Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Yeah once you hit 20 you'll realize that rare items will start to have light on them. I haven't farmed yet and I never felt like leveling was a drag but I just got to 24 so we'll see how that goes. I'm all the way down for missions giving better items than drops. Seems more rewarding that way.

The problem is getting legendary item drops. Getting to 24 with just blues is easy, getting past that you are dependent on lucky drops, rep farming, or buying an exotic from Xur. But more so, a combination of all that I stated.

sonnnn :/ bruh i got invited into this lobby b we couldnt get past the first level bruh i was gon invite you too but the lobby filled
told u what would happen bruh lmaooooooooooo

and man i went to xur early this morning having alot of motes and strange coins set up. i was READY to finally make my hunter strong. NOPE! All they had was the weaker of the 2 hunter helmets and the suros regime. now EVERYBODY has the suros regime (which looks ugly as hell and is only good because of the bonus damage while aiming down sight) but its like nobody remembered bungie said theyre nerfing auto rifles. not only did they say theyre nerfing auto rifles, but also said certain exotics are too strong and will be nerfed. it is painfully obvious the suros is one of them. by the next hotfix.... suros will be no better than a legendary.

SO! i didnt wanna leave empty handed and figured id try my luck. i got the helmet engram for 23 motes. AND I GOT MY SECOND EXOTIC!..... for a warlock....again. My warlock that i started will instantly be stronger than the hunter ive put over 80 hours into as soon as it hits level 20.

current tally and cryptarch is level 14:

3 legendary items from engrams thus far; sniper rifle, helmet for warlock, legs for warlock

2 exotic items: gauntlet for titan, helmet for warlock.

hundreds of engrams...and the only thing i got for my hunter was a sniper rifle. (and really thats for any character) and again i say.... this **** is NOT random....

Last edited:
They said that they are nerfing autos but buffing exotic items. They said to hold on to them and not to dismantle them yet.

Is Xur always posted up right by the Crucible people when comes back?

They said that they are nerfing autos but buffing exotic items. They said to hold on to them and not to dismantle them yet.

Is Xur always posted up right by the Crucible people when comes back?
no... they said to hold on to the bad juju and thorn because people were underwhelmed by them. and also said that exotics are not supposed to be the be-all end-all weapons that they already are. those 2 are getting a buff. the rest? uh uh.

xur is in the basement past dead orbit in the back of the room

I see. I think others took that as then singling those 2 specifically since they were criticized the most but they were speaking about exotics as a whole. I do also get that you can't get them and then 1-shot everything once you get it. It will be interesting how it all pans out though.

Id be happy to finally get a legendary or exotic for my own class. Why is it this hard? Its like you have to hit the lotto (which is hard enough)... but you ALSO have to win it in a particular gas station for it to count.

This is why they need to ditch the garbage light level up system and just stick to the basics. Looting isnt part of the game anymore, IT IS the game

Do 2-3 queens missions, get legendary head and body. 65 vanguard marks and buy legendary hands, 65 crucible marks and buy legendary feet and bingo full set. Never need any more legendary armor since all of it from engrams is second rate anyways since you need legendary/exotic after 4 legendaries. Rank up your faction/vanguard to get weapons(free in mailbox). Looting is a waste of time.

Last edited:
no... they said to hold on to the bad juju and thorn because people were underwhelmed by them. and also said that exotics are not supposed to be the be-all end-all weapons that they already are. those 2 are getting a buff. the rest? uh uh.

xur is in the basement past dead orbit in the back of the room

They really need to do more with that area.

I think it should be the designated place for people looking for a fireteam.

Bungie has given more detail on the changes coming in Destiny's 1.0.2 patch, including big changes to engrams.
According to the announcement, starting next week engrams will always decode into their quality level or better. That means Legendary (Purple) engrams will always decode into Legendary or better items, possibly Materials or Exotics. Similarly, Rare engrams will no longer have a chance to decode into Uncommon (Green) items. They'll always be Rare or better. Bungie is also increasing the chances of a Rare engram producing a Legendary item.

You'll also have more opportunities to get engrams, since Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will also have Rare and Legendary engrams in their rewards.

There is one caveat, though. All Legendary engrams you're currently holding will be demoted to Rare when the patch hits, so there's no use in holding onto them hoping for a better result. You might as well decode them now.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.ign.com/games/destiny/ps3-72314[/URL]"]
 Bungie has given more detail on the changes coming in Destiny's 1.0.2 patch, including big changes to engrams.

According to the announcement, starting next week engrams will always decode into their quality level or better. That means Legendary (Purple) engrams will always decode into Legendary or better items, possibly Materials or Exotics. Similarly, Rare engrams will no longer have a chance to decode into Uncommon (Green) items. They'll always be Rare or better. Bungie is also increasing the chances of a Rare engram producing a Legendary item.

You'll also have more opportunities to get engrams, since Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will also have Rare and Legendary engrams in their rewards.

There is one caveat, though. All Legendary engrams you're currently holding will be demoted to Rare when the patch hits, so there's no use in holding onto them hoping for a better result. You might as well decode them now.
[/quote] THANK YOU BASED GOD, all we need is all rare,/legendary armor to break down to ascendant shards instead plasteel plating, sapphire wire, hadronic essence

Bought an exotic engram and its a nice exotic helmet for my hunter, (even though i main a titan) this will give me another reason to level him up.

Absolutely EVERYONE is using th suros regime in crucible. That is definitely the only AR that needs to get nerfed

There is a video of a nice farming route with chests spawning. You can get 3-6 per circle and a circle won't take you longer than 5 minutes. Plus you can kill guys along the way and get greens/blues. Youtube it.

Thanks man. About to hit it up now

I'm ready. Just leveled up my boots a little more and grabbed the Suros and a legendary sniper rifle. Let's get.

Just got my first exotic... I'm hyped now. Ready for some crucible and vanguard strikes. Vault of glass next weekend.

Saw a video of a team beating the VoG in 30 minutes. 

I need to keep doing it so i can get the Zealot helmet and get to 30

LMK if anybody's looking for an extra (Ps4)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom