Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Breaking Bad is too beautiful to be watching on dvd in the year of our lord 2022.

Should’ve waited another 15 years for cheap blu rays.
I like the grainy image of dvd though. I own lots of 70s-80s movie DVD’s and it comes close to what vhs used to be.

No need to wait that long, blu-Ray discs have been in thrift stores for a while now just a buck or two higher than DVD’s. I recently picked up a few for $2 each (color of the week sale) 👍
E73C8D31-9D0C-429B-B549-F636E14F0899.jpeg

We’ve played ourselves with all this cord cutting. With the price of internet and all these streaming services we’ve probably easily passed cable now.
Yeah, I kinda saw it coming. My sister had just Netflix and now a few years later she has a few more. I hate those games so I’d rather pop in a disc. Even if I don’t finish the series I can come back to it whenever I like, better than forcefully binge watching before it goes away.

They’re doing that with video games too. Pretty soon there will be no discs or cartridges for sale, only downloads.

We’ve played ourselves with all this cord cutting. With the price of internet and all these streaming services we’ve probably easily passed cable now.
Fr, especially since prices for streaming service are going up. Saw on my bank account that netflix is now $15 :sick: About to cop a few hard drives and get back on da Pirate Bay :smokin

Fr, especially since prices for streaming service are going up. Saw on my bank account that netflix is now $15 :sick: About to cop a few hard drives and get back on da Pirate Bay :smokin
I really wish I could cut Netflix but the wife uses it too much. They’ve gotten way outta hand with lost major titles and increasing prices

we do that with Disney + and paramount.

We got Netflix cause Netflix is the original share stream. Try finding someone who watches Netflix who isn’t on someone’s shared account already or who doesn’t already have someone they’re sharing with.

Damb near no one.

Yeah, I kinda saw it coming. My sister had just Netflix and now a few years later she has a few more. I hate those games so I’d rather pop in a disc. Even if I don’t finish the series I can come back to it whenever I like, better than forcefully binge watching before it goes away.

They’re doing that with video games too. Pretty soon there will be no discs or cartridges for sale, only downloads.
That's the new business model every company is trying to push because of greed. You own nothing. Everything is subscription based :smh:

People need to start being vocal about this.

Car companies are trying to push that too. Subscription for heated seats

Those of you with sensitive skin upset about heated seats

Dukes like me who never even had that in a car just sitting here like ???

Well it sucks because if you do end up getting one that has the heated seats in it, you won’t be able to use something in which you already paid for the equipment unless you subscribe to it. Unless you custom order the car from the dealer or get lucky to find a model that doesn’t have them, you’re screwed.

Those of you with sensitive skin upset about heated seats

Dukes like me who never even had that in a car just sitting here like ???

I think you're missing the point. They are starting to charge monthly fees to use features already built into the car. Like automatic headlights/cruise control. Toyota has one for remote start with 2018 and later models, BMW tried to do $80 per year for CarPlay.

Bottom line after a certain point people won't actually own the thing they paid for. Appliances, TVs, cars etc. You'll been charged monthly/yearly or you'll lose features/functions.

I think you're missing the point. They are starting to charge monthly fees to use features already built into the car. Like automatic headlights/cruise control. Toyota has one for remote start with 2018 and later models, BMW tried to do $80 per year for CarPlay.

Bottom line after a certain point people won't actually own the thing they paid for. Appliances, TVs, cars etc. You'll been charged monthly/yearly or you'll lose features/functions.
No I got the point. The slight counter point I’m trying to make is that these are all luxury features.. maybe I’m in the minority but I wouldn’t pay monthly for remote start, car play, or heated seats. Or even up to a package specifically for those features.

That’s crazy, man. I’m cool in my regular old car with car keys, no seat warmers and squeaky suspension. At least I don’t make payments so I’m happy about that 😎
My next vehicle will be a newer or brand new Tacoma and I’m ridin that mf to 300k+ or until the wheels fall off.

Back
Top Bottom