*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

ugh my RRDS nudies just got crotch-blown...anyone know how i could have prevented this?

Dont wear them Everyday.....
grin.gif

Or conversely don't buy nudies. The crotch blows out on those jeans like it is their job.

my jeans are starting to stink......what can i do......my cousins dog was licking my "joint" like it was nothing.....

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

my jeans are starting to stink......what can i do......my cousins dog was licking my "joint" like it was nothing.....

fill the tub with cold water.

put your jeans in them.

30 min.

or dry clean.

levis-m-501.khaki.jpg

forgive me, I am a noob....i have a pair of jeans like ^ and it's tight around the calves area. How do i stretch it and keep it stretched like that?

anyone know of quality jeans besides Levis? Pretty tired of getting Levis all the time. the most I can spend right now is probably like 50-60 on a pair. Anyideas or help?

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

fill the tub with cold water.

put your jeans in them.

30 min.

or dry clean.

so i just let em soak?
then what? i just hang them to dry? do i squeeze them so the water comes out?

what is the difference between soaking and actual washing?

The tub minimizes color loss because the threads aren't being agitated like they would be in a washer.

P.S. Woolite Dark.

Jean Shop denim on Gilt Groupe at noon on Wednesday, 11/11...up to 70% off

orig.jpg

if you're not familiar w/ Gilt Groupe it's a members only site that sells high end and designer brands

if you don't have a membership use this invitation:

link

here's a couple of items they'll have during the sale...

list.jpg
list.jpg

LEVIS EXPERTS:
How does the 501 compare to the 527 around the thigh area?

I've tried the 557s today (relaxed boot) and I found it to be way too baggy

I want some boot cuts that would be comparable to the 501s fit around the thigh area...is 527 the correct ones?

The 527 is the closest as far as strictly thigh opening is concerned (I believe the 557 is akin to the 559 in that department) but the difference is going tobe in the rise of the jean. Both the 557 and the 501 is what levis calls a "regular rise" which means it is intended to sit at the actual waist. The527 is a "low rise", so it is going to sit considerably lower on the hips. It all depends on it that matters to you, but the 527 is going to sitpretty low. I don't mess with bootcut jeans at all, but I know that the difference between my LVC 501s and the few pairs of 511s that I own is night andday. I don't sag my jeans at all really, but with the 511 I feel like my pants are falling down all day.

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

The 527 is the closest as far as strictly thigh opening is concerned (I believe the 557 is akin to the 559 in that department) but the difference is going to be in the rise of the jean. Both the 557 and the 501 is what levis calls a "regular rise" which means it is intended to sit at the actual waist. The 527 is a "low rise", so it is going to sit considerably lower on the hips. It all depends on it that matters to you, but the 527 is going to sit pretty low. I don't mess with bootcut jeans at all, but I know that the difference between my LVC 501s and the few pairs of 511s that I own is night and day. I don't sag my jeans at all really, but with the 511 I feel like my pants are falling down all day.
Thanks.

I actually tried on some 527s before and I thought the rise was around 9 inches for a 32 waist. I was surprised on how it's tighter than a RnR Henlee (RnRsare brutally known to have low rise, 9 inch rises from 31-33 waist).

I think I'm better off sizing up on the 527s and stick to my natural size on 501s.

Those are amazing. I am generally prone to buy LVCs as opposed to japanese 501 repros just out of a probably misguided brand loyalty, but the more pictures Isee of worn samurais the more I think that the heavy texas cotton denim they use is the TRUTH. This is a perfect example of why spending $300 on a good pair ofjeans > spending $100-200 on a pair of Nudies/APC. I challenge anyone to show me a pair of cheaper denim with similar wear that doesn't have horriblecrotch/back pocket blowout. It just doesn't happen.

There is still something about that red line selvage Cone denim that Levis traditionally used though. It is significantly thinner, but so nice and so slubby.Besides sugarcane, I've yet to see another company duplicate the look really.

Back
Top Bottom