Do you ever go to the movies or out to eat by yourself?

Never done it but not opposed to it

Heard going to a concert dolo was a different kind of experience too

Went to a concert alone once

It was pretty awkward and boring and I was on my phone like crazy

I eventually wound up making a few friends though

Started going to movies solo 3-4 years ago. At first I was really self conscious thinking everybody lookin at me, judging me.
After 2-3 times it was straight butta. Not a care in the world. I get sucked in the movie more
Now when I go with someone I find it hard to enjoy the movie as much/people always commenting
So I always go solo

As for eating solo I only do it when I travel solo.

I dont think I could go solo to a concert though

Last edited:
once you realize that no one cares enough to judge a stranger for doing things alone its really not that big of a deal. doing things alone > doing things with someone that you're not really good friends with just for the sake of not being alone

I like catching Matinees for movies I know nobody else would be interested in. Too many hungry chicks in this world to ever have to eat alone tho.

I had a 3hr gap between classes before. Was too lazy to drive all the way home then drive all the way back so I would go catch a movie every Tuesday by myself. On Thursday I would either go eat or bum around the campus or mall.

I'm an only child tho so I'm comfortable rocking dolo

Movies alone is great splurge on extras like icee and all the food sit there laugh and don't deal with dumb kids talking through out the whole movie. But I go matinee since I have week day days off and my girl works.

I would eat alone depending on the place something upscale nah I need company.

Yep.

Never sat down in a restaurant by myself but I would..been alone to the movies,basketball games even a concert.

I've missed out on too much stuff trying to coordinate with associates/family (money or just flaking) so it's all solo everything :pimp:

I could roll with females to some these places but I don't want them to get the wrong idea. *shrug*

Last edited:
Things I actually like doing solo:

4. Smoking a doobie while driving alone at night :nthat:  ---- that fire mixed with a hot album and the stars to light the way home....

^^^^This here...

I hit the movies solo sum weekends too..

Last edited:
I will watch a movie by myself regularly, but I hate eating by myself. I'd rather get take out and eat at home than eat somewhere alone

I will watch a movie by myself regularly, but I hate eating by myself. I'd rather get take out and eat at home than eat somewhere alone
Im the exact opposite. I eat alone all the time but I hate going to the movies alone. I literally can't remember the last time I did it.

i think i might try going to the movies alone sometime this weekend

hate when the guy/girl im with is trying to make comments mid movie and im like

images

I said this in TAN, being scared to do things alone is EXTREMELY feminine.

that sure sounds like a misogynist point of view to me. wanting someone you know to talk to about something while doing something is not a "woman" thing.

Went to a Roots concert for self & had a great time vibe'n out.

Viewed plenty of movies by myself..

I'm actually at the bar right now by myself just chillin. I have a girlfriend & a handful of friends of 10+ Years, but I just like to do what I want when I want. This is MY world, y'all just live in it!

View media item 750526

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, y not. It's cool to be w/ people but sometimes you just don't feel like talking, at least for me.

Used to feel conscious watchin a movie by myself the first time. Now I don't care and have done it plenty of times.

I dont go out to eat much. I save money eating at home or food from work.

I go to the movies by myself all the time. Its just as fun as going with someone.

Back
Top Bottom