Do you think the XIs are overrated?

i feel like the XII's are better than the XI's to be honest..
but i dont think that theyre over rated tho..

many people just had the christmas cash to blow, and the target was the cool greys..

i feel like the XII's are better than the XI's to be honest..
but i dont think that theyre over rated tho..

many people just had the christmas cash to blow, and the target was the cool greys..

By far my favorite shoe. I don't think it's overrated as a shoe. It looks good, they are comfortable, it's practically a perfect shoe. What I think is ridiculous, is people's efforts trying to get the shoe and this newfound hype from younger kids now trying to get a pair. I remember when I got my first pair of XI's, and I looked at them and said to myself "so this is what I was waiting for?". I was excited to have it, but at the end of the day, it's only a shoe.

By far my favorite shoe. I don't think it's overrated as a shoe. It looks good, they are comfortable, it's practically a perfect shoe. What I think is ridiculous, is people's efforts trying to get the shoe and this newfound hype from younger kids now trying to get a pair. I remember when I got my first pair of XI's, and I looked at them and said to myself "so this is what I was waiting for?". I was excited to have it, but at the end of the day, it's only a shoe.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

1. The XIs don't come in blue/grey
2. The XIs come in a buncha colors... Blue/grey is not one of them unless you bought fakes.
3. He didn't...

Pretty sure hes referring to the '10 cool greys with the blue tinted soles when he says blue/grey XI's.

But with the thread topic, i agree with everyone who says they are overhyped but not overrated.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

1. The XIs don't come in blue/grey
2. The XIs come in a buncha colors... Blue/grey is not one of them unless you bought fakes.
3. He didn't...

Pretty sure hes referring to the '10 cool greys with the blue tinted soles when he says blue/grey XI's.

But with the thread topic, i agree with everyone who says they are overhyped but not overrated.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

No way sorry you didn't get your pair
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 His Fault
You guys must have tons of heat with your Cool Greys, Silver Annis, and Space jams!!!!!
indifferent.gif
You're right the Kobe VI "Grinch" are wayyy better than the Iconic XI's ... you win... 
sick.gif

I could post the pic of all my OG XI's, but I won't.  Nice pic of you with your "heat" silver anni's in your avy btw 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Dude, go ahead and post em.. Everyone on here likes to see OG XI's... post every pic you have...

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

No way sorry you didn't get your pair
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 His Fault
You guys must have tons of heat with your Cool Greys, Silver Annis, and Space jams!!!!!
indifferent.gif
You're right the Kobe VI "Grinch" are wayyy better than the Iconic XI's ... you win... 
sick.gif

I could post the pic of all my OG XI's, but I won't.  Nice pic of you with your "heat" silver anni's in your avy btw 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Dude, go ahead and post em.. Everyone on here likes to see OG XI's... post every pic you have...

Originally Posted by untouchable jc

Originally Posted by hella handsome

No. I think the III's are overrated.
Man u trippin'. Neither the III or the XI are overrated and are very well worth the hype.

Nah man, they're overrated. Half the people who like them only like them because of how hyped they are. 
I'd gladly take a pair of XI's over a pair of III's. The XI's could possibly be the GOAT sneaker. These shoes cause riots my dude. RIOTS. 

Man u trippin'. Neither the III or the XI are overrated and are very well worth the hype.

Nah man, they're overrated. Half the people who like them only like them because of how hyped they are. 
I'd gladly take a pair of XI's over a pair of III's. The XI's could possibly be the GOAT sneaker. These shoes cause riots my dude. RIOTS. 

You can say the same thing about the XIs that half the people who like them is because of hype, not the actual shoe. Just cuz you like the XIs better than the IIIs doesn't make the IIIs overrated man.

You can say the same thing about the XIs that half the people who like them is because of hype, not the actual shoe. Just cuz you like the XIs better than the IIIs doesn't make the IIIs overrated man.

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

im prob the only person on the board to not really like 11s

i've always thought this about myself.

i like 1's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 8's, 13's, and 14's better (and that's bout all the jordans i really like, and have in my collection).

i've never quite understood the wide popularity of the 11's. they end up #1 on lots of lists. it's weird to me.

cool greys were the first 11's i've ever come around to (probably because they look like low cut space boots or something, and i like that look).

but i'm not the biggest fan of the black patent leather on other pairs. that said i do kinda like the concords and will likely cop when they release later this year. still not sold on space jams tho, but that light blue dyed sole people have been doing to them does make them look better to me. i've just heard so much about them being uncomfortable i haven't given them a chance.

it's also weird to me how so many people love these, but on most other shoes people complain when there's black patent leather (like those dj am dunks from last year). especially since there's SO much patent leather on 11's...

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

im prob the only person on the board to not really like 11s

i've always thought this about myself.

i like 1's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 8's, 13's, and 14's better (and that's bout all the jordans i really like, and have in my collection).

i've never quite understood the wide popularity of the 11's. they end up #1 on lots of lists. it's weird to me.

cool greys were the first 11's i've ever come around to (probably because they look like low cut space boots or something, and i like that look).

but i'm not the biggest fan of the black patent leather on other pairs. that said i do kinda like the concords and will likely cop when they release later this year. still not sold on space jams tho, but that light blue dyed sole people have been doing to them does make them look better to me. i've just heard so much about them being uncomfortable i haven't given them a chance.

it's also weird to me how so many people love these, but on most other shoes people complain when there's black patent leather (like those dj am dunks from last year). especially since there's SO much patent leather on 11's...

deserves it's hype status as the most sought after jordans from 1 to now, and if you think the line on the cg is worse than the jams (and it is), wait till concords this december. And if a blue tint is in the soles it will even look better imo as the cg looked better with the tint as well. Grail status no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom