Delete

Yup just like last yr in the SB, locked in on Crab. On this play he already knew who he was going to throw to before the snap.
He said that during the postgame too. Crab all the way...

Anyways, I have Bowman and Iupati both come back 100%. Bowman's injury looked like more than just an ACL tear...

Good observation. Totally right. Comes off corny, but because we have so many good guys already, I can deal with a forced-fed bad guy.

Still bother by Kaep's decision making, once he can't find his first option based on the play, he's a deer in the headlights, he panics, scrambles or throws up a haymaker :smh:

He's lacking that killer instinct too, only time can mold him.

Still bother by Kaep's decision making, once he can't find his first option based on the play, he's a deer in the headlights, he panics, scrambles or throws up a haymaker :smh:

im willing to give kaep his time to develop. the dude played with a lot of poise for three quarters, gained a lot of yards on the ground, and made plays happen on a couple of third and fourth downs

i do agree that his decision making on a few passes are definitely questionable, if not downright poor, especially the pick to maxwell, but like you said, time can mold him.

for the bad throws he made today, i think of the pass he had to boldin in the endzone and the dart he threw to vd in the green bay game...once he learns how to consistently throw an over the shoulder fade with some touch, the kid is gonna be tough to defend.

i hope im not just a homer, and that kaep actually develops into a more accurate qb

it is definitely a tough pill to swallow, but a lot of great qbs took a handful of seasons before they hoisted that lombardi. like terrell suggs said of kaep last year, he's gonna see the superbowl again

There's no question Kap is the guy moving forward. Three turnovers in the 4th quarter seems a bit unacceptable but the Int to kam chancellor was the only play I deemed bad decision. Sherman made a great play.

4 game winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime this season (his first full season as a starter). I'd say his killer instinct is just fine.

I know it hurts guys, but lets try to save the massive overreactions.

Thank you Dland seen niner fans on message boards going as far saying Brock needs to go as well as Rogers whitner and Kap can't get it done we need to draft a QB talk. Please stop with the overreacting. Carlos Rogers prolly
be a cap casualty other than that its my opinion we should retain everybody else we can. Draft CB or one of these talented WR In the 1st resign boldin to two year deal. Not a religious guy but I prayed for Bowman last night.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say he is lacking a killer instinct, but he does make some of the dumbest throws I've ever seen. They say it about a lot of QB's, but to me at least, it seems like he can't see the entire field. You can't have 3 TO's and expect to beat a team like Seattle on the road. Wilson may not be as explosive or have the arm, but he didn't turn the ball over.
All this being said, the Bowman injury hurts almost as bad. Best player in my eyes.. hopefully he doesn't miss the entire season.

Last edited:
He has had some questionable throws. But honestly Crabtree can't wait on that throw he's gotta try to high point it like great receivers do. Place the blame 50/50 on that throw.

He has had some questionable throws. But honestly Crabtree can't wait on that throw he's gotta try to high point it like great receivers do. Place the blame 50/50 on that throw.
I gotta blame Kaep on this one, he under threw it into double coverage, there is not much Crabtree could do, epecially when Whoopi Goldberg got a hand on it... in front of him.

I'm hurting, 2 INT in the 4th quarter in conference champ game?! No, I just can't accept that. Wilson played it safe, for most of the entire game. Sure it wasn't flashy, sure it didn't move the chains rapidly, but for Kaep, I rather play safe than sorry.

We had 3 TO's, and there was till plenty of time. A bullet into double coverage was just not the smart play IMO. I'm sure Kaep knows this too. It will be a long offseason :wow:

Last edited:
This loss just hurts even more knowing how we didn't come close to playing our best and Kap still almost led us to game winning TD.

Give all props to Seattle for the win but this hurts as it shows they're not that much better than us; they had their beloved 12th man and Kap and company was still able to almost pull off the comeback.

Not sure what would have been worse: the way this game ended for Niners or if they had gotten closer to goal line and failed to punch it in like the SB vs Ravens or countless other deep red zone drives we've seen them whiff on this year. But the Boobie Dixon goal line TD yesterday would lead you to believe they could have done it again at the end.

Sigh....

This really looked like a team on a mission that had to take the hardest route to get to the SB and were about to pull off the upset.

@jecca650 it's probably too early to ask you this but have you talked to JT about the likelihood of us resigning Whitner or not? Secondary needs to tweaked as lot of us have been saying. Drop Rogers and draft/sign another CB. Just wondering if we need to be looking for a new SS too.

Last edited:

idk about the whole crab cant wait on that throw part...

assuming you play some football and not taking any shots, but when you play receiver and you're running down the field, it's pretty hard to stop on a dime and go backwards for a ball. Unless it's a planned back shoulder throw-- and in this case, it wasn't. it was suppose to be a 'fade' that kap didn't put on the outside shoulder of crabtree. (you can see crab starting to make a break for the ball when he located it, but too late)

watching it again and again, i do believe crab had sherm beat on the outside, but the placement of the ball gave sherm a chance to make a play on it. ....and that he did, a hell of a play at that.

I admit it earlier in the season i was starting to doubr kap as an elite but after this years playoff run i wouldnt want any other qb but kap. The only bad throw he made was to boldin on that int.

I believe this team has to resign whitner he is a football player no doubting that and he brings the punch. Boldin is a must also. Also if dorsey is a fa we must resign him. Next year this team will be better. Hoping for a speedy recovery from bowman and iupati.

A day after and words cant define how much i love this team.

Fellas...........It was just a good play by Sherman. IDK why they would go that way against him, like everybody else said. Why not Davis or Boldin?

We still have a solid team............we do NEED boldin back tho. We stole him from the Ravens.........Hopefully he`ll want to retire a Niner.

Last edited:
Fellas...........It was just a good play by Sherman. IDK why they would go that way against him, like everybody else said. Why now Davis or Boldin?

Now...........was we resigning boldin? i think we HAVE to do that to keep it up.

gotta resign boldin..the man made A LOT of difficult catches this year in traffic, took big hits, and made some poorly thrown passes look like routine plays, not to mention his ability to play against physical dbs. we gotta keep him if we're gonna be able to play with secondaries like seattle and arizona

idk about the whole crab cant wait on that throw part...

assuming you play some football and not taking any shots, but when you play receiver and you're running down the field, it's pretty hard to stop on a dime and go backwards for a ball. Unless it's a planned back shoulder throw-- and in this case, it wasn't. it was suppose to be a 'fade' that kap didn't put on the outside shoulder of crabtree. (you can see crab starting to make a break for the ball when he located it, but too late)

watching it again and again, i do believe crab had sherm beat on the outside, but the placement of the ball gave sherm a chance to make a play on it. ....and that he did, a hell of a play at that.
Ill take a look at it again later only seen it once so blown . My initial reaction was he should have high pointed but ill look at it again. I played collegiate football and know alot about the game so wasn't taking it as a slight shot. Great season still salty

Back
Top Bottom