Delete

We've gotten to the NFCC and Super Bowl the past two years. I dont see the need in a change, if possible we need to pay Goldson. Yeah he'd probably have to take less $ (and thats on him) but damn man, I'd hate to see such a good defense who has been through so many battles (even before the success the past two years) be torn apart. Dashon is a HUGE reason why we have been so successful.

Lockdown DB's and Safeties are RARE, you can't just replace a guy like Goldson through the draft or even free agency. This is one of the top safeties in the entire NFL. The camaraderie our defense has together isn't something that can be easily replaced either.

In Harbaugh I trust though, I guess.

We've gotten to the NFCC and Super Bowl the past two years. I dont see the need in a change, if possible we need to pay Goldson. Yeah he'd probably have to take less $ (and thats on him) but damn man, I'd hate to see such a good defense who has been through so many battles (even before the success the past two years) be torn apart. Dashon is a HUGE reason why we have been so successful.

Lockdown DB's and Safeties are RARE, you can't just replace a guy like Goldson through the draft or even free agency. This is one of the top safeties in the entire NFL. The camaraderie our defense has together isn't something that can be easily replaced either.

In Harbaugh I trust though, I guess.

You're trippin bruh. "Lockdown" safety? Goldson is far from it. Dude should be a strong safety not a free safety. He makes receivers crap their pants to cross the middle or leave themselves vulernable, but he is NOT a lockdown free safety. He makes bad reads and takes bad angles way too often. He's a solid tackler(which he used to be horrible at) and is great helping stuff the run, but see Ed Reed, Earl Thomas or Eric Weddle for a true free safety.

The bread and butter of our defense is our front 7. It all starts in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
I want him back but the price might be too high, I understand

Same thing might happen with Delanie

You're trippin bruh. "Lockdown" safety? Goldson is far from it. He makes receivers crap their pants to cross the middle or leave themselves vulernable, but he is NOT a lockdown free safety. He's a solid tackler(which he used to be horrible at) and is great helping stuff the rung, but see Ed Reed, Earl Thomas or Eric Weddle for a true free safety.

My bad i didnt clarify that. I was basically getting at that he's a great safety, and it's not easy to find defensive backs and safeties where it's not going to hurt us. They are 2 of the toughest positions to play in football. Especially since receivers are at such an advantage since they know where they are trying to go, DB's and safeties are at a disadvantage as soon as the ball is snapped.

Losing Goldson WILL hurt us.

Losing Goldson may or may not hurt us, but signing Goldson for what he wants will unquestionably handicap us in the future especially with players like Mike Iupati, Michael Crabtree, Aldon Smith, Bruce Miller and Colin Kaepernick all lined up next for contract extensions. I have faith that Harbaugh and Baalke will draft intelligently and/or spend money wisely via free agency.

Last edited:
What doesnt make sense is how Rogers is getting 7.5 million (3rd highest on our roster) and Whitner is getting 5 million in 2013 :x

What doesnt make sense is how Rogers is getting 7.5 million (3rd highest on our roster) and Whitner is getting 5 million in 2013 :x

And with that being said, I think that's the reason why San Fran is being cautious with the handling of Goldson. They've been burned one too many times (no pun intended) by guys in the secondary who have yet to live up to their contracts.

Akers released
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
YES!
tumblr_lz4t3pkM9p1qfhj4j.gif

Hopefully the 49ers can find a good replacement for Akers since kicking FGs have been a vital part of the 49ers offense for the past decade. I'd put finding a kicker over getting Revis or resigning Goldson. I don't want those recent years the 49ers had without Nedney or Akers.

Hopefully the 49ers can find a good replacement for Akers since kicking FGs have been a vital part of the 49ers offense for the past decade. I'd put finding a kicker over getting Revis or resigning Goldson. I don't want those recent years the 49ers had without Nedney or Akers.

Remember when we had Cortez :x :x :x

Dude was horrible!

Edit-- Here's a list of the upcoming Free Agent Kickers:

Jason Hanson
Rob Bironas
Lawrence Tynes
Mike Nugent
Steven Hauschka
Phil Dawson
Billy Cundiff
Olindo Mare
Nick Novak
Nick Folk
Nate Kaeding
Shayne Graham
Ryan Longwell
Neil Rackers
Josh Brown

Last edited:
SMH @ Cortez

Still see Cortez jerseys floating around SJ here and there. Take a guess whos wearing em...

Man screw a free agent kicker, grab a kicker in the draft, get him on a rookie contract and use that money elsewhere

PLAYER POS FA TYPE 2013 TEAM
T. Brock CB RFA
L. Davis G UFA
T. Ginn WR UFA
D. Goldson S UFA
T. Gooden LB UFA
L. Grant LB UFA
C. Haggans LB UFA
R. Jean Francois DT UFA
D. McBath S RFA
R. Moss WR UFA
I. Sopoaga DT UFA
D. Walker TE UFA

Who are we keeping?

Im sure Ginn, Moss and Haggans are goners...........but what about everybody else?

Back
Top Bottom