Discuss so is The Game's Documentary a classic??

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Hard to say...

Part of me says yes because of the overall sound and the product itself being timeless. But in my opinion the album drags towards the end, couple of filler tracks that could've been left off.

This is just me, but only track I can see as a filler is "Special" with Nate Dogg, but I thought it meshed with the album nonetheless.

Like other great albums, there's the really great songs that we'll replay more than the rest, but it doesn't mean the rest aren't solid.

Obviously, I wouldn't compare it to an Illmatic or RD, but as far as a new-age classic (College Dropout, The Listening, etc.) it's as good as it gets.

I'd give it a nod.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Hard to say...

Part of me says yes because of the overall sound and the product itself being timeless. But in my opinion the album drags towards the end, couple of filler tracks that could've been left off.

This is just me, but only track I can see as a filler is "Special" with Nate Dogg, but I thought it meshed with the album nonetheless.

Like other great albums, there's the really great songs that we'll replay more than the rest, but it doesn't mean the rest aren't solid.

Obviously, I wouldn't compare it to an Illmatic or RD, but as far as a new-age classic (College Dropout, The Listening, etc.) it's as good as it gets.

I'd give it a nod.

Most def a classic, just the production alone on the album is "classic"

Hopefully he comes through with a second classic album.

Most def a classic, just the production alone on the album is "classic"

Hopefully he comes through with a second classic album.

only filler track was Special. other than that documentary and DA are def classics. LAX was pretty damn good too. RED album should be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

only filler track was Special. other than that documentary and DA are def classics. LAX was pretty damn good too. RED album should be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

50 cent 2nd best album, he really put alot into those singles and street tracks, without 50 this album is blah. but to answer your question yes this is a classic album!!!!

50 cent 2nd best album, he really put alot into those singles and street tracks, without 50 this album is blah. but to answer your question yes this is a classic album!!!!

I think so. The Game put out a banger with that one. Even if he did have help with 50. It is what it is.

That album sounds great in a system.

I think so. The Game put out a banger with that one. Even if he did have help with 50. It is what it is.

That album sounds great in a system.

Absolutely not.  He had alot of bangers on it, but that's about. 

just the production alone on the album is "classic"

If Game didn't rhyme on the tracks then I would say that The Documentary is a classic, but unfortunately he did so the classic label gets taken away from this album.

Absolutely not.  He had alot of bangers on it, but that's about. 

just the production alone on the album is "classic"

If Game didn't rhyme on the tracks then I would say that The Documentary is a classic, but unfortunately he did so the classic label gets taken away from this album.

Back
Top Bottom