DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

Star Wars Land to Open in 2019

Disney is planning something big to mark the conclusion of the current Star Wars trilogy. How big? The size of a theme park.

On a call with investors, Disney CEO Bob Iger on Tuesday revealed that the 14-acre Star Wars Land attraction at Walt Disney World in Orlando will open in 2019, the same year as Star Wars Episode IX, the final chapter in the current "Skywalker Saga" arc of the beloved space opera.

Construction started on the Hollywood Studios attraction last April, following its August 2015 announcement. Until Iger's statement on Tuesday, Disney had remained quiet about the attraction — which will be paired with a similar one in Disneyland Anaheim — beyond the release of concept artwork last summer. While it's still unconfirmed just what the attraction will include, a Disney Parks blog post promised "guests will get the opportunity to pilot the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy" after climbing on board a full-size replica of the Millennium Falcon.

That wasn't the only Star Wars information Iger dropped during Tuesday's call; the exec also revealed that he's already seen Star Wars: The Last Jedi ahead of its December release, telling investors that Rian Johnson's follow-up to 2015's Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be a great next installment to the Skywalker story.

Iger also teased the upcoming Avatar attraction, saying, "This is a very big land with unique design and architecture that really does make you feel like you're in Pandora."

Between this and Mario Land over at Universal, Florida theme parks fittin to be winnin even more.

So DL star wars land is also projected for 2019? Its been under construction for a year already.

Sounds like it, I was still hoping it would have been 2018 though but with GotG ride and hopefully them actually doing something to the DCA here would keep us occupied for the time being.

Nintendo-Land is coming Universal here in CA too, I am wondering when they'll start work on it though? I kind of wish it isn't a working studio though so they can focus more on the theme park and just expand, expand, expand. Or at least separate some of those sound studios farther away since space is very limited in the location here.

hope it's not true, I mean as a current AP member it seems like it won't affect me but I am always trying to encourage people to buy AP because of the monthly payment plan

seems like they'll lose plenty of business if they remove that option

Ita not like Im going to be AP holder again... 3 years ago passes with no blackout was $750... Now its at $1089... even with a monthly payment option, for a family of 4, Im looking at $320 or so a month... Thats a lot... lol I'd rather get the 3 day park hopper militry through my friend or bro in law for $180 or something like that... I must say that the monthly makes it more "affordable" to go.

hope it's not true, I mean as a current AP member it seems like it won't affect me but I am always trying to encourage people to buy AP because of the monthly payment plan

seems like they'll lose plenty of business if they remove that option

Ita not like Im going to be AP holder again... 3 years ago passes with no blackout was $750... Now its at $1089... even with a monthly payment option, for a family of 4, Im looking at $320 or so a month... Thats a lot... lol I'd rather get the 3 day park hopper militry through my friend or bro in law for $180 or something like that... I must say that the monthly makes it more "affordable" to go.

It definitely makes a difference and it's always a nice option.

To those who has a family or anyone that already decided the prices were too high, they are pretty much a lost cause to them whether they remove the option or not, it won't make a difference.

But to those who are on the fence or even just wants to go to the park, it becomes an option. Park price vary from $95 to $120 and that isn't even a ark hopper. SoCal Resident deal is good though but last time you can buy them Mar 22 so don't wait too long if you want to take advantage of that deal.

The SoCal Select is $330 and $19.50/month (after the $95 downpayment). To most this is good enough, I don't really Sig+ because I don't really need the no blackout dates option.

If I were Disney and as a theme park owner, that is money on pockets for the next 12 months whether the attendant comes once or 10 times. I also assume many AP holders out there do not even go more than enough to the park to warrant the AP deal. And when APs do come to the park, that is where they capitalize by overcharging on parking, food and merch.

It also becomes a more attractive option in comparison to their competition Universal Studios. Yes their lowest AP is cheap at ~$130 but the higher tiers $590 without a monthly option. Even the tier below that is $290 then the SoCal Select at $95 + $20 payments looks more appealing and I would opt for Disneyland as there are way more things to do there and it isn't a huge burden right away.

The monthly payment option just gives those who wants an AP but can't necessarily put out a couple of hundreds on the spot.

It definitely makes a difference and it's always a nice option.

To those who has a family or anyone that already decided the prices were too high, they are pretty much a lost cause to them whether they remove the option or not, it won't make a difference.

But to those who are on the fence or even just wants to go to the park, it becomes an option. Park price vary from $95 to $120 and that isn't even a ark hopper. SoCal Resident deal is good though but last time you can buy them Mar 22 so don't wait too long if you want to take advantage of that deal.

The SoCal Select is $330 and $19.50/month (after the $95 downpayment). To most this is good enough, I don't really Sig+ because I don't really need the no blackout dates option.

If I were Disney and as a theme park owner, that is money on pockets for the next 12 months whether the attendant comes once or 10 times. I also assume many AP holders out there do not even go more than enough to the park to warrant the AP deal. And when APs do come to the park, that is where they capitalize by overcharging on parking, food and merch.

It also becomes a more attractive option in comparison to their competition Universal Studios. Yes their lowest AP is cheap at ~$130 but the higher tiers $590 without a monthly option. Even the tier below that is $290 then the SoCal Select at $95 + $20 payments looks more appealing and I would opt for Disneyland as there are way more things to do there and it isn't a huge burden right away.

The monthly payment option just gives those who wants an AP but can't necessarily put out a couple of hundreds on the spot.

Yeah I wish lower passes would work for us but both me n my wife works M-F job. Plus my with kid in school, only summer time and other school breaks are the only time we could go so signature is pretty much my option... When i had AP, we went at least 15 times lol every 3 day weekend we'll be there hahaha.

That's when the APs free parking becomes a must, that equals to about close to $300 on parking alone with that much visits.

That's when the APs free parking becomes a must, that equals to about close to $300 on parking alone with that much visits.

Yep thats why I didnt get anything lower than the highest. When the split it to signature and signature plus, decided not to renew since i got a new born then and I knew we wouldnt make use of the pass as much...

Effective tomorrow (Feb 12) so buy your tickets in advance now I guess if you want to save a few bucks.

I can't even imagine what these prices will look like once Star Wars opens in 2019.

DISNEYLAND INCREASES PRICES ON SINGLE-DAY TICKETS, SOME ANNUAL PASSES

One park tickets
Value: increase from $95 to $97
Regular: increase from $105 to $110
Peak: increase from $119 to $124

Park hopper tickets
Value: increase from $155 to $157
Regular: increase from $160 to $165
Peak: increase from $169 to $174

In addition to the single-day prices, the SoCal Select, SoCal and Deluxe annual passes will increase between $10 and $20.

The SoCal Select and SoCal passes will increase by $10 each: from $329 to $339 for select and $459 to $469 for SoCal. Deluxe passes will increase from $599 to $619.

Prices for the Signature, Signature Plus and Premiere Passport passes will not change.

BREAKING: Walt Disney World Ticket and Annual Pass Price Increases Announced

Disney last year introduced seasonal one-day ticket pricing, with three tiers based on time of year. For most Disney theme parks, mid-tier tickets will cost $107, up from $102. Peak season tickets – generally for spring break, summer and Christmas break – will cost $119, up from $114. A one-day visit during the least-popular value days will cost $99, up from $97.

The Magic Kingdom has a premium tacked on to its admission. Prices will rise for value and regular seasons, but the peak price will remain unchanged at $124. A mid-tier ticket will rise to $115 from $110.

Prices are for adults do not include tax. Tickets for children 3 to 9 will also become more expensive.

Annual-pass prices will also increase Sunday. Florida-resident gold passes with blockout dates during Christmas and spring break will cost $559, up from $549. Platinum passes with no blockout dates will cost $679, up from $649.

Prices for Disney tickets are typically raised each February, so this is nothing new.

Also starting Sunday: Visitors buying tickets online or on their phones can save $20 on Magic Your Way bundles from three to 10 days. All tickets will now have expiration dates starting Sunday, not just single-day tickets. The dates will vary.

The price of preferred parking, an option added last year, will will also rise to $40.

Disney is also eliminating the “water park fun and more” standalone option, which had combined admission to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon with a golfing outing or a visit to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Visitors can still get the combo with a park hopper ticket.

View media item 2333954

Step into Blockbuster Super Hero Stories at Disney California Adventure Park! Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Opens May 27 with Summer of Heroes and All-New Epic Experiences

Disney California Adventure park will soon be the destination for adventure, intrigue and triumph as recruits from around the world – like you – join forces with legendary Super Heroes in an ever-expanding universe of stories that will grow even bigger over time. This summer, we are kicking off the action with the May 27 grand opening of the thrilling, rocking attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!

View media item 2333955
This new adventure blasts you straight into the “Guardians of the Galaxy” story for the first time ever, alongside characters from the blockbuster films and comics. As you help Rocket bust his pals out of the Collector’s Fortress, you will experience randomized ride experiences complete with all-new visual and audio effects and music inspired by the popular film soundtracks. You never know which adventure you will get!

There will be even more ways to step into Super Hero stories with Summer of Heroes, May 27 through September 10. Answer the call for this limited-time celebration as you join the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy for all-new epic experiences.

Summer of Heroes will launch these new, year-round experiences:

- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Don’t be surprised if you run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!

- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! You can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

And for a limited time, step up to the challenge with new adventures during Summer of Heroes:

- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.

- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.

- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – All that heroism making you hungry? Want a token as proof of your adventures when you get home? Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.

The summer brings even more to get excited about over at Disneyland park as classic favorites return with the reopening of the Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions, with the “Fantasmic!” nighttime spectacular returning later in the summer. We’ll have opening dates to share soon for these attractions. And don’t miss your chance to see the classic Main Street Electrical Parade during its limited-time run at Disneyland park through June 18.

#HeroUp at Disney California Adventure park with Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and Summer of Heroes, beginning May 27!

Last edited:
Prices for the Signature, Signature Plus and Premiere Passport passes will not change.

21gr1.gif

Last edited:
The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is coming up again in just a couple weeks, and today the Disneyland Resort revealed more information about what guests can expect during the month-long event in Southern California.

The festival offers over a dozen marketplace kiosks with delicious food and beverages, such as:

Nuts About Cheese – Discover wine’s best friends.

Uncork California – Wine in flights and by the glass.

I Heart Artichokes – The thistle prepared 3 ways.

Garlic Kissed – Savory heat and an ice cream treat.

California Craft Brews – The best from local breweries.

Olive Us – Get a side of soup with your martini.

Bacon Twist – Because bacon is always on your mind.

Lemon Grove – Citrusy refreshment in every offering.

Seafood…Sustained – A better way to fresh flavor.

The Onion Lair – Kicky dishes and cool beverages.

Off the Cob – The essence of summer’s sweetness.

Sweet & Sourdough – The classic California staff of life.

LAStyle – Favorite southland food truck flavors.

Wineology – Taste wine and sangria by the glass.

The Brewhouse – Craft beers and beer cocktails.

Checkout the full menu at: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/di...re/food-and-wine-festival-marketplaces/menus/

Pirates of the Caribbean turns 50 this week at Disneyland

Fifty years ago this week, the Pirates of The Caribbean ride opened at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, and five decades later it remains one of the theme park’s most popular classic attractions.

To celebrate the ride’s first half-century, Disneyland is hosting a three-day celebration that will begin Thursday with pirate-themed food items for sale, themed entertainment, limited-edition merchandise and special appearances.

When Pirates opened on March 18, 1967, it featured the latest in audio-animatronic technology. It was also the last attraction personally supervised by Walt Disney, who passed away three months before it opened following a brief battle with lung cancer.

Since then, more than 400 million people have ridden the boat ride down the dark rapids, through spooky caverns and past the shores of Puerto Dorado, where drunken pirates shop for brides and ultimately set the city on town on fire.

On Thursday, March 16, several new food items will be introduced at the restaurants that surround the subterranean ride in New Orleans Square. They include buccaneer pulled pork sandwich, Jolly Roger punch and Calypso’s Caribbean chicken stew.

On Friday, live entertainment will be offered in the Square by the Boostrappers and Lucky the Pirate.

And on Saturday, expanded entertainment will include a visit by Captain Jack Sparrow. There will also be anniversary merchandise for sale and Pirate Speak! collectible cards for those who want to talk like a pirate.

The anniversary arrives while the three-day ticket special is still available to Southern California residents. Through May 22, residents in ZIP codes 90000 to 93599 can buy a three-day, 1-park-per-day pass for $149.

And for foodies who aren’t interested in pirate fare, diners can cross over to Disney California Adventure theme park, where its annual Food & Wine Festival is underway through April 16.

The monthlong festival includes culinary demonstrations by celebrity chefs (Guy Fieri, Robert Irvine, Cat Cora, Duff Goldman, Emily Ellyn and Keegan Gerhard), culinary demonstrations, more than a dozen marketplaces around the park offering food, wine and beer tastings. And for children there will be live entertainment and a “junior chef experience” program led by Goofy. A full schedule is online.

Want to know more about the Pirates ride? Here are some little-known Disney fun facts:

Pirates of the Caribbean was originally envisioned as a New Orleans-themed Blue Bayou Mart featuring a pirate wax museum, housed in a 70-foot deep basement. The basement now serves as the grotto section of the attraction.

Pirates of the Caribbean was loosely inspired by films like “Captain Blood,” “The Sea Hawk” and “The Buccaneer,” plus Disney’s “Treasure Island,” “Kidnapped” and “Swiss Family Robinson.”

It cost $15 million to build New Orleans Square, the home for Pirates of the Caribbean, which is the same price the United States paid for the real New Orleans in the Louisiana Purchase of 1803.

The facade for Pirates was partly inspired by the Cabildo building in Jackson Square in New Orleans, which was the seat of the Spanish colonial government in 1799.

Guests ride through the attraction in a 1,838-foot canal.

Approximately 120 animated characters (human characters plus nine different types of animated animals) are featured on the ride.

Disney Imagineer X Atencio, who wrote the attraction’s memorable tune, “Yo-Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me),” is the voice of the Jolly Roger skull and crossbones, seen just before guests plunge down the waterfalls.

In the lyrics of the song “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me),” the phrase “Yo Ho” is uttered 18 times.

Guests ride through the attraction for approximately 15 minutes, on one of the longest rides at Disneyland Resort.

In 1997, Pirates of the Caribbean won the Thea Classic Award from the Themed Entertainment Association. The Thea Classic Award is given to an outstanding “compelling place and experience” which has been in operation for a minimum of 20 years.

Disney’s “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie series, which breathed new life into the ride with the addition of the popular character Captain Jack Sparrow, returns this year with a fifth installment, “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.”

Approximately 400,000 pieces of gold coins and set pieces were added to the attraction during a long refurbishment in 2006 when some of the film characters were added to the story.The Aztec pirate chest used in the first “Pirates of the Caribbean” film.

I want to go back to the Food & Wine Fest, food supposedly slightly cheaper and slightly bigger servings with more choices.

that's good. the serving sizes last year were definitely too small for the price.

if you wanted to fill up it was gonna cost you $75 :lol:

Step into Blockbuster Super Hero Stories at Disney California Adventure Park! Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Opens May 27 with Summer of Heroes and All-New Epic Experiences

Disney California Adventure park will soon be the destination for adventure, intrigue and triumph as recruits from around the world – like you – join forces with legendary Super Heroes in an ever-expanding universe of stories that will grow even bigger over time. This summer, we are kicking off the action with the May 27 grand opening of the thrilling, rocking attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!

This new adventure blasts you straight into the “Guardians of the Galaxy” story for the first time ever, alongside characters from the blockbuster films and comics. As you help Rocket bust his pals out of the Collector’s Fortress, you will experience randomized ride experiences complete with all-new visual and audio effects and music inspired by the popular film soundtracks. You never know which adventure you will get!

There will be even more ways to step into Super Hero stories with Summer of Heroes, May 27 through September 10. Answer the call for this limited-time celebration as you join the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy for all-new epic experiences.

Summer of Heroes will launch these new, year-round experiences:

- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Don’t be surprised if you run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!

- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! You can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

And for a limited time, step up to the challenge with new adventures during Summer of Heroes:

- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.

- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.

- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – All that heroism making you hungry? Want a token as proof of your adventures when you get home? Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.

The summer brings even more to get excited about over at Disneyland park as classic favorites return with the reopening of the Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions, with the “Fantasmic!” nighttime spectacular returning later in the summer. We’ll have opening dates to share soon for these attractions. And don’t miss your chance to see the classic Main Street Electrical Parade during its limited-time run at Disneyland park through June 18.

#HeroUp at Disney California Adventure park with Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and Summer of Heroes, beginning May 27!
wait is that the tower of terror!?!? they got rid of it? 
sick.gif

A Treasure Trove of Delicious Pirate Fare

Starting March 16, a special offering of food and beverages can be purchased at the park. According to Disneyland, guests can "feast upon special, pirate-themed food at French Market Restaurant, Mint Julep Bar, Harbour Galley, Royal Street Veranda, Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou Restaurant." The Blue Bayou also celebrates its 50th anniversary on March 18. Some of the special items will even be dusted in gold! Food items will include:

-Golden Churro: Gold-dusted churro
-Lost Treasure Beignets: Lemon-flavored beignets with gold shimmer dust
-Buccaneer Pulled Pork Sandwich: Jerk-spiced pork, sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, pineapple Caribbean-style slaw, and fried yucca
-Jolly Roger Punch: Spiced tropical juices with hints of pineapple, orange, and mango
-Calypso's Caribbean Chicken Stew: Caribbean-seasoned chicken stewed with onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, potatoes, and yucca

Pirate-Themed Events

New Orleans Square will celebrate the anniversary with live entertainment by the Bootstrappers and the Lucky Pirate on March 17, and on March 18, Captain Sparrow himself is due to make an appearance.

Limited-Edition Merchandise Will Be on Sale

Fans can buy limited-edition, anniversary merchandise in New Orleans Square and can get Pirate Speak! collectible cards for anyone who wishes to talk like a pirate.

The celebration only lasts March 16-18, so don't miss it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom