Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Kotaku's Kirk Hamilton re-reviewed Destiny after 4 months of playing. It's really good. He hits on a lot of points, basically summarizing how many of us feel: this game is somewhat maddening, but undeniably addicting and enjoyable and that's why we keep playing.

http://t.co/LB6vZGGZZc

Last edited:
Seriously bruh?

One would think Bungie.net considering it was from Bungie and says Bungie with a heart next to it? 0]

Seriously bruh. Of course it's from Bungie, didn't mean it like that. I was just wondering if it was a specific newsletter you signed up for or something because I didn't get it. No need to be dbaggish. Stay kind.

Last edited:
Seriously bruh?

One would think Bungie.net considering it was from Bungie and says Bungie with a heart next to it? 0]

Seriously bruh. Of course it's from Destiny. I was just wondering if it was a specific newsletter you signed up for or something because I didn't get it. No need to be dbaggish. Stay kind.
when you sign up to join a clan and register your account to play destiny you get dem emails pleighboi

when you sign up to join a clan and register your account to play destiny you get dem emails pleighboi

Thanks man. I have the NT clan and think I'm registered. No biggie anyways, I always check the app and see the updates on there, was just curious.

The email is just announcing that you got a package. Regardless of whether or not you got the email the package will still be waiting for you. So don't worry about getting one.

Seriously bruh?

One would think Bungie.net considering it was from Bungie and says Bungie with a heart next to it?
alien.gif
Seriously bruh. Of course it's from Bungie, didn't mean it like that. I was just wondering if it was a specific newsletter you signed up for or something because I didn't get it. No need to be dbaggish. Stay kind.
Miss me with that nonsense. If I wanted to be "DBaggish" I could've done this:

How to Sign Up For Destiny Mailing List

I was asking a serious question too. I said it was sent from Bungie and it had a big Bungie logo on it. Thought that was more than enough of an explanation. Well, Based already summed it up for you, so I hope you get your Bungie emails now.

Miss me with that nonsense. If I wanted to be "DBaggish" I could've done this:

How to Sign Up For Destiny Mailing List

I was asking a serious question too. I said it was sent from Bungie and it had a big Bungie logo on it. Thought that was more than enough of an explanation. Well, Based already summed it up for you, so I hope you get your Bungie emails now.

We just got crossed up, no problem man. I was literally just looking for an exact sign-up, I saw the announcement in the app, just wanted to clarify how to get emails too. Sorry all, this became more than I intended. All good.

Last edited:
I got a dragons breath and red death from the first crota chest on my two characters. Also got the crota helmet for my hunter. Good week so far.

I got a dragons breath and red death from the first crota chest on my two characters. Also got the crota helmet for my hunter. Good week so far.

That's some good stuff man! All from an easy as pie, walk-right-up-and-reap-rewards chest. Speaking of that chest, I always get worried that they'll patch it so it's not so easy to get exotics, etc - what you guys think?

Last edited:

Not true. I have never received an email from bungie.

Checked my settings and I am selected to receive them. Just haven't for some reason.

Edit: maybe bungie no love me :frown:

Last edited:
Still have my standard Devil You Know at 300 damage.. better stats than Fatebringer, but no elemental damage, firefly or exploding critical. If I can get the Devil You Dont, with either exploding crit, firefly AND Field Scout :smokin the standard 5 magazine max is so stupid

Not true. I have never received an email from bungie.

Checked my settings and I am selected to receive them. Just haven't for some reason.

Edit: maybe bungie no love me
frown.gif
This is the first email I ever received from them. I was surprised to see "Bungie" when I looked at the notification on my phone.

You mogs wyldin b.

Titans the best hands down. 

And I had a hunter before that.

You warlock mogs look goofy as hell in ya priest uni's and generic *** helmets

not about looks im talking abilities. Titans are wack and again titan is my main.

not about looks im talking abilities. Titans are wack and again titan is my main.

If all you do is pop your shield and stay inside it then you don't know how to use the bubble. The bubble is for support and buffs, you can continue doing what you're doing. Magnetic grenades are awesome for damage and they are sticky. But you can player striker for certain encounters because the blinding grenades are money.

Lets looks at a warlock, you run sunsinger 95% of the time raiding and only pop your super really to get radiance when you die. Hmm, that sounds fun. I have a lock alt that i do Crota with and I only switch to void during Crota himself, other than that a rez is better.

Lets look at hunters. Most run gunsling as in a raid you rather keep people at a distance than upclose other than if you doing the maze or are on sword duty.

I just don't see your point, it's a different gamestyle. Because the gamestyle is "wack" to you it doesn't mean that it's wack to others. I run defender 90% of the time except for crucible and certain bounties. I personally find it fun and cherish survivability above everything else. A fight is about out lasting and not about quick burst damage at the raid level. Plus, other than a Nova bomb, nothing clears a room out like a titan smash.

Back
Top Bottom