Delete

The last CB I want is Nnamdi.

The common misconception is Eagles "misused" Nnamdi. His first season with the eagles, they were playing a zone, and he was terrible to say the least. Last season, they let him play bump and run (which is what he was doing in Oakland) and he was even worse. He got burned so many times it was embarassing. He can no longer cover, commits dumb penalties, and is a horrible tackler. Hes already 31 having played 9 years in the league. We already have Rogers, not sure I can handle dealing with Nnamdi.

In the business world we call Nnamdi and especially Revis DAMAGED goods.  Personally, I don't want or want the front office to pursue either of them.  I would rather us take our chances on a young CB that's stud in the draft, work with him in the long run and go with that. 

If we get Revis he's either going to hold out on us or get injuried, one or the other if not BOTH.  Nnamdi has shown that he can no longer play 1 on 1, play zone, or tackle his last 2 years with the Eagles. 

Since the Falcons released Abraham, how about picking him up? Would add some depth to the defensive line.

Since the Falcons released Abraham, how about picking him up? Would add some depth to the defensive line.

The good thing about where the Niners are and how we are set up for the future, I could totally see veteran, yet still productive, players wanting to to take a platoon type role for a lesser contract to attempt to chase a ring. I would totally be open to it assuming he doesnt want a huge contract.

Lots of scenario being talked about in here.

I think its important that we upgrade both Dline and CB both are equally important if Goldson walks.
As far as the 15 picks hopefully can trade a few for defense or use some of them to move up. Realistically I think drafting anymore than 5 or 6 of the 15 would be OD.

As far as the secondary what makes you think they would fully commit to sign Revis (who realistically would want 14-16 a year) when we have a proven defensive stud in Goldson who they have yet to sign.

Do I think Revis will come back 100% after the ACL injury... who knows but I think we can all agree that Baalke and company are always looking toward the future so a 1 year rental is unlikely.

Are there any other CB's we can trade for? (Nnamdi better days are behind him)

I wouldn't mind.  I believe he had a good workout so he appears to still be in good football shape.  Either him or that CB from Alabama but we would obviously have to trade up to get him. 
We can afford to take some risks with all the picks we have. But we definitely need to address our D-line and secondary. 

Abraham is one of those guys that will have a big game, then disappear for a few games ala Julian Peterson

The Falcons, who generates absolutely no pass rush released guy in hopes of signing a seasoned Dwight Freeney. That says his best days are behind him.

They should use them, but only as alternates. We should of never changed uniforms in the first place. :smh: All the classic unis are the best unis ie Packers, Steelers, Raiders, Colts, Bears, etc.

Last edited:
Would have been nice to see Moss get a ring with us this past year but im happy he isnt coming back. Id rather have a young guy in there.

When Manningham and Williams went down and saw little to no production from Moss I knew then he wasn't a decoy, he just didn't have much to offer. I wish him well in the future but I honestly don't see him being better utilized anywhere else.

The white pants on the 94 uniforms are :x and not in a good way

what ? you cray. they were dope. they went well with both the white jersey and the red.

i would like to see what a reverse color helmet would look like

Last edited:
In the business world we call Nnamdi and especially Revis DAMAGED goods.  Personally, I don't want or want the front office to pursue either of them.  I would rather us take our chances on a young CB that's stud in the draft, work with him in the long run and go with that. 

If we get Revis he's either going to hold out on us or get injuried, one or the other if not BOTH.  Nnamdi has shown that he can no longer play 1 on 1, play zone, or tackle his last 2 years with the Eagles. 
nnamdi only has value against for specific WRs.. big and physical, that's it

he doesnt have the speed to cover anyone deep.. and he isnt quick enough for smaller slot or quicker guys

IF i were the 49ers, i would target very specific guys and go after them.. if milliner or sharrif drop past 5, i would look at trading up.. or look at richardson or vaccaro in the teens

hell, with the 15 picks you guys have.. you could probably easily make each of those moves

Last edited:
Aldon Smith was on First Take today.  I'm not even going to post the video, it was that bad to watch to me for various reasons.

bowe re-upped with KC. 

the search continues even though i don't think SF had much interest in bowe. 

Having Manningham and Williams back next year healthy will be vital for us.

Damn, Dashon...............................Just pay the man!

Goldson is gone. Can't have half your defense making top dollar at their position. Plus, as much as I like Goldson he isn't a true free safety. Him and Whitner are like having 2 strong safeties. A lot of times he takes horrible angles and really bad first steps in coverage. I wanted Earl Thomas in 2010 :smh:.

We need to draft wisely because Whitner is really bad in coverage. I hear that the Niners really like CJ Spillman as well but prefer him at strong. With all that said Goldson deserves to get paid. The way he throws around his body recklessly with no regard he won't have a long career.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom