the draft rumor mill. Plus, a team source said coach Don Nelson loves Williams.

"Right after they call my name, I'd be on the next plane and come here," he said of his reaction should the Warriors draft him. "And won't leave here. Ever."

Williams was the most notable player in Tuesday's group workout at Golden State's practice facility. For the second and final day, two groups of NBA hopefuls worked out for an hour each before representatives of some 20 NBA teams. They had to play some 2-on-2 this time as North Carolina big man Tyler Hansbrough didn't show up, leaving the first group with only five players.

Williams was joined by such notables as Arizona forward Chase Budinger, UCLA point guard Darren Collison and Gonzaga forward Austin Daye. Saint Mary's point guard Patty Mills highlighted Monday's crop.

Williams said he did "all right" Tuesday (though Temple guard Dionte Christmas seemed to have shined the most, according to the players). No Warriors executive was made available for comment, but it is widely accepted that Golden State is interested in Williams, though No. 7 overall is considered on the high side to draft him.

Originally Posted by KL9

Another shooter...
eyes.gif
Read Kawakami's blog. He's being mentioned as more of a point foward of the future. I really don't know his game because I don'treally watch college basketball, but he said that he played point-forward all his career. Also, he is a really good defender. The only thing, he is projectedas a mid to late 1st rounder.

[h2]Terrence Williams' Twitter-$%@ transcript: "I would love to be here"[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on June 2nd, 2009 at 2:33 pm | Categorized as College basketball, NBA, Warriors

Terrence Williams: Louisville swingman, potential Warriors No. 7 overall selection, potential point-forward, engaging conversationalist and… talented Twitterer (latest dispatch is about his post-practice interview).

Not necessarily in that order of significance, of course.

Here's the transcript from the post-workout interview session today. As I've said in the previous item, Williams was engaging and thoughtful and sounded very much like he'd love the Warriors to take him at No. 7.

I think the Warriors' brass-led by Don Nelson, who was on hand-are trying to convince themselves that Williams could be an ideal point-forward complement for little shooting guard Monta Ellis.

I think they also like that he's a four-year college player, set to turn 22 later this month.

If they're convinced Williams can initiate the offense and defend tough perimeter scorers, he might be the guy at No. 7, even if that seems about 5 to 10 picks higher than you'd expect out of a middle-sized guy without great shooting range.

Plus, since I've started the Twitter thing myself, I had to love it when Williams started talking in what I can only call Twitter-ese, saying he should use the "equal sign" to quickly convey "which means" in a sentence.

As in: Terrence Williams' game = versatility. (Or something like that.)

-TERRENCE WILLIAMS, post-workout gaggle/

(The others in his group of 6: Chase Budinger, Dionte Christmas, Austin Daye, Gani Lawal and Leo Lyons.)

-Q: How did it go?

-WILLIAMS: Uh, I think it went all right. I liked it because we got to get out and play. No drills, no running, just played basketbal. And that's what we're all here for.

-Q: Two on two?

-WILLIAMS: Two on two, three on three, one on one. We got right into it. We stretched and then went right into it.

-Q: Who'd you find yourself matched up against mainly?

-WILLIAMS: Since we were all inter-changeable, there was a lot of switching. There was not really one primary guy that I was guarding…

-Q: Dionte Christmas was saying he schooled you a little bit. (I think this was a joke by Steinmetz. Dunno, I didn't listen to Christmas talk.)

-WILLIAMS: I don't know anything about that. Played hard. I don't know about going to school. I don't go to school any more. (Laughter.)

-Q: How would you describe your game?

-WILLIAMS: Hard worker, a person that's about his teammates, refuses to lose, that gives his all to try to win the game.

So that means, "equal sign":… (gestures with his hands)

-Q: Wait, "equal sign"? Are you Twittering right now? Twitter language?

-WILLIAMS: Yeah, I'm Twittering. I've only got 130 characters to Twitter!

(Continues…) A person that connects the dots. So if you're a great shooter and he's a great rebounder, I'm going to get you the ball to knock down the shot and I'm going to bounce out so he can get the rebound. I'm the guy to do the little things.

-Q: Do you see yourself as a possible point-forward, since maybe the Warriors are looking at you for that?

-WILLIAMS: I think I fit great. If that's what they need, I'll play point-forward, center, Gatorade-protector, anything.

That's what I played in college. That's what I played in high school, played AAU, point-forward, the person that was not really the point guard but bring the ball up the court, run the offense. Yeah, I see myself as that.

-Q: Do you sense that the Warriors are interested?

-WILLIAMS: I heard that, but until I sit down with Nellie and the GM and they tell me that, then I don't buy any rumors. If my name gets called by them, then I'll know they're interested, yeah.

-Q: At Louisville, did you end up guarding the toughest perimeter players?

-WILLIAMS: I guarded the best player. I guarded point guards some games. I guarded power forwards some games. And then some games, if the other teams really can't shoot, we'd just go into a zone.

-Q: How's your shooting going?

-WILLIAMS: I work out in Vegas with Gary Payton, a person who's from here, Oakland. Me and him work out, and on all the little things, as far as shooting under pressure, shooting when you're tired. I do a lot of work on shooting.

-Q: So you'd be OK if the Warriors drafted you?

-WILLIAMS: Here? If I wind up here, I'll come right here. Right after they call my name, I'll get on the next plane and come here. And won't leave here ever. I would love to be here.

Jamal Crawford's from here, that's like a brother to me. I love this system, the way they play. They're really the main team that plays the point-forward. So yeah, I would disagree at all.

-Q: What's your connection with Payton?

-WILLIAMS: When he was in Seattle when he played for the Sonics, I played for his AAU team… And we've got the same agent, so it was an easy hook-up. I actually stay at his house. I stay in his little house. He stays in the big house.

-Q: Budinger said he got asked a few weird questions at the combine. Did you get any weird ones?

-WILLIAMS: (Laughs.)

-Q: You don't seem like you'd be fazed much by weird questions…

-WILLIAMS: I wasn't fazed, but I've got a question like, 'What do you say to people that say you want to go to the NBA to buy cars, houses and airplanes?' I said, 'Well, real estate's a good investment, cars you've got to get from A to B, but airplanes, I'm good with taking Southwest. I don't want no airplanes.' That was the weirdest question I got.

-Q: How did you develop into a "connect the dots" guy? Was that Pitino or did that develop over time?

-WILLIAMS: Over time. That's how I played ever since I was younger. Because when I was younger, you know, when you're a kid, everybody wanted to score 12 points so they can go home and tell your mom, 'I scored 12 points today!'

There weren't enough balls for the type of team that I played on. So I had to be a person that, I didn't want to shoot the ball all the time. I had to be the person to get those guys the ball or get a rebound, you know, do the little things.

-Q: How do you compare yourself to, say, Budinger and Daye today, and maybe Tyreke Evans? Are you in that group?

-WILLIAMS: Do I see myself in that group? I don't know. You guys do the writing, so I'll let you guys sort out who's where in what group. Me I just play basketball and come out and play as hard as I can play.

I don't see myself in any group. I see myself as a unique individual that plays basketball.

(At the end of the session, Williams laughed and said he might have had another answer for this question if he wasn't in a group setting, presumably with the other players milling around.)

-Q: Do you see yourself as a definite top 10 pick?

-WILLIAMS: I see myself as a definite NBA player.

-Q: Some mock drafts have you in the 20s, some have you in the teens… is that nerve-wracking?

-WILLIAMS: Naw. If I'm studying for a test and have to take a test, that's nerve-wracking. Playing basketball and getting drafted, this is supposed to be fun. I see one website where I could go 13. I see another website I could go 25. Another one 19. That doesn't matter to me.

Playing in the NBA is a dream. So if I get drafted 30, I'm playing in the NBA.

-Q: Aaron Goodwin's your agent?

-WILLIAMS: Yes.

---a brief snippet of CHASE BUDINGER/

-Q: What do you try to do in a workout like this?

-BUDINGER: It was mostly 3 on 3. Just show your game. The coaches, they've done the research on you. They kind of know what type of ballplayer you are. They just want to see you in person. Biggest thing you can do is just compete out here, play hard and just show 'em what you have.

-Q: Did you think you did all right?

-BUDINGER: I think I did all right. Thought I could've been more aggressive out there. Shoot a little more. But I thought it was all right.

-Q: I've heard your stock might be going up, you hear all kinds of things. Do you follow all that?

-BUDINGER: You're the first one I've heard that from, so… glad to hear that. I don't really focus on that kind of stuff. I just go into each workout, try and play hard, play my game. I'm thankful I'm in this situation and knowing I'm going to be in the NBA next year.

-Q: Would you like to end up here?

-BUDINGER: This is a great place. The Warriors… I actually went to game last year. The atmosphere in that arena is incredible. The fans are loyal. A very up-tempo style. I feel I'd fit in pretty well. Don Nelson's a great coach. Just a great place, great city, great fans, a great team.

[h1]Warriors Team Report[/h1]
Yahoo! Sports 13 hours, 24 minutes ago

[h3]Getting Inside[/h3]
Larry Riley is in and Chris Mullin is out. But to say Riley is replacing Mullin in the Warriors' front office isn't totally accurate.

Golden State president Bob Rowell announced May 12 the organization would not be giving Mullin an extension as the club's executive vice president of basketball operations, allowing him to walk as a front-office "free agent" even before his contract was to expire July 1.

At the same time, Riley was named the team's new general manager, a title that's technically one rung on the ladder below Mullin's old executive VP position.

Yes, Riley was put in a position of being the chief decision-maker on the basketball side of the operation, but the ultimate title of executive VP remains open.

The 64-year-old Riley's first order of business was to convince everyone he in fact would be making decisions, rather than serving as a "yes man" for Rowell and powerful coach Don Nelson.

"I know a lot of you," he addressed to the media, "are probably sitting there going, 'Well, geez, this is just Don Nelson's buddy. This is the guy who's put in a position to be Nellie's puppet.' Let's not fool anybody about that nonsense.

"Now, does Nellie dictate my life? No. Is he a good friend? Yes. Do I listen to him? Yes. If I have to make a counter-decision, I'll make it."

It was interesting to note Riley used the term "counter-decision," inferring someone else had already made an initial decision. The media left unconvinced.

Rowell said Mullin was let go because the team had made the playoffs just once in his five years running the basketball operation, and that wasn't acceptable.

"Our fans deserve better than that," boasted owner Chris Cohan's right-hand man, who won a power struggle over Mullin on two key issues last offseason: the club choosing not to re-sign Baron Davis(notes) and the 30-game suspension slapped onto Monta Ellis(notes) in the wake of his scooter accident.

Riley, who was a key decision-maker in the Vancouver Grizzlies' organization from 1994 to 2000, recognizes the bar is set high for his new assignment.

"We will have failed if we don't get to the playoffs before I'm done," he assured. "And if we don't get to the playoffs soon, I won't be here that long."

According to a report in the Bay Area News Group, Riley was given a three-year contract and will be the lowest-paid GM in the league.

Season Highlight: For a 29-win team, the Warriors sure recorded their fair share of marquee wins, thumping the playoff-bound Trail Blazers, Hornets and Jazz twice apiece. But the single-biggest win had to be their 99-89 home shocker over the defending champion Celtics, who came to Oakland having won 19 of their previous 20 games and with all their big guns firing. Meanwhile, the Warriors were without Monta Ellis, Jamal Crawford(notes) and Corey Maggette(notes), yet still pulled it off as Marco Belinelli(notes) and Ronny Turiaf(notes) introduced themselves to the Oakland fans and joined with Stephen Jackson(notes) to surprise the Celtics.

Turning Point: Some would say the turning point in the season occurred the day Monta Ellis crashed his motorized scooter in August, but in reality, the Warriors already had suffered an even bigger setback. When Warriors management elected not to meet Baron Davis' demands on a contract extension, the team's standout opted out of the final year of his deal and signed with the Clippers. The Warriors dropped out of playoff contention that day, then fell completely off the map when Ellis had to undergo surgery and miss the first half of the season.
[h3]Notes, Quotes[/h3]
Larry Riley's first order of business as the Warriors' new general manager was to prepare for the June 25 draft. The Warriors finished last season with the seventh-worst record in the NBA, and earned the No. 7 pick in the lottery.

Riley had some success running the draft for the Vancouver Grizzlies from 1994-2000, a stretch during which the club used high picks on Steve Francis(notes), Mike Bibby(notes) and Shareef Abdur-Rahim(notes).

The Warriors entered the offseason with no significant free agents and little money to spend, so it's easy to identify their areas of need: (1) Star talent; (2) low-post offensive force; (3) pass-first point guard.

They'd love to find that star or top-flight big man at No. 7 in the draft, but more likely, they'll look to almost literally a dozen seemingly qualified point guards, a list headed by Spanish star Ricky Rubio, who is expected to be taken in the first three. Brandon Jennings, a 2008 high school standout who played professionally in Italy last season, is among the players with lead-guard potential likely to be available at No. 7, along with Memphis' Tyreke Evans, UCLA's Jrue Holiday, USC's DeMar DeRozan, Davidson's Stephen Curry, North Carolina's Ty Lawson, Syracuse's Jonny Flynn and Australian standout Patty Mills, who played his college ball about 20 miles east of Oakland at St. Mary's.

Other than ending a 12-year drought by making the playoffs in 2006-07, the Chris Mullin era as Warriors vice president of basketball operations will be known for its ups and downs. He stole Baron Davis in a trade with the Hornets, then lost him to free agency. He signed Jason Richardson(notes), Derek Fisher(notes), Adonal Foyle(notes), Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy(notes) to huge contracts, then got rid of them all, acquiring just one high-quality player (Stephen Jackson) in the process. He also found Andris Biedrins(notes) low in the lottery and Monta Ellis in the second round, but he exhausted high picks on Patrick O'Bryant(notes) and Ike Diogu(notes).

Don Nelson, who needs 24 wins next season to pass Lenny Wilkens atop the list of career coaching wins in the NBA, turned 69 on May 15.

The Warriors were scheduled to host a pre-draft workout "camp" for 24 draft-eligible players on June 1-2. As many as 25 NBA teams were expected to attend.

Quote To Note: "Ideally, you're looking for a player at (No.) 7 with four years of college experience to put onto our roster."-GM Larry Riley.
[h3]Roster Report[/h3]
Most Valuable Player: Stephen Jackson. The Warriors thought so highly of Jackson's season, they signed him to a three-year, $28 million extension even though his contract wasn't due to expire until the end of next season. Shuffling between three different positions but often initiating the offense no matter where he was slotted, Jackson led the Warriors in scoring (20.7) and assists (6.5) while also finding time to be the club's fourth-leading rebounder (5.1) and best individual defender.

Most Disappointing Player: Monta Ellis. Shortly after losing Baron Davis to free agency, the Warriors rolled the dice a bit by giving Ellis a six-year, $66 million deal and anointing him the point guard of the future. The 23-year-old promptly went out and crashed his motorized scooter, resulting in ankle surgery, and basically took the Warriors out of the playoff picture even before the season started. He eventually played 25 games, during which he demonstrated he's best suited to be a shooting guard, leaving the Warriors once again without a point guard headed into the summer.

Free Agent Focus: The Warriors have their top 10 players all under contract for next season, although Jamal Crawford can opt out of the final two years of his deal. That would mean throwing away a guaranteed $20 million, however, so chances are he'll be back.

Player News:

G Jamal Crawford holds the key to the Warriors' flexibility this offseason. He has an opt-out clause in his contract that must be exercised by July 1 if he's interested in becoming an unrestricted free agent. Doing so would throw away a guaranteed $20 million, and at the same time give the Warriors about $10 million with which to work under the luxury tax this summer. That would, if nothing else, allow them to give a free agent the full mid-level exception (about $5 million) to start a long-term contract.

G Monta Ellis no doubt will be a front-row observer-as he was at the recent Andre Ward-Edison Miranda fight-when the Warriors make their first-round pick June 25. If, as many expect, the team uses the No. 7 pick on a ball-distributing point guard, Ellis likely will return to the shooting guard spot at which he began his pro career. If the Warriors, say, draft USC standout combo guard DeMar DeRozan, expect rumors of an Ellis trade to start flowing. The 23-year-old failed his trial as the team's point guard after missing more than half the 2008-09 season while rehabbing from ankle surgery.

C Andris Biedrins is reportedly a name often mentioned when teams make trade inquiries to the Warriors. His name has surfaced as a key element in a possible Chris Bosh(notes) deal with the Raptors. Biedrins, 23, recorded career bests in points (11.9), rebounds (11.2) and blocked shots (1.6) last season, while also finishing third in the league in field-goal percentage (57.
glasses.gif

Medical Watch:

G Monta Ellis (ankle) missed the first 43 games of the season following surgery in August on his left ankle, which was injured in a motorized-scooter accident. He returned to play 25 games, then suffered inflammation in a bone bruise in the same ankle, unrelated to the surgery. He is expected to be at full speed for the start of training camp.

G Jamal Crawford (back) was held out of games late in the season for a variety of reasons, including some with no injury at all. He missed 10 of the final 16 contests, the last four because of lower-back pain. He could have played at least the final two games had they been meaningful.

G Marco Belinelli (ankle) sat out the final 13 games of the season because of a sprained ankle. He tried to convince team management that he could play in the final handful of games, but a decision was made to err on the side of being conservative.

F Corey Maggette (head) suffered a concussion March 24 and then experienced post-concussion syndrome following another blow to the head on April 1, after which he sat out the final six games. He is expected to make a full recovery.

G Stephen Jackson (toe) had surgery to remove bone fragments in his left foot March 31. He will have to take it easy most of the off-season, but he should be ready for the start of training camp.

F Brandan Wright(notes) (shoulder) partially dislocated his left shoulder in January, missing 27 games, then reinjured the shoulder March 24 and sat out the remainder of the season. He is expected to make a full recovery this off-season.

C Jermareo Davidson(notes) (foot) had surgery to repair a stress fracture in his left foot in March. He should be healthy for the start of training camp.

Quote To Note: "Ideally, you're looking for a player at (No.) 7 with four years of college experience to put onto our roster."-GM Larry Riley.

if Riley pulls an Al DAvis and draft Terrance Williams at 7 i will die. Another selfish shooting guard is something we do not need right now. There are toomany guards in this draft that we NEED before him

Originally Posted by CJ003

if Riley pulls an Al DAvis and draft Terrance Williams at 7 i will die. Another selfish shooting guard is something we do not need right now. There are too many guards in this draft that we NEED before him
12-9-5 hardly sounds like a selfish player
laugh.gif
. Just curious, did you watch a lot of Louisville games this season or are you just makingassumptions?

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by CJ003

if Riley pulls an Al DAvis and draft Terrance Williams at 7 i will die. Another selfish shooting guard is something we do not need right now. There are too
many guards in this draft that we NEED before him
12-9-5 hardly sounds like a selfish player
laugh.gif
. Just curious, did you watch a lot of Louisville games this season or are you just making assumptions?

didnt see too many. i think selfish was the wrong word. I read an article a while ago in the pre-draft thread talking about how he had attitude and characterissues. I think he is a good player and all, but he seems like a shorter jax. He seems like a reach at 7, and not a good fit w/ jax. We should go in anotherdirection.

I dunno, i think T-Will could work out. 7 is definitely high, but i think he can turn into a solid player. I don't get this selfish rap. I saw a ton ofLouisville this year and this guy did a very good job playing the point forward, and his shot started coming around by the end of the year. I'll be alittle mad if they just draft at him 7 and don't trade down to get him, but i definitely like the idea of having him on the team.

Back
Top Bottom