Delete

mann... that last play bugs me so much.

how kap made the decision to throw it to crabtree PRESNAP is :stoneface:
This isnt just directed at you, but in general.....

Do you agree that if the ball was thrown 12 inches further, it would have been a game winning touchdown?  Because I do.

it could have been, yes. Just like the boldin td, that couldve easily been an INT instead.

i just don't agree how kap is deciding to throw the ball before even looking at what the defense gives you. Dont have a problem with them taking that shot downfield...but why make that decision presnap and why make it against sherm when you avoided him all game

Last edited:
We were driving down the field very nicely, I think we had 2 timeouts left too. I dont know if I necessarily agree with trying to go for a 30 yard TD to Crabtree with Sherman right there on him. But like someone else said, had that ball been thrown a little further or even a little bit higher then it would be have been a catchable ball.

To be honest the ball was still catchable, Sherm made an outstanding play and barely got a hand on it. But as I said I dont really agree with trying to go at Sherman, especially 30 yards out when we have 2 timeouts and were gaining around 10 yards each play on that drive.

Obviously nothing can be done or changed now but I can only imagine how much it is eating away at Kaep right now. I think it'll make him a better and even hungrier player, but damn we were in a VERY good position to win that game.

Yeah, I totally understand everyone's frustrations.  But we are all sort of guessing as to what really happened.  We dont know if that was the designed primary receiver. We dont know if Kap was instructed to take a shot into the endzone at that point.  All we really know is Kap tested their best cornerback without going through any progressions.  Just too bad because even in spite of all this, a slightly better throw could have been a game winner.  Oh well.

the drive was the epitome of live by kaep, die by kaep

dude was making plays that drive. escaping pressure on 4th and 2 to find boldin and that sideline throw to crabtree (had some great touch on that pass). the final throw was questionable but like many have already said, sherman made a great play on that ball and the LB happened to be ay the right place at the right time.

I have no problem with kaep going for the homerun with 30 seconds left and two timeouts. we gain another 10 yards, call time out, gain another ten yards, call our final timeout and we're left with one final play from 8-10 yards out? he tested their best db and came up short (literally and metaphorically).

how kap made the decision to throw it to crabtree PRESNAP is
indifferent.gif

really hope he uses the offseason to work on that aspect of the game.
PRESNAP thats really the key point and most mind boggling!!!.....as soon as the ball was snapped he was going to Crab thats crazy!!!!!..didnt see the whole field or rest of the players location and im no NFL player or coach but im sure a better option was there and available....not to mentioned they rushed that play and end of the drive especially with the time outs left!!!

Do you agree that if the ball was thrown 12 inches further, it would have been a game winning touchdown?  Because I do.
Thats possibly a very true statement!!...do not disagree with u but at the same time something else might have been available without having to throw that PERFECT pass

the drive was the epitome of live by kaep, die by kaep

dude was making plays that drive. escaping pressure on 4th and 2 to find boldin and that sideline throw to crabtree (had some great touch on that pass). the final throw was questionable but like many have already said, sherman made a great play on that ball and the LB happened to be ay the right place at the right time.

I have no problem with kaep going for the homerun with 30 seconds left and two timeouts. we gain another 10 yards, call time out, gain another ten yards, call our final timeout and we're left with one final play from 8-10 yards out? he tested their best db and came up short (literally and metaphorically).
and there lies my problem, it was NOT the right play IMO. Plenty of time and timeouts left. It would have been worth it if we had 10 secs left and no TO's. We had 30+ secs and 3 TO's. Bad choice no matter how anybody sees fit. Even if we did score, we're giving the Hawks the ball with time on the clock, they only need to get in FG range... anything is possible.

Oh well.

Last edited:
Hate to live in the past, but I can't be the only one who noticed the questionable spots Lynch got right? There were at least 3 times when Lynch was well short of the first down, yet they were still given it.

And needed to change the avy for the warrior Bowman. Dude snatched ball out of guys hands, tore his knee up, held onto the ball even with like 5 guys jumping on top of him.

Last edited:
True to each how of Harbaugh's first 3 seasons with the Niners have ended, we're all sitting here questioning the what if's and why's.

Just shows how agonizingly close we've been in coming up short each season. Hopefully these heartbreaks are what galvanizes the team and keeps them hungry and focused to get the job done next year. Too many times we've seen other teams we figure will continue to stay in the hunt just unravel because it's so hard to stay this good while coming up short repeatedly.

This team really impressed me this year coming off the SB loss; showing little to no SB hangover that's typical of a SB loser.

So much room for improvement and yet lot of people including us that know how talented this team is and had potential to win it all in spite of all our issues.

Idk about you guys but each year of Harbaugh so far, it's been hard for me to accept the fact when we're losing our last game of the season until it's actually officially final. Just because our team is that damn good and we have faith in Harbaugh.

The odds are definitely going be stacked even more against us next year with upstart Cardinals and Rams figuring to improve and be even more tougher. If we can remain hungry, focused and keep the injuries to a minimum, we obviously have a good chance to run the table. Just getting back to the SB is a lot easier said than done.

These last 2 seasons, I've just wanted to fast forward to the playoffs and get to the real thing but that's what will kill a team like the 49ers; knowing they're good enough to win it all but just impatient to put in all the work during the regular season again after coming so close the year before. This team definitely avoided that common pitfall this season. Just hope we keep our resolve and get back to doing work next season.

It just sucks now that it will be easy for the critics to label this core of 49ers as a team that struggles in big games and aren't a "clutch" team.

Last edited:
Hate to live in the past, but I can't be the only one who noticed the questionable spots Lynch got right? There were at least 3 times when Lynch was well short of the first down, yet they were still given it.

And needed to change the avy for the warrior Bowman. Dude snatched ball out of guys hands, tore his knee up, held onto the ball even with like 5 guys jumping on top of him.
You're not the only one. I thought they gave Lynch favorable spots about 3-4 different times.

how kap made the decision to throw it to crabtree PRESNAP is :stoneface:

I agree, had he hit the back shoulder, it wouldve been a wrap. What pisses me off about that play is Crabs had Sherman beat on the route and the pass wasnt on target allowing Sherman to tap it.

You're not the only one. I thought they gave Lynch favorable spots about 3-4 different times.

I mean I dont know if they really changed the game but I just rewatched it and I said the same thing to myself. There were 2 plays in particular I remember where they gave him a 1st down yet he looked to be a yard or 2 short. Hard to say if it changed the game but prolonging drives is never a good thing.

I mean I dont know if they really changed the game but I just rewatched it and I said the same thing to myself. There were 2 plays in particular I remember where they gave him a 1st down yet he looked to be a yard or 2 short. Hard to say if it changed the game but prolonging drives is never a good thing.

I counted 2 as well when I rewatched the game. Seattle had a huge homefield advantage with the crowd noise already, didnt realize the refs were gonna ride too. Not only those favorable first downs but the botched calls that ALL favored Seattle. I'm not one to blame the zebras, but some of their "missed" calls were too blatant. Prayers go out to Navarro and his family though. Iupati too.

Last edited:
IMO this loss is easier to bear than the Superbowl loss. I went through the whole "should've could've would've" phase of experiencing a loss and im already at acceptance.

Hope Kap works on developing his pocket passing skills this offseason rather than working on commercials/advertisements.

Last edited:
For Gore, Quan, Dawson, and Cowboy it is. Every other core player we have is on the right side of 30. I didn't mention Rogers, I expect us to cut him.

IMO this loss is easier to bear than the Superbowl loss. I went through the whole "should've could've would've" phase of experiencing a loss and im already at acceptance.

Hope Kap works on developing his pocket passing skills this offseason rather than working on commercials/advertisements.

The commercials/advertisements have nothing to do with it.

He's only started what, around 20 games? The sophomore slump is definitely real in my opinion and he got better and better as the weeks went on. In his past 9 games he went 8-1 (including an 8 game win streak, should have been 9 games and the NFC West title/a bye week had that Brooks "penalty" not been called) and that's pretty damn good.

Obviously he has plenty of things to work on but from what I have read and heard (from some acquaintances who work for MusclePharm which Kap is sponsored by) and this guy takes his craft, fitness and work ethic VERY seriously. I absolutely love that our QB is like this, he has a big time chip on his shoulder (im sure even moreso now after yesterday) and thats what you want out of any player.

What I hope to see him work on is going through his progressions a little better, he still can have a receiver in mind that he is planning on going to but just dont lock onto him and look at him the whole time. Also theres no doubt he has a cannon but if he can get a little better at putting some touch on some passes then he will be damn near indefensible.

Here are our Free Agents this offseason:

WR Anquan Boldin
CB Tarell Brown
CB Perrish Cox
K Phil Dawson
RB Anthony Dixon
C Jonathan Goodwin
WR Mario Manningham
QB Colt McCoy
WR Kassim Osgood
S Donte Whitner
CB Eric Wright

In my opinion I hope we keep Anquan, Brown, Dawson, Osgood, Whitner and I want to say Dixon because he's so versatile. I love Goodwin too but we need $ for Kap (his rookie contract is up next year right?) and Iupati after next season.

I really hope we can keep our key/core guys but I have a feeling our team is going to look a lot different in the next year or two. Also, I think I'm in the minority here but I like 'Los but I HATE that contract he has.

WR Anquan Boldin
CB Tarrell Brown
K Phil Dawson
C Jonathan Goodwin
WR Kassim Osgood
S Donte Whitner

i hope we resign the players above.

I think Anquan knows his best chance of winning another superbowl is with the 49ers unless say the broncos, seahawks, or pats throw a lot of money his way, which i doubt any of those teams would do. But who knows what he's like about his money..I wouldn't be mad at him for leaving for more

If we keep T.Brown, I don't mind seeing us part ways with Wright, especially with Cully coming back next year. I know people are pissed at Whitner for his coverage and his personal fouls, but who knows what kind of affect he has on the game by him just being in that secondary. I'm assuming that a lot of WRs dont go over the middle because they know he's there. We're going to surely miss him if we don't resign him. Baalke hit the jackpot with Reid, not sure if I'm willing to test our luck two years in a row in the draft for a safety. Not to mention, Whitner is the glue/captain of a secondary that is young (with the exception of Los), they need that leadership.

i like boobie, but what happens if/when Marcus Lattimore gets thrown into a crowded backfield? he's great on special teams, but can we afford to pay him a lot if he's only on special teams? or maybe we'll see an unprecedented, never seen before 4-rb pistol formation. time for Roman to get to work

lord, i know it's the talk of the town after yesterday's game, but if kaep learns that back shoulder fade and hits it consistently

that contract....

View media item 757331

--edit--
i hope Kaep pulls a half-Flacco. wins the superbowl in his contract year but doesn't sputter into futility the next season

Last edited:
Here are our Free Agents this offseason:

WR Anquan Boldin
CB Tarell Brown
CB Perrish Cox
K Phil Dawson
RB Anthony Dixon
C Jonathan Goodwin
WR Mario Manningham
QB Colt McCoy
WR Kassim Osgood
S Donte Whitner
CB Eric Wright

In my opinion I hope we keep Anquan, Brown, Dawson, Osgood, Whitner and I want to say Dixon because he's so versatile. I love Goodwin too but we need $ for Kap (his rookie contract is up next year right?) and Iupati after next season.

I really hope we can keep our key/core guys but I have a feeling our team is going to look a lot different in the next year or two. Also, I think I'm in the minority here but I like 'Los but I HATE that contract he has.

Holy hell that's a lot of pieces.

Hope the front office is working on the contracts right now.

Bowman will have surgery to repair the ACL, but the MCL is expected to heal on its own, the source said, adding that Bowman is expected to be ready for the start of the 2014 season.
sounds right, referencing wes welker in 2009 

Hope he makes an AP-type recovery.

Last edited:
can someone tell me what the seahawks are doing to VD in coverage that other defenses aren't? why does he all but disappear in these games?

Back
Top Bottom