Do you socialize with co-workers outside of work?

I never offer any personal information and I'm not overtly friendly but strangely my coworkers feel comfortable confessing secrets to me :lol:

This seemingly square nerdy chick with two kids recently confessed she used to be a dominatrix who traveled around the world doing some sick **** :wow: I wouldn't have believed her but her website is still active :nerd:
Hook it up, mama.

Never..keep the 2 lives seperate.
When worlds collide, heads gon bump.
I go to work to get money and bring it home and break bread with my mans n' em.

Never..keep the 2 lives seperate.
When worlds collide, heads gon bump.
I go to work to get money and bring it home and break bread with my mans n' em.
Yep.. Except my closest circle is each individually winning so its a beautiful thing...

We don't break bread, we share harvest
nthat.gif

Last edited:
When I worked retail, I did. We did it to blow off steam and commiserate. It was therapy for us.

Old job, yes. New job, nah. Work environments are completely different. New job I'd like to keep it strictly professional, old we clowned odee with each other.

Yup. Most of us are in a corporate/big company setting and are in our 20's so we do tend to go to each other's bday parties, HH, etc. Work atmosphere definitely plays into this and if people in general are happy with their jobs.

I do but we are all in separate departments. So we chop it up throughout the day but we got different titles for the most part.for all the ***** and kiss ***** u meet at work u come across some cool *** dudes. One of my closest homies I met at a job I had back in 2010.

This is why I like the startup environment, especially when it's not so PC.

That sounds awesome though. Bowling + brews + baseball.

Yeah, it's all fun and games until the startup fails lol. Those perks are a nice distraction, but there are countless stories of startups that operated in those environments and nothing got done and they folded quick.

Nope. I mind my own business and keep to myself. Some of the dudes I work with are WAY too into gossiping and being dramatic. They love to exaggerate stories about people and start petty arguments about nothing. I'm not interested in that. They've invited me to hang out with them many times but I come up with a solid excuse EVERYTIME. I'm just not with the bs.

Man when I worked at Saks and Neimans. I'd be kicking it with the breezies at work, mess around and hit it. Every now and then. Today, not really I work with passive aggressive suckas. I mess working with women, these dudes act more emotional and soft than broads. I'm ready to swing on one, soon. 

Hell no. After one snitched on me at a retail job and got me fired awhile ago, I just keep to myself now.

I have at past jobs, but not at the one I'm at now, I'm the only black dude here unless the interns are around and I got no interest in kicking it with any of them.

Pretty much just keep to myself and stick to small talk.

When I was Navy, my boys were the guys I worked with. We get off work and go chase women. We spent atleast 90% of our days together and if we were on deployment we were all ways together.

I know I don't usually, but it depends. If they seem cool, then I would, but for me that **** is like a screening process 
laugh.gif
. If I pick up that a co worker likes to be chatty and too involved at work in bs, I don't talk to them about personal stuff. Hell, some past co workers at my job now share social media stuff and I don't add them as friends. F all that. I'm glad a lot of them aren't really hip to IG and other forms of social media outside of FB.

With the guys, yes. With the girls, no. Girls are quick to play the victim card in work situations so always want to protect myself by distancing myself from any potential repurcussions.

Case in point - My friend and this girl were cool/friends and talked a lot to each other at work (stopping by each other's desk etc). Normal stuff.

They got called into the manager's office cuz some old lady coworker complained about them talking too much/distracting others (nonsense complaint).

He starts laying out what the situation was. The girl right away blamed my friend and says "yeah, sometimes it is distracting because he comes over to talk to me so often. I can't get work done really."

Lol. My friend doesnt even try to defend himself cuz him and the manager are boys (unknown to her) and he knows dude just called em in so that he can say to other higher ups that the situation was handled.

They get outside the room and the girl start apologizing to my friend for throwing him under the bus.

That story + my own experiences definitely have me being much more wary of female coworkers.

I have, but I don't make a habit out of it.

If there was a guy that had similar interests, etc, and we're work equals, then yeah.

But I work with wimminz and older folks, so it's not even something hat I think about.

It's hard as hell finding friends/buddies outside of school.

How the hell do you make friends at concerts. Some if yall are just friendly.

I dont kick it wit any of my co workers- its coo enough bs'ing here and there throughout the day but i dont wana kick it wit you dawg. I used to chill wit coworkers back in the day but not anymore. Depends on how coo you are.

Nope. Women are too petty, dramatic, and gossipy. Also know of too many trying to sleep with fathers on the low.

Don't have respect for them

Back
Top Bottom