Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

@EvoXR1

Man, if it's like winning a yeezy raffle....
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Good lookin' on the info. But don't head over to the dark side (PC); we need you on PS4. my dude!
Activision isn't even gonna make Destiny 2 cross-save between PC accounts and console (PS4 & Xbox 1) accounts, so I don't think the decision will be that hard.

People that will wanna play D2 on the PC, they'll wait until October for that release.

People that just wanna play D2 as soon as possible, they will join us in the Sept release for our respective consoles.

evoxr1 evoxr1

Man, if it's like winning a yeezy raffle.... :smh:

:lol:

Good lookin' on the info. But don't head over to the dark side (PC); we need you on PS4. my dude!

Bro this morning 9am Sony opened up rsvp for time slots for the strike. I clicked on a time and hit make rsvp and then got a rsvp error. It's literally like a cart error [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Don't worry I'm sticking to PS4 can't leave my clan behind. Plus I literally suck at pc lolz

Btw currently in line to play the pvp. There's a couple rooms inside full of armor and weapons. Will update pics shortly

Just finished playing a little while ago. I got to use arcstrider and played countdown.

Pvp is fluid smooth it seems a tad bit slower in terms of pace but that could be due to game mode. The game itself felt just like destiny 1 the movements were ALOT smoother than compared to D1 graphics are definitely a step up and the overall feel of shooting guns felt good. In air accuracy has also improved. I used a hand cannon and a omolon pulse and both felt and shot good I choose a grenade launcher for heavy and it doesn't shoot like a noob tube.

As far as arcstrider subclass I'm not gonna lie it felt op running around with the staff (but then again we were destroying the other team and I was the only one that had enough kills to use super lol). It was cool to be able to shadestep. Same grenades as well I used skip grenades and it tracked pretty decently.

As far as intellect and stuff I didn't see anything on the character screen for that.

View media item 2466305
View media item 2466308
View media item 2466310
View media item 2466311
View media item 2466312
View media item 2466313

Bwahaha I didn't think bout that. I was too busy getting more kills than my entire squad [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Are characters being transferred over from Destiny 1 for Destiny 2? I was thinking of switching over to PS4 for Destiny 2, but idk if I'd be at an immediate disadvantage if I'm starting from scratch while everyone else is fully equipped and leveled up.

Are characters being transferred over from Destiny 1 for Destiny 2? I was thinking of switching over to PS4 for Destiny 2, but idk if I'd be at an immediate disadvantage if I'm starting from scratch while everyone else is fully equipped and leveled up.

Nope gotta re grind :pimp:

Same as above.

First, I play on a monitor sized TV, same thing I played Cod4 whenever the hell that was, so 4K and 60FPS and all of that is extraneous tech for me. Further, I don't actually like watching anything with that many frames. And that has nothing to do with the argument that 'the human eye can't even pick up something that fast', etc., etc.; the images simply don't look/feel real to me at that pace.

So, cinematically, I'm 100% with keeping the game moving at 30FPS.

After actually playing the difference between the pc and PS4 version first hand I wish the consoles ran at 60 fps but it's not gonna stop me from playing the hell out of the game. Overall the console version still felt way more smoother than D1

I feel the same. Great graphics LOCKED at 30 is not bad at all. I will be on D2 without a second thought about it trust me.

But I will take 60 FPS any day :lol: and am slightly disappointed. .

60 FPS is more important than 4k. The fact that they console locked the frame rate might push me over to PC. Bungo guna Bungo.

60 FPS is more important than 4k. The fact that they console locked the frame rate might push me over to PC. Bungo guna Bungo.
Definitely respect your preference.

See you in October.
Have you played a game with 60 and 30 fps? It's not about how the game looks graphic wise. Its about fluidity of movement. With FPS, the higher framerate makes motion feel nicer. 4K is a gimmick right now. Don't care for it one bit. But 60fps is day and night. 

Have you played a game with 60 and 30 fps? It's not about how the game looks graphic wise. Its about fluidity of movement. With FPS, the higher framerate makes motion feel nicer. 4K is a gimmick right now. Don't care for it one bit. But 60fps is day and night. 

The PS4 is the only thing I play games on. I have never played PC (action/shooter) games and I probably never will (I don't have the dexterity for M/KB).

That said, I understand being exposed to higher frames in other games then having to go back to slower frames being frustrating.

My only rebuttal would be a video I saw months ago where the creator pushed the Oryx fight in KF to 60 frames; it looked cool, nice and smooth, but the cinematic quality of the fight was lost. The game was going so fast that I felt like I was watching Call of Duty, and that didn't seem enjoyable to me.

However, I might be in the minority. I used to be a hardcore gamer and though I have 2000+ hours with Destiny Y1-3, I understand that I'm probably considered a casual gamer.

To me, the frames and stuff are extraneous details that don't improve my experience.

Yeah once I saw 60 FPS in a shooter that was pretty much it for me :lol:

On a gaming monitor too?

lol y'all can say what you will what you want to

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom