DETROIT BASKETBALL! vol. Cavs and Wiz status

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Several Detroit Piston missed at least part of the team's shootaround before Friday night's game at Philadelphia, the latest incident on what has been a difficult season for the proud franchise.

Team spokesman Cletus Lewis said Richard Hamilton, Rodney Stuckey, Chris Wilcox, and Austin Daye missed the bus, with Stuckey and Daye able to arrive late.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/players/3149 Tyashaun Prince, Tracy McGrady, and  Ben Wallace also missed the shootaround. Lewis said Prince had an upset stomach, McGrady had a headache and Wallace was tending to an unspecified family matter.

"I expect everybody to be available," coach John Kuester said before the Sixers game. "Some guys have been sick with stomach problems."

Told it was suggest the Pistons had other motives for skipping shootaround, Kuester said, "Sometimes perception is different than reality."

Detroit entered the night 21-38 and is almost certainly headed to its third straight losing season. There have been signs of disharmony almost from the beginning. Keuster benched Stuckey barely a week into the season, although that was only temporary.

Kuester then benched Hamilton on Jan. 12, and he didn't play again until Feb. 5 at Milwaukee. Hamilton has missed every game since with what the team called a groin injury.

The team was unable to trade Hamilton before Thursday's deadline. He's guaranteed $20 million over the next two seasons.

Wallace missed eight games in January. He's battled ankle problems and also left the team to tend to a family matter.

Kuester has juggled the lineup quite a bit this season, trying to find combinations that might help propel the Pistons to a playoff spot, but so far it's been no use. McGrady has been a bright spot, staying healthy and settling in as a point guard, and rookie big man Greg Monroe is showing promise - but Detroit has clearly fallen a long way since Hamilton, Prince and Wallace led the Pistons to the 2004 NBA title.

Owner Karen Davidson has been trying to sell the team, and that turned into a drawn-out saga after she said she hoped it would be done by the start of the season. On Feb. 11, Davidson confirmed she and investor Tom Gores had a two-week "exclusivity" period for negotiations.

On Friday - exactly two weeks later - there was no update from the owner.

laugh.gif

half the team didnt show up for shootarounds
What do you think NT as worse as the Cavs or Wiz
which of the 3 teams have better upside?

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Several Detroit Piston missed at least part of the team's shootaround before Friday night's game at Philadelphia, the latest incident on what has been a difficult season for the proud franchise.

Team spokesman Cletus Lewis said Richard Hamilton, Rodney Stuckey, Chris Wilcox, and Austin Daye missed the bus, with Stuckey and Daye able to arrive late.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/players/3149 Tyashaun Prince, Tracy McGrady, and  Ben Wallace also missed the shootaround. Lewis said Prince had an upset stomach, McGrady had a headache and Wallace was tending to an unspecified family matter.

"I expect everybody to be available," coach John Kuester said before the Sixers game. "Some guys have been sick with stomach problems."

Told it was suggest the Pistons had other motives for skipping shootaround, Kuester said, "Sometimes perception is different than reality."

Detroit entered the night 21-38 and is almost certainly headed to its third straight losing season. There have been signs of disharmony almost from the beginning. Keuster benched Stuckey barely a week into the season, although that was only temporary.

Kuester then benched Hamilton on Jan. 12, and he didn't play again until Feb. 5 at Milwaukee. Hamilton has missed every game since with what the team called a groin injury.

The team was unable to trade Hamilton before Thursday's deadline. He's guaranteed $20 million over the next two seasons.

Wallace missed eight games in January. He's battled ankle problems and also left the team to tend to a family matter.

Kuester has juggled the lineup quite a bit this season, trying to find combinations that might help propel the Pistons to a playoff spot, but so far it's been no use. McGrady has been a bright spot, staying healthy and settling in as a point guard, and rookie big man Greg Monroe is showing promise - but Detroit has clearly fallen a long way since Hamilton, Prince and Wallace led the Pistons to the 2004 NBA title.

Owner Karen Davidson has been trying to sell the team, and that turned into a drawn-out saga after she said she hoped it would be done by the start of the season. On Feb. 11, Davidson confirmed she and investor Tom Gores had a two-week "exclusivity" period for negotiations.

On Friday - exactly two weeks later - there was no update from the owner.

laugh.gif

half the team didnt show up for shootarounds
What do you think NT as worse as the Cavs or Wiz
which of the 3 teams have better upside?

The wiz have the best upside because of their young talent (Mcgee/Wall)...the only talented youngster we have on the team is Greg

The wiz have the best upside because of their young talent (Mcgee/Wall)...the only talented youngster we have on the team is Greg

I don't really know the situation in Detroit, but T-Mac, Ben Wallace and others cracking up as Kuester got ejected was disgusting. There's a certain level of professionalism that's gotta be maintained regardless of the situation.

I don't really know the situation in Detroit, but T-Mac, Ben Wallace and others cracking up as Kuester got ejected was disgusting. There's a certain level of professionalism that's gotta be maintained regardless of the situation.

If all this is true, I'm gonna rank the Pistons below the Cavs and Wizards.
30t6p3b.gif

@STEIN_LINE_HQ Sources say Pistons vets tried to organize teamwide boycott of shootaround before Detroit's last game prior to All-Star break vs. Indy
@STEIN_LINE_HQ That walkout was called off, sources say, when word reached some of those vets that Kuester would be ousted during All-Star Weekend
@STEIN_LINE_HQ When no trades were made and w/Kuester obviously still in place, call sent out again to Pistons players to skip Friday shootaround in Philly
@STEIN_LINE_HQ Obviously only half of team no-showed. Kuester played the six Pistons who did show & wound up getting tossed w/Philly-based family in crowd
@STEIN_LINE_HQ If I'm Rip/Tay/Big Ben, I'm prayin' Kuester DOESN'T walk now. Cause ushering a coach aside this way goes on their resumes in permanent ink
sick.gif

Edit:
@Vee_Ellis4Freep Not clear on how many participated, but team just walked into shower while Kuester was talking. #Pistons.

30t6p3b.gif

@STEIN_LINE_HQ Sources say Pistons vets tried to organize teamwide boycott of shootaround before Detroit's last game prior to All-Star break vs. Indy
@STEIN_LINE_HQ That walkout was called off, sources say, when word reached some of those vets that Kuester would be ousted during All-Star Weekend
@STEIN_LINE_HQ When no trades were made and w/Kuester obviously still in place, call sent out again to Pistons players to skip Friday shootaround in Philly
@STEIN_LINE_HQ Obviously only half of team no-showed. Kuester played the six Pistons who did show & wound up getting tossed w/Philly-based family in crowd
@STEIN_LINE_HQ If I'm Rip/Tay/Big Ben, I'm prayin' Kuester DOESN'T walk now. Cause ushering a coach aside this way goes on their resumes in permanent ink
sick.gif

Edit:
@Vee_Ellis4Freep Not clear on how many participated, but team just walked into shower while Kuester was talking. #Pistons.

Originally Posted by PMatic

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

Edit:

Im all for standing up for what you believe in but what they are doing is just
30t6p3b.gif
. now you are quitting on your team.  And Austin Daye been in the league a year and he's trying to pull this
indifferent.gif
. It's hard to respect them guys after somerhing like this

"I sat and got DNP's for a month and a half, you think I was turning down 48 minutes? I ain't crazy," Bynum said.

laugh.gif
 Yes Will

Originally Posted by PMatic

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

Edit:

Im all for standing up for what you believe in but what they are doing is just
30t6p3b.gif
. now you are quitting on your team.  And Austin Daye been in the league a year and he's trying to pull this
indifferent.gif
. It's hard to respect them guys after somerhing like this

"I sat and got DNP's for a month and a half, you think I was turning down 48 minutes? I ain't crazy," Bynum said.

laugh.gif
 Yes Will

Back
Top Bottom