did nas win the battle in alot of people's mind whe the sample said "F** JAY-Z"?

Cam'ron - hate me now freestyle killed nas entire credibility with me more so than hov.
Cause nass couldn't and wouldn't say nothin back.
He ain't want that dipset problem.

"Take your daughter/R.Kelly/have my way with her face"

How do you "let that slide"?

"you made it a hot line, I made it a hot song"

When I heard this line it just made me think takeover was wack because The World is Yours is debatably better than any jay-z song.

He also referred to It Was Written as ehhh, lol...

Jay reminds me of George Constanza in that Seinfeld episode when he was constantly trying to one-up a rival in insults and jokes. And when he realized he couldn't George pulls out the I slept with your ex card. :lol:

Yup those corny jokes were sure killer, and the sample "DID NAS PUT THAT SAMPLE ON THE TRACK?"
"Gay-Z" "Cockafella"? Somebody call the coroner, hes getting out the body bags.

roll.gif
Please.......

Ether was wack along with the other disses he made. JAY's disses were far superior

You the lame dude who said you would cry when Jay-Z died and that he was your hero? You must have been depressed when Ether dropped or too young. Remove this man's reproductive organ from your mouth region.
mean.gif

Ether had this man Jay crying and throwing a hissy fit on the radio.
Ok? I know many a person who cried when Michael Jackson died. Is it so wrong for me to feel the same way about another person. Not ashamed to say that the guys a hero of mine guess I should tell anyone who thinks someone is their hero to "pull his D out of their mouths".You sound silly, bringing these childish insults into what is supposed to be a mature conversation.

I was 12 close to 13 when ether came out. 

Last edited:
Distant Relatives > Anything after the Black Album.
That's a silly argument because Black Album > Anything after Stillmatic. Not saying you're wrong about who's been better since. Your argument is just flawed
That's a flawed reply cuz Black Album isn't better than Distant Relatives or Life Is Good.
Jay reminds me of George Constanza in that Seinfeld episode when he was constantly trying to one-up a rival in insults and jokes. And when he realized he couldn't George pulls out the I slept with your ex card. :lol:
:rofl: The jerk store called, .........I HAD SEX WITH YOUR WIFE! :lol:

Last edited:
That gif of the beating of the dead horse is hilarious and pretty much sums this whole thing up...

BUT, while we're on the topic...a few things that no one has mentioned...first, the version of Ether that we know of is the dumb-downed version of the song. Remember, this Ether was like the 5th recording of it because the label rejected all the previous recordings of it because they said it was too harsh. And Nas destroyed all of those previous versions to prevent them from EVER leaking. That's some serious **** right there...who knows what those originals had on them, but lets not act like Jay wasn't d-riding Nas from 91-98 (TWO samples on In My Lifetime Vol 1).

Also...Yes, I get it...Jay pounded Carmen...we all know that...But Nas BEEN told the world that home girl was pretty much a groupie...whether it's the intro to Black Girl Lost or on "One Mic" ("******* left me cause they thought I was finished. Shoulda knew she wasn't true she came to me when her man caught a sentence"). Plus, it wasn't all fun and games when Jay got Carmen pregnant...Carmen had a miscarriage and so Jay was off the hook, but I hope yall didn't forget that "plus I'm having a child, which is more frightening"...that was a child with Carmen)

I'm not even about to compare Nas's career with Jay-Z's career...that isn't a fair fight. Obviously. BUT, I will say that Jay's quality of music has been in SHARP decline since the Black Album (American Gangster was good, though), but Nas seems to have finally become comfortable with doing the music he wants to do, not the music that will sell millions of copies. and THAT is the reason I prefer Nas to Jay.

That's a silly argument because Black Album > Anything after Stillmatic. Not saying you're wrong about who's been better since. Your argument is just flawed

I couldn't disagree more. Like Peep said, the whole idea of jay retiring was actually better than the album. There were definitely very good songs on the album, but I don't hold it to the same regard as the rest of NT.

That gif of the beating of the dead horse is hilarious and pretty much sums this whole thing up...
BUT, while we're on the topic...a few things that no one has mentioned...first, the version of Ether that we know of is the dumb-downed version of the song. Remember, this Ether was like the 5th recording of it because the label rejected all the previous recordings of it because they said it was too harsh. And Nas destroyed all of those previous versions to prevent them from EVER leaking. That's some serious **** right there...who knows what those originals had on them, but lets not act like Jay wasn't d-riding Nas from 91-98 (TWO samples on In My Lifetime Vol 1).
Also...Yes, I get it...Jay pounded Carmen...we all know that...But Nas BEEN told the world that home girl was pretty much a groupie...whether it's the intro to Black Girl Lost or on "One Mic" ("******* left me cause they thought I was finished. Shoulda knew she wasn't true she came to me when her man caught a sentence"). Plus, it wasn't all fun and games when Jay got Carmen pregnant...Carmen had a miscarriage and so Jay was off the hook, but I hope yall didn't forget that "plus I'm having a child, which is more frightening"...that was a child with Carmen)
I'm not even about to compare Nas's career with Jay-Z's career...that isn't a fair fight. Obviously. BUT, I will say that Jay's quality of music has been in SHARP decline since the Black Album (American Gangster was good, though), but Nas seems to have finally become comfortable with doing the music he wants to do, not the music that will sell millions of copies. and THAT is the reason I prefer Nas to Jay.
QFMFT, **** Columbia for making him release a watered down version...and god bless Nas for ******** all over Jay with the watered down version.

:wow: :lol: Damn, didn't know that

"Call yourself gangsta but you were begging for pardon\
that night in carbon\ when Terror Squad flipped on your squadron\
Tried to front on their checks\ till Pun put a gun to your chest\"

Last edited:
"Call yourself gangsta but you were begging for pardon\

that night in carbon\ when Terror Squad flipped on your squadron\

Tried to front on their checks\ till Pun put a gun to your chest\"

That quote was fake. I saw an article that had the "leaked" lyrics, but it was later discovered that it was fake.

The incident in reference with Terror Squad, however, is NOT fake. People always wonder why Fat Joe and Jay-Z had beef...it's cuz Fat Joe BEEEN had beef wit Jay over some stuff that went down between Jay and Pun...I heard Cuban Linx expand on it...

Apparently, Pun and Jay were both booked for a few shows. This was back in like 98. Jay backed out of the shows though and when they had the meeting to talk about it, Pun smacked Jay and chased him around the room they was in.

That's from Cuban himself, who apparently, was in the room. Look, I like Jay...I really do...But dudes think cuz his name is Hov, he walks on water. He hasn't had a memorable album in about 6 years...

That quote was fake. I saw an article that had the "leaked" lyrics, but it was later discovered that it was fake.
The incident in reference with Terror Squad, however, is NOT fake. People always wonder why Fat Joe and Jay-Z had beef...it's cuz Fat Joe BEEEN had beef wit Jay over some stuff that went down between Jay and Pun...I heard Cuban Linx expand on it...
Apparently, Pun and Jay were both booked for a few shows. This was back in like 98. Jay backed out of the shows though and when they had the meeting to talk about it, Pun smacked Jay and chased him around the room they was in.
That's from Cuban himself, who apparently, was in the room. Look, I like Jay...I really do...But dudes think cuz his name is Hov, he walks on water. He hasn't had a memorable album in about 6 years...

Also the reason why Jay was too scared to show up at Rucker for the championship

BEING FROM BROOKLYN I ALWAYS SAID JAY WON AUTOMATICALLY... BUT I LISTEN TO ETHER ONCE OR TWICE A YR ALONG WITH TAKEOVER BACK TO BACK... WHILE TAKEOVER AT THE TIME WAS THE SUPERIOR RECORD ETHER I THINK HAS A DWINDLING QUALITY THAT CANNOT BE SUPPRESSED....

THE ETHER IS WHAT IT IS.. MAKES YOUR SOUL BURN SLOW...

ROCAFELLA ALMOST WENT INTO SHOCK AFTER ETHER DROPPED..... ASK BLEEK BEANS AND JAY WHEN THEY HEARD THAT FOR THE FIRST TIME... SOMEBODY FIND THE VIDEO....

Cam'ron - hate me now freestyle killed nas entire credibility with me more so than hov.

Because Cam was already a lame by trying to come at someone's adolescent daughter like that.

yo is that interview with Angie Martinez real?
Yes it is. I heard it live. It was much worse than that cuz Jay was up there for a bit longer than that and he couldn't even compose and gather himself after commercial break. He stayed for like 20 min, first all shook, mind you it's like he stepped in the room right after Angie declared Nas the winner after some votes tallied since a day or two before. All he could say was wow and then after the break he was praising Ether talking about the impact of it while still stuttering and stammering.

After he left Angie was like what the **** was that? :lol: Said she never saw Jay like that.

Last edited:

Stillmatic Freestyle - The ocean called, they're running out of shrimp
Take Over - Well, The jerk store called, they're running out of you
Ether - Whats the difference, you're their all time bestseller
Superugly - Well, I had sex with your wife

Yes, because nas finds him to be a threat :lol:

:stoneface:

:lol: @ dipset problem.

Cam'ron scares nobody.......ok, maybe mase.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom