Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I was just reading on Reddit and noticed a lot of people were upset about the Taken King expansion that is coming out, and they have a pretty good point.

$40 = Just the Expansion
$80 = Destiny + Dark Below + HoW + Taken King + SteelBook Case + Book & Letter from Cayde-6 +Cayde-6 personal notes + Collection of Relics and Artifcats + Strange Coin Replica + Early Access Weapons Pack + 3 Class Specific Emotes + 3 Armor Shaders + 3 Exotic Class Items with XP bonus

The fuss is that essentially for $80, new players will have everything, whereas we would of paid around $170 or so because we would have to buy the game all over again essentially if we want the exclusive stuff this time around. Even with us buying just the $40 expansion, we would have spent $135 I believe, but I get that because games always come out later with the DLCs that are already out for cheaper. The main issue, is the new bonus stuff that hasn't been out yet.

They are not selling the Taken King + exclusive items....yet....hopefully

I understand the complaints but hey.... We have definitely gotten our money's worth. Will buy without a care.

Better than a destiny 2 dropping for $60 that's like rainbow six Vegas 1 and 2 with respect to minor changes.

Agreed. I can't believe I've been playing this game for almost a year. I literally haven't bought any other game to play. Cheapest year of gaming for me in a long time. I have 0 complaints on price. I plan on buying the Collectors Edition of TTK without even flinching and I bought the ghost edition of Destiny. Money well spent IMHO.

New patrol area. Oryx's Dreadnaught? Along with tracked bounties in the lower right corner.

http://i.imgur.com/rPH19pU.png

Confirmed:

Third subclass unlocked via quests
New RAID
New patrol area (Dreadnought)
New PVP modes
New public events
New destination (Phobos)
New max light level (see here)
Warlock floats above the ground while in Stormcaller super mode
Titan Sunbreaker - using hammer costs ~50% of Super bar

Crucible

1. Mayhem Clash - Your Ability and Super Energy Recharge really quickly.

A Team Deathmatch where you use Grenades, Melee, and Supers endlessly.

2. Rift - Destiny's' answer to a Capture The Flag style mode objective mode. Your team has to bring a Spark into the enemy teams Rift.

Can bring the Spark in normal style and dunk it in, or backflip dunk which nets extra points.

PVP

New Public Events
New Patrols (Plural)
New Strikes
"We know Valus Ta'urc has too much health. We get it"
New Raid
"We are on the forums. We are reading REDDIT. We are reading NeoGAF"
"Is there an extra chest in the vault of class. I'll never tell" - Bungie
The Cabal aren't leading an invasion but are fleeing from an enemy.

Last edited:
That video?! Those supers?! Those new PvP game modes?!
eek.gif
nthat.gif

Oh I was posting that price comparison just because I didn't realize it, but I will definitely be pre-ordering to get all that stuff too
nthat.gif

Just thought....they should let anyone close to someone getting electrocuted by the Warlock, get electrocuted too causing a chain
devil.gif

New patrol area. Oryx's Dreadnaught? Along with tracked bounties in the lower right corner.

http://i.imgur.com/rPH19pU.png

Confirmed:

Third subclass unlocked via quests
New RAID
New patrol area (Dreadnought)
New PVP modes
New public events
New destination (Phobos)
New max light level (see here)
Warlock floats above the ground while in Stormcaller super mode
Titan Sunbreaker - using hammer costs ~50% of Super bar

Crucible

1. Mayhem Clash - Your Ability and Super Energy Recharge really quickly.

A Team Deathmatch where you use Grenades, Melee, and Supers endlessly.

2. Rift - Destiny's' answer to a Capture The Flag style mode objective mode. Your team has to bring a Spark into the enemy teams Rift.

Can bring the Spark in normal style and dunk it in, or backflip dunk which nets extra points.

PVP

New Public Events
New Patrols (Plural)
New Strikes
"We know Valus Ta'urc has too much health. We get it"
New Raid
"We are on the forums. We are reading REDDIT. We are reading NeoGAF"
"Is there an extra chest in the vault of class. I'll never tell" - Bungie
The Cabal aren't leading an invasion but are fleeing from an enemy.
1049.gif

Just thought....they should let anyone close to someone getting electrocuted by the Warlock, get electrocuted too causing a chain

So.... Which one looks like they're from Ohio? 

We see you @Biggie62  
roll.gif

I am telling myself that he is #1, but with the way he crunches numbers and went to prep school and all, he is probably the last guy
roll.gif

Edit: Who am I kidding....he is #3
roll.gif

@Biggie62, they/you guys probably have them being all jittery and stuff as your way to get around saying that stuff it is "lagging." It shall be labeled "working as intended"
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Max Level for us will be 50. Also there will be some new system in leveling light to be unveiled later.

Probably already answered, but can't keep up with this thread.  My digital guardian edition Destiny on my PS4 said i could play the game in 90 days.  How do i fix this?

Probably already answered, but can't keep up with this thread.  My digital guardian edition Destiny on my PS4 said i could play the game in 90 days.  How do i fix this?
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/130768437/0/0

Seems like deleting then reinstalling might fix it but you might have to wait for Bungie to address it.

I posted an earlier PSA NOT to preorder digitally right now but the rate this thread moves I doubt it was seen by many. 

delete the application and re-download Make sure that all updates and patches are downloaded and applied before you launch the game for the first time

Does the Taken King come with Digital Guardian Edition?  Because I been had this game at launch

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/72495"href" href="https://niketalk.com/members/37511" style="display:inline-block;">@Biggie62

:nerd:

Seriously though, it's from livestreams and interviews and videos. The internet is almighty.
biggie62 biggie62 =/= Deej from Bungie :nerd:

On a more serious note, Warlock is the master race. Can't wait to see how the supers work out for all new classes. I do wanna make a titan now though seeing as how dope the super looks.

Back
Top Bottom