Do anybody now a days want to be in a committed relationship anymore??

Like I said my man, it might not pertain to you, sounds like draw your tales from positive experiences, an inner awakening and self actualization. All i'm saying is be wary of the messenger (and be realistic).

The cook, clean, massage and empathetic traits matter to me, as i'm Jamaican, it's just not always gravy on the other side of that. Matter of fact those things are base for me, if you can't, you don't even get beyond a certain level, but i've met American women who do all that. Southern ones especially.

Last edited:
Yes. Committed relationships are awesome when you find the right one. Finding that right one is where things get tricky.

iCEx9LVacALuW.gif

Captain Save'em to the rescue
I've only been on NT for a short time, but if there's anything that NT does well, it's the right GIF at the right time in the right place.

Love you fools.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
What I will uphold until the close of this thread is that, US women are not putting all their chips in because they feel they don't have to.. don't get into a commitment with someone who ain't invested. Chicks from abroad are fully invested in the american dream.. from their finances to their men. Now if you value yourself as a penny stock then sure... yo chick doesn't need to cook for you, she doesn't need to get her massage game down, she doesn't need to be able to talk about current events, or business, or politics. But I value myself highly, share price is gonna be a little bit higher than teddys and mass.

Only reason i bothered to still defend my post is because I respect you in the NT community from what ive seen. and im sure a lot of others do too. i don't want them to see your post and dismiss the truth. which is yes all women are ruled by emotion.. it is the water under the boat. If the emotions go overboard the boat is gonna sink. But attitude is the wind behind the sails. (word to Elijah Diggins). Most modern women's attitudes can be stormy and have **** heading south with the quickness, then you find yourself with the 3rd, 4th,..... 9th chick that you have "cut off". If you want to enjoy a light breezy voyage, get your money right and get a chick that's raised right. From my experience MOST 1st and mayyybe 2nd generation foreigners are raised to show respect. They don't call Americans rude for nothing.

You aint neva lied :smokin

Dont know how old you are but you got the wisdom of a 60 year old. All of this facts.

Hell I have noticed a lot of these differences just as a first generation raised in America. Sisters have too. And Im sure my brothers will come around.

Last edited:
Same dudes in here that live in their feelings & stay letting the bitterness flow on here got the most advice regarding women, funny to me.

This is crazy...

How can you be mad your chick said "good morning" though?

I've dates African chicks... It's all cool till they call you 73 times in a day and you can't breathe without her ...

Y'all need to stop putting yambs on a pedal stool in general though...

Talking about chicks don't want a relationship... The hell??

Stop searching for a relationship... Be the best man you can be ans that stuff will comes

Man, a lot of dudes be fronting.

They act like they don't want a relationship, but the moment a nice looking chick with a good personality gives them play, they lock it down.

All that means is you wanted one the whole time, but the girls that were digging you were not wifey material.

I'll ignore the fact that a significant portion of what you are saying involves generalizing women. 

The one valid point you do hit on is the idea that respect should go both ways in a relationship. Yes, that should be obvious. However, the person that I quoted was saying that his significant other was disrespecting him because she wouldn't wake up and cook breakfast at 5:45 in the morning while a non-American woman would. Without any context, that sounds like whiny man-child mentality. 

Also, I have no idea what you're trying to describe in most of your post. Is that what you think every relationship is like for men? I swear, a lot of people on here need to start self reflecting or being more selective about who they date. 

Last edited:
SMH. The generalizations in this thread is hideous. 

I hope all those who want a woman to cook, clean, massage, say "how high?" when you say jump are treating their woman like a queen as well. What grinds my gears is when I hear dudes say they want all that, yet they bring nothing to the table themselves. Can't have demands when you can't hold down the responsibilities of being the "man of the house". 

That was just one example of many things a woman can do to bring something to the table in a relationship. Some men enjoy cooking for themselves. The point still stands that men out here paying for everything the vast majority of the time, providing emotional support for problems we could give two ***** about, etc and are getting relatively little in return, especially compared to what foreign women are bringing to the table.

But for some guys the sex is enough. Because the west has tricked itself into thinking that sex is an act that women let you do to them as if they dont enjoy it themselves.

I'll ignore the fact that a significant portion of what you are saying involves generalizing women. 

The one valid point you do hit on is the idea that respect should go both ways in a relationship. Yes, that should be obvious. However, the person that I quoted was saying that his significant other was disrespecting him because she wouldn't wake up and cook breakfast at 5:45 in the morning while a non-American woman would. Without any context, that sounds like whiny man-child mentality. 

Also, I have no idea what you're trying to describe in most of your post. Is that what you think every relationship is like for men? I swear, a lot of people on here need to start self reflecting or being more selective about who they date. 
The reason there is a thread "saying no one wants to be committed", a thread saying "is the dating pool dry", and a thread saying "i don't think, im ever getting married bruhs" a thread saying "some dude went all the way to china chasing a chick" all running simultaneously alongside the TAY suggest that people are having some trouble in the grand scheme of dating finding the type of people they want or trust to commit to. Maybe not every relationship is like this but enough are one sided to make people frustrated.

Those who are frustrated with their results then tend to generalize. That's a mistake i'm guilty of along with a lot of others. That's just the way it goes. A lot of people out there are jaded which exacerbates the issue. I gave some generalizations that boiled down to " chicks raised right have good relationships and all the chicks i've dated that we're foreign showed those traits" Unfortunately, there was a comment about breakfast being cooked that detracted from the core of that.  Mark said southern women are respectful too. My first girlfriend was from North Carolina and definitely showed those traits as well, but I was too young to be tied down at the time. Generalizing can save a lot of time for some people, and i was just trying to help those people.

i apologize for not cautioning that there are bad apples no matter where you go and golden apples can be found if you search long enough. I couldn't describe everything that men get taken for granted on so i threw out a couple examples, i could think of off the top of the head to illustrate.

I'm done here .To wrap this back to the OPs question.

Do people want committed relationships? yes

Are men finding women to commit to? generally no, at least out in the western US.

where are they? Coming from good parenting. 

How do i check? it shouldbe evident. Thanks to social media and the changing of the times you might not meet parents for a long time.

If you can't tell.. don't commit.

Is marriage worth it? Entirely based on the person. You can't put a price on love. If you want to try to.. then NO.

Last edited:
I hear dudes talk a lot about "what she brings to the table"

Aside from hard D and a wallet... What do you bring to the table...

It it takes you more than 30 seconds to answer then you should really reconsider what type of woman you expect to attract

It it takes you more than 30 seconds to answer then you should really reconsider what type of woman you expect to attract

Took me a half a second to list just 5 things. Wasnt even trying.

Rick how would you answer that question? No troll

I'm an ever evolving person, so being with me will only have you experiencing new things..

I also look at my self as a motivator. Chicks I've been with seem to ascend at work, or in school because I'm very encouraging and put things in perspective.

And finally, I try my hardest to listen intently and give feedback... Office stories? Hair stories? Club stories?

I legitimately listen

"Women are the gatekeepers to sex. Men are the gatekeepers to commitment."

Then list them

Lifetime of fun and adventure
Intelligent conversation
Show you things (cultures, art, etc) you aint never seen before. And I aint talking tourist attractions either. I could take her places they dont show on TV.
I can cook for her just as much as she can cook for me
Drive. I want to be the best I can be and I motivate others around me to do the same

That doesnt even include the conventional **** like laughter or respect or any of that because I would hope you are getting that from whoever you are dating regardless.

Any one of those things would be more than any western girl has done for me. Not saying that there arent western girls who cant do something of equal value. I am saying I havent found any.

Back
Top Bottom