Do you look into people's eyes when you're talking to them

Nope I look straight into people's eyes.

Lemme see that soul b

how do I know when to fire if I not looking for the whites of their eyes?

For me it really depends on the conversation.
If it's something serious yes. If I'm being told directions or taking in some sort of information I'll look away slightly lower and to the left of the persons chin. If I'm trying to be descriptive to a person or explain information to them I'm Most likely looking above the persons head and intermitdly checking back for eye contact as I speak.
If I'm talking to a crowd....forget about it

Last edited:
I can't look liars in the eye. I do it when it's serious, but I look away often. If I don't respect you I can't make eye contact with you.

Also can't really look a girl I have feelings for in the eye for a long period of time if I have a girlfriend. Because I'll give them that awkward gaze where I think they're beautiful and they can feel my machismo or whatever lol I'm really trying to be loyal to my girl

Last edited:
RVic9Vj.gif

I do out of respect for who im conversing with, and because of the implications of not doing so in a given situation. But if it wasn't a social expectation in this country I would do it a lot less.

Last edited:
I think like everything in life moderation is the key. When I begin a conversation or greet someone of course. If it's long convo it gets weird if there is no breakage of eye contact. I mean looking at the ground is not the move but if I gotta have an optical showdown with someone to show respect you can SMD. Like I said it is needed but some people be overdoing it. Then you''re borderline disrespecting me as a man looking at me too long dead in the eyes. But for the ladies it's all gravy baby..

i do it alot when i talk to women that i feel are attractive, i find it makes them very shy and pretty much breaks down a very confident chick to a blushing teenager.

if im talking to a dude at the gas station i aint about to have a stare off lol, but when in professional settings yeah its respectful

it depends if know you like me and youre a member of the same sexs I occasioanly glance but not a DEATH stare, certainly don't want to SEND a MIXED signal. but everyone else i look at them why not

Look at peoples nose instead of the eye if your not really interested in the conversation but you just want to be respectful and show your confidence.. They can not tell if your looking them in their eyes or nose..

I hate it when people don't make eye contact when your talking to them.

Look at peoples nose instead of the eye if your not really interested in the conversation but you just want to be respectful and show your confidence.. They can not tell if your looking them in their eyes or nose..

I hate it when people don't make eye contact when your talking to them.

You can definitely tell if someone is not looking at you!

In my career field, situational awareness is important. So focusing at your eyes is not a priority for me. :lol:

I make constant eye contact, but I find when I'm thinking about what I want to say I'll look past the person's head, and then back into their eyes when I'm ready to answer. Find myself doing this often in job interviews and academic settings. But for the most part, eye contact is crucial and I think it shows confidence.

Always make eye contact. The only ones I don't do that with are people I dislike. They don't deserve to get the respect that comes with acknowledging thier existence.

And never stare glance at there eyes then look elsewhere. And fellas never look down you look like children.

Sometimes, mostly not but I should more, I squint and giggle.

I grew up a shy kid and only recently got out of that mold, so I have to consciously make the effort to make eye contact with folks. I do it more times than not now. I crush job interviews :pimp:

Last edited:
I do, like most of yall it would creep me out when I was younger. You practice it after a while and eventually it becomes natural, others break eye contact first.

the question is how do break eye contact..I tend to keep looking at the person while they speak even if they aren't looking at me lol

Back
Top Bottom