Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Agressive Ballistics is the best for a shotty, since it adds more impact.

1st perk isn't a new perk.

Final Round from Snipers has to be removed, could potentially break Trials.

There isn't going to be much blink shotgun in Trials. Gunslingers, Striker/Defender and Sun Bros.. I'm actually considering running Sun Bro.

Shotgun with shotpackage is a one shot anyway. I rather have a little more range if I have the option to be honest. You lose a little range with aggressive. I have aggressive on my Felwinter's too.

Shotgun with shotpackage is a one shot anyway. I rather have a little more range if I have the option to be honest. You lose a little range with aggressive. I have aggressive on my Felwinter's too.

Nah its not.

I've been "out-Felwinteried" by someone with Aggressive Ballistics, its a big difference.

I gotta double check on that range, I don't think it does.. because most people always run Aggressive.

Give me hammer forged, accurized ballistics, and shot package with that 1st perk and I'm lovin it.
Agressive Ballistics is the best for a shotty, since it adds more impact.

1st perk isn't a new perk.

Final Round from Snipers has to be removed, could potentially break Trials.

There isn't going to be much blink shotgun in Trials. Gunslingers, Striker/Defender and Sun Bros.. I'm actually considering running Sun Bro.
They better not remove that! I'm hoping to get final round on all three of the Spears from IB this week. One for each burn.

They better not remove that! I'm hoping to get final round on all three of the Spears from IB this week. One for each burn.
Its an exploit.

Game breaking.

We'll see how it works with the Special Ammo nerf.
It makes it tougher with the Special Ammo Nerf. I used to be able to empty my 3 round clip to final round and then get the kill, reload, then do it again, pick up ammo, then do it again. With the special ammo nerf, you cant just do that. Run out of ammo fast. I think you spawn with 6 or 7 sniper bullets, so essentially 2-3 final rounds.

I find myself using it more to chain sniper kill hits on multiple rushing enemies more than exploiting it.

I agree with Bos though. Even with the Special ammo being more limited, Final round is an exploit in a game type like trials of Osiris and literally a game breaker.. They'll need to address it.

Last edited:
Some of the main points

Crucible marks and rep are doubling across the board

Trials passages cost 100 glimmer

There are 12 new legendary items that can drop in the Crucible

Etheric light is a guaranteed drop at level 3 and level 5 of Iron Banner

If you ascend an exotic, you will not lose progress but will have to continue leveling an unfinished item

Crucible rewards have doubled in their frequency and the better you play, the more likely the reward

Dark Below crucible maps will soon be free to all

Trials matchmaking (to clarify, this is between your fireteam and your opponent. You must make your own fireteam) will choose connection over skill

It makes it tougher with the Special Ammo Nerf. I used to be able to empty my 3 round clip to final round and then get the kill, reload, then do it again, pick up ammo, then do it again. With the special ammo nerf, you cant just do that. Run out of ammo fast. I think you spawn with 6 or 7 sniper bullets, so essentially 2-3 final rounds.

I find myself using it more to chain sniper kill hits on multiple rushing enemies more than exploiting it.

In all honesty, what you said doesn't mean much to me or what I said.

Its simply an exploit... with that being said, in a competitive environment its human nature to use whatever increases your chances of winning.

You'll get final rounded, then pulls yours out.

In all honesty, what you said doesn't mean much to me or what I said.

Its simply an exploit... with that being said, in a competitive environment its human nature to use whatever increases your chances of winning.

You'll get final rounded, then pulls yours out.
I can see what you're trying to say, but I don't think it will be a match changer like you're thinking it will be. Before the special ammo nerf, yes I totally agree with you. After the nerf? It's become harder to exploit and depend on that. If there were no revives, that changes everything and it would be super OP. But with revives, it makes it a little better. I do believe we will see a lot more sniping in the trials and less aggressive play. 

If it was "Game Breaking" they would have fixed it by now. It is nowhere near game breaking, especially with the special ammo nerf. Fusion and Shottys broke the game far more than final round on a sniper. If it was so game breaking, there would be much more complaints about it, but for crucible, it's been Fusions OP, Blink Shotty OP, Suros OP, and Hand Cannons OP. When's the last time you said, man this whole team using final round snipers? 

It also matters that margin of error is far less with 1-2 final round bullets that you start off with if you're simply going for a final round exploit. That's what I was trying to say before. You have the potential for 2-3 final round kills in your clip, but if you miss, you're a sitting duck as you have to reload or switch weapons then try to fight an oncoming opponent. And you've exhausted your whole clip at that point. Having the 6-7 Sniper bullets is far more valuable than 2-3 bullets in your sniper round. 

I can see what you're trying to say, but I don't think it will be a match changer like you're thinking it will be. Before the special ammo nerf, yes I totally agree with you. After the nerf? It's become harder to exploit and depend on that. If there were no revives, that changes everything and it would be super OP. But with revives, it makes it a little better. I do believe we will see a lot more sniping in the trials and less aggressive play. 

If it was "Game Breaking" they would have fixed it by now. It is nowhere near game breaking, especially with the special ammo nerf. Fusion and Shottys broke the game far more than final round on a sniper. If it was so game breaking, there would be much more complaints about it, but for crucible, it's been Fusions OP, Blink Shotty OP, Suros OP, and Hand Cannons OP. When's the last time you said, man this whole team using final round snipers? 

It also matters that margin of error is far less with 1-2 final round bullets that you start off with if you're simply going for a final round exploit. That's what I was trying to say before. You have the potential for 2-3 final round kills in your clip, but if you miss, you're a sitting duck as you have to reload or switch weapons then try to fight an oncoming opponent. And you've exhausted your whole clip at that point. Having the 6-7 Sniper bullets is far more valuable than 2-3 bullets in your sniper round. 

I can't recall the last time honestly... But I can tell you the next time.. Next Week. >D

Mind you in Trials, where its 3v3 with no respawning.. those 1-3 Final Round bullets you have can completely wipe out half or a whole team.

Besides, you can always switch to Ice Breaker get 6 bullets, switch back and have a full sniper.

I can't recall the last time honestly... But I can tell you the next time.. Next Week. >D

Mind you in Trials, where its 3v3 with no respawning.. those 1-3 Final Round bullets you have can completely wipe out half or a whole team.

Besides, you can always switch to Ice Breaker get 6 bullets, switch back and have a full sniper.
BRUH

roll.gif

weebay.gif

Never even thought to do this in the middle of a Crucible game to get more special ammo
laugh.gif

Bos is right though. You come up on a competitive or cheap team (probably are both)....They all start and final round their snipers, 1 shot all 3 on the other team, and win the round in what.....10-15seconds?
indifferent.gif

weebay.gif

Never even thought to do this in the middle of a Crucible game to get more special ammo :lol:

Bos is right though. You come up on a competitive or cheap team (probably are both)....They all start and final round their snipers, 1 shot all 3 on the other team, and win the round in what.....10-15seconds? :stoneface:

Yup, it will happen a lot I feel.

weebay.gif

Never even thought to do this in the middle of a Crucible game to get more special ammo
laugh.gif

Bos is right though. You come up on a competitive or cheap team (probably are both)....They all start and final round their snipers, 1 shot all 3 on the other team, and win the round in what.....10-15seconds?
indifferent.gif
Yup, it will happen a lot I feel.
Welp, I guess we should all practice sniping right now. 

Another thing is not a lot of people have Legendary Snipers with Final round on them. Show of hands on NT, who actually has one right now? I have one and it took a ton of motes to reroll it. Then again, I guess the spear being the IB loot drop this week wasn't coincidental either. Ahem Bungie. I do wonder if the Green Gozens with 178 ATK will still final round one hit kill in trials since levels will be 2 higher at 34. I think they still do in the IB right now but could be wrong. 

Last edited:

Another thing is not a lot of people have Legendary Snipers with Final round on them. Show of hands on NT, who actually has one right now? I have one and it took a ton of motes to reroll it. Then again, I guess the spear being the IB loot drop this week wasn't coincidental either. Ahem Bungie. I do wonder if the Green Gozens with 178 ATK will still final round one hit kill in trials since levels will be 2 higher at 34. I think they still do in the IB right now but could be wrong. 

I doubt it, it's like a 50% drop off in damage relative to a 365 weapon and then take damage reduction if you are lower than your opponent since ToO is like IB.

Too my knowledge the only Legendary Sniper that is a 1 shot body shot with Final Round is the Spear.

LDR isn't, unsure about the Longbow

Like Iron Banner those Green/Blue/White snipers only one shot if its a head shot.

Last edited:

Too my knowledge the only Legendary Sniper that is a 1 shot body shot with Final Round is the Spear.

Is it possible to get it as a random RNG perk on a faction sniper like FWC/DO/NM?

You might be right though now that the Spear is IB weapon of the week, everyone will be buying one and trying for final round. Could break the game in the weeks leading up to the trials.

Is it possible to get it as a random RNG perk on a faction sniper like FWC/DO/NM?

You might be right though now that the Spear is IB weapon of the week, everyone will be buying one and trying for final round. Could break the game in the weeks leading up to the trials.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing per say as it would force Bungie's hand in fixing the issue as the DLC drops.

Yeah.

Like an idiot I got an amazing Prudence from New Monarchy, and dismantled for no reason.

Ambush + Unflinching + Snapshot + Final Round

Impact is a little less than the P.Revenge, but those perks with snap shot :smh:

Yeah.

Like an idiot I got an amazing Prudence from New Monarchy, and dismantled for no reason.

Ambush + Unflinching + Snapshot + Final Round

Impact is a little less than the P.Revenge, but those perks with snap shot
mean.gif
eek.gif
 DAMN. That's a crucible beast right there.

Like Iron Banner those Green/Blue/White snipers only one shot if its a head shot.

Longbow one shot body shots with final round I do it all the time lol

Oh btw I call dibs on boss and frost for trials anyone got anything to say about that come see meView media item 1512717

Longbow one shot body shots with final round I do it all the time lol

Oh btw I call dibs on boss and frost for trials anyone got anything to say about that come see me
They might have something to say about that and drop you bruh. It's about to get real in the streets here. 
laugh.gif

does this have Connection based matchmaking? because after playing IB i don't understand how people tolerate the lag.

Back
Top Bottom