Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Eh fusion rifles are moderate risk moderate reward to me.

They only seem over powered because you can be "1 hit killed" with them.

If you land your shots you can kill a fusion rifle user in between charges if they miss which isnt very uncommon. if its 2 v 1 fusion rifle and the fusion rifle gets both, fusion rifle deserves the double.

Yes, teams spamming fusion rifles is annoying, but idk about over powered in general.

Snipers and revolvers are also risk to reward weapons...

Fusions charge slowly, but if you know the map well enough, then you can charge it accordingly, and have your secondary ready in case someone run up on you while its charging.

Bruh if I could only quick scope with my exotic sniper rifle.

I talking about when you meet someone in a hall with the fusion rifle. I have been 1 shot with range down a hall with full health. Nothing you can do when they just sit around corners or crouch walk everywhere timing their charges and pop out when you show up on radar.

I talking about when you meet someone in a hall with the fusion rifle. I have been 1 shot with range down a hall with full health. Nothing you can do when they just sit around corners or crouch walk everywhere timing their charges and pop out when you show up on radar.

I've yet to get 1 shotted from a distance that seems "unfair". I can always conclude that it was not 1v1 and I put myself into a bad situation by running out and getting hit by multiple angles all at once, i go into a room and someone is shooting me but a guy with a fusion rifle gets lucky and gets the kill shot from distance, etc.

I have a few ways around getting vaporized by a fusion rifle from around a corner (same goes with shotguns)

1 - Pay attention to my map like they do... It isnt their fault or the game's fault that they kill me because they're paying attention to their radar and wash me cuz i rush into a room without making sure i know whats up.

2- LISTEN - you can hear charge rifle pulses... if im flying solo into a room and hear those constant clicks of keeping a charge rifle half baked... BYE FELICIA... not even going to run in until someone else does.

3- Use smart grenades - Don't know if this is for all classes, but the warlock has a grenade that seeks towards enemies... if a guy is around the corner toss a grenade and it will follow him and blow him up getting him all messed up.. then u rush and kill him before he can charge his rifle

4 - use a rocket (if available)

5 - Use a super charge (if available)

Again, the fusion rifle caters to a play style that isnt really for me... it caters to a campier/watch the objective play style. Which happens to be a great counter against people who play aggressively/run-n-gun like myself. Is it annoying? YES! Is it OP? Eh... it might FEEL like its OP at times, but im not sure if its OP at its core

DJ that last part is very true. Might not be OP but seems like it since it is the perfect counter how I play. Especially since I primarily play control/Domination and I am all about capping the points on the map

Im using my galahad-e
laugh.gif

still saving up for that Shadow Price

I see Doctor Nope in my future. Getting that vanguard rank up takes forever though
mean.gif
im using the galahad. im very close to the shadow price but honestly, after hearing they nuked the rifles to be even less stable... not to mention the crap that the SP has (when ur almost dead u reload faster and shooting longer grants more accuracy *NOTE: 25rnd mag...there is no shooting longer*) ive decided as of an hour ago to go for the vanquisher viii from new monarchy instead. besides having maximum stability, it also has bottom half does increased damage. that alone is worth it. so...square one...here we go.

and based u should know better man. that doctor nope aint the move. all the bullet-hose guns were already bad enough. with even less stability and range? forget about it.

DJ that last part is very true. Might not be OP but seems like it since it is the perfect counter how I play. Especially since I primarily play control/Domination and I am all about capping the points on the map

Im the same way man...

If im not careful i find myself jumping into rooms just to get cooked and it pisses me off :smh: :lol: >:

Last edited:
Doing some of these missions solo is pretty hard.

Reached level 6 tho :pimp:

so I should save those green items for later? or unlock them now?

Finally had some time to play this these past couple of game. Loving it alot.

About to be lvl 15 tonight :smile:

Finally received my first exotic bounty yesterday. I picked bad juju as I like pulse rifles for pve, plus I hope that the buff they give it makes the weapon much much better. Now to do 23 strikes over the next week or so...

23?! Damn man that sucks, lol. If you are on PSN, you can feel free to invite me and I will help you out with them.

Is it just by chance you finally get the exotic weapon bounty, or do you have to do so many bounties first to qualify?

23?! Damn man that sucks, lol. If you are on PSN, you can feel free to invite me and I will help you out with them.

Is it just by chance you finally get the exotic weapon bounty, or do you have to do so many bounties first to qualify?

It's by luck. I handed in probably 3-4 bounties each day since the game launched. Some people have had 3 exotic bounties already while I just got my first one. When I handed in 2 bounties last night I just had the exotic bounty pop up and had a choice of 3. I hate hand canons so that was out of the question and the other one was a heavy machine gun. But I have legendaries in the machinegun and rocket launcher so I wanted a primary.

The grinding for this one is a bit easier than the others. The hand canon one is a ***** because of the last part. I tried to help a fellow NTer on Sunday with it, it wasn't exactly fun and we wiped a lot lol.

Yea I know if you are precise you can be effective with a hand cannon....I just need more than 5-6 shots per round, lol

What was the last part he had to do for the hand cannon to get it?

It was a level 26 dungeon on the moon. The one where you kill the big ogre. The mob waves would get us. Too many yellow mobs with shields. We just didn't have the weapons to take them out effectively fast enough. Wizards and knights mostly. I think the last wipe, if we survived that wave we would have just been left with the boss.

The hell am I supposed to do from 12-15 :smh: Mars opened up but it says I should be at least 15 and I've done all the other missions prior..supposed to do strikes and crucible right now? :smh:

Finally received my first exotic bounty yesterday. I picked bad juju as I like pulse rifles for pve, plus I hope that the buff they give it makes the weapon much much better. Now to do 23 strikes over the next week or so...

i goto 24 more strikes to go so just link up online and we can run a few together. I heard the venus strike the shortest one.

Back
Top Bottom