Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

You answered yourself I take it? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

THEN WHATS THE POINT OF THE PRO OR SCORPIO IF THEY HAVE TO CATER TO THE LOWER SPECS? NO REASON TO BUY EITHER CONSOLE THEN :lol:

Bingo!

It's the same with this cellphone game... The difference between the iPhone 6 / 6S / 7 / 5SE?!?!?

You tell me, brother, you tell me...
Yea still working with this iphone 6 and aint upgrading anytime soon. Praying my ps4 dont die because it's been whistlin like crazy as of recent

- PS4 Pro will get 4K upgrade, but why not focus on 60fps instead?
- 60fps looks and feels better vs 30fps; motion interpolation video showing Destiny 2 running at 60fps
- References Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy quotes to IGN regarding PS4 Pro power
- Explanation hasn't gone over well, but PS4 Pro spec backs up the argument (2.3x GPU; CPU only 31% boost)
- Those hoping for 60fps on Scorpio are likely to be disappointed for the same reason

- Most basic technological building blocks of the new consoles are geared toward higher resolutions and more stable framerates (not a doubling)
- BF1 is doing a lot of what Bungie attempted to do, but targeting higher framerates
- Even with a game built from the ground up to run at higher framerates, BF1 isn't able to hit a steady 60fps on consoles
- Bungie's core design is based around a 30Hz engine

- PS4 Pro being able to brute force its way to 60fps just isn't something we've seen (only Surge runs at 30 on base hardware and 1080/60 on the Pro)
- Not really fair (in Rich's opinion) to have multiplayer games running at different framerates
- No limitations to stop developers doing this, however (to Rich's knowledge)
- Microsoft has confirmed devs can use the power how they see fit
- Shannon Loftis of MS said: "As a developer, I would bet no one chooses different frame-rates for multiplayer games ever."

- No conspiracy to undermine Pro capabilities by Bungie
- PS4 Pro has always been about higher resolutions, not higher framerates
- Rich is curious to see the method Bungie uses to get PS4 Pro to 4k (native, checkerboard, or upscale)
- Also wants to see Scorpio version fully deliver with 4k
- 60fps is all about the PC version

An analysis of Bungie's "networking model" for Destiny 2, and why they decided to maintain a "hybrid" dedicated server/peer-to-peer connection for all their co-op activities INSTEAD of a pure dedicated server network model

Last edited:

Trailer is dope.

Can't wait to learn more about Gaul: turns out he usurped the Cabal throne from the previous Emperor on the advice from an (speculation) elder council. Dude is badass though.

Also, work schedule alert: Release Date changed to September 6th!

:nerd: :smokin :evil:

Trailer is dope.

Can't wait to learn more about Gaul: turns out he usurped the Cabal throne from the previous Emperor on the advice from an (speculation) elder council. Dude is badass though.

Also, work schedule alert: Release Date changed to September 6th!

nerd.gif
smokin.gif
devil.gif
If you looked closer (as I pointed out in the E3 thread)...............the PC date is also confirmed under that September 6th text as well.

PC Release Date is October 24th

Last edited:
If you looked closer (as I pointed out in the E3 thread)...............the PC date is also confirmed under that September 6th text as well.

PC Release Date is October 24th

I saw it, but I don't expect too many in this thread to be switching from their console(s) to PC, especially with all of the relationships built here (ie. TMT, The Struggle Squad, and the Xbox team, etc.), so I didn't mention it.

Well I'm currently at e3 and got in when the doors opened and got in line for destiny 2 but the line was already big enough that they ran out of time slots today. Wow. I was hoping to give my 2 cents on the game but I guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow. The hype is real.

Currently in line to play call of duty though since it's right next to destiny

Got to finally get my hands on playing destiny 2 today at e3. I played he first story mission on the PC. the game literally feels exactly like destiny 1. The movement and how you shoot etc all feels like destiny 1 and that's not a bad thing at all. The demo only had the warlock and dongblade as the guardian/subclass. Dawnblade felt good and felt just like sun breaker but with a slam. The new ability is really cool and different and adds a new element to the game. I also noticed if ur ever stuck in the warlock glide u can cancel it using he ability button and u drop straight down.

The game looks beautiful, videos don't do justice. The pc version is buttery smooth. It looked and felt amazing running at 60fps. Unfortunately I haven't played a pc game in over 10 years so WASD was confusing as hell for me lol.

I'm hoping to get to play the strike tomorrow (Sony has an app where I have to try to reserve a time slot, similar to trying to cop a pair of yeezys lol). But I already am guaranteed a slot to play the pvp tomorrow and I can't wait to play that. I'm hoping to get lucky and get arcstrider as the class I use

Got to finally get my hands on playing destiny 2 today at e3. I played he first story mission on the PC. the game literally feels exactly like destiny 1. The movement and how you shoot etc all feels like destiny 1 and that's not a bad thing at all. The demo only had the warlock and dongblade as the guardian/subclass. Dawnblade felt good and felt just like sun breaker but with a slam. The new ability is really cool and different and adds a new element to the game. I also noticed if ur ever stuck in the warlock glide u can cancel it using he ability button and u drop straight down.

The game looks beautiful, videos don't do justice. The pc version is buttery smooth. It looked and felt amazing running at 60fps. Unfortunately I haven't played a pc game in over 10 years so WASD was confusing as hell for me lol.

I'm hoping to get to play the strike tomorrow (Sony has an app where I have to try to reserve a time slot, similar to trying to cop a pair of yeezys lol). But I already am guaranteed a slot to play the pvp tomorrow and I can't wait to play that. I'm hoping to get lucky and get arcstrider as the class I use

Nice thanks for the report repped :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom