Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

As I have said on here many times before, the last thing black folks need to be consuming or connected to is weed. Unless your an artist and in a profession where it’s acceptable, not that I agree with that though. Be it good, bad, right or wrong BG did 10 months in jail for weed. That should be a wake up call for any and all black people that smoking weed in many parts of the world, including America will land in you in jail behind bars. Ain’t going to be no “Bring Jaylen Home” campaign if and when that brotha gets locked up for weed.

I say this because unfortunately we have a lot of our young kids being followers and smoking weed. I had to educate this young brotha up a few weeks ago that goes to Eastern High School in DC (shout out to DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ) that was smoking weed in my presence. Pulled him like Principal Joe Clark grabbed Sams back in the day on the rooftop. Had to explain to him……”Do you know what smoking weed does son…….it kills your brain cells son it kills your brain cells….now when you destroy your brain cells your doing the same thing as killing yourself but your just doing it slower”. Had little man crying in shame and in a look of defeat once I broke it down to him like that. Told him to grow up in life and do something positive…..don’t become a loser out here on the corner smoking weed. He agreed.

I have no other choice but to agree with you 200%. As a CONSERVATIVE black man Weed, Pron and NT’s administration led by Thrice Impeached Meth are the problems. I was rooting for BG but she did da crime and needs to do da time somewhere. Perhaps 23 months moderating this website would be fitting punishment or making her renounce CRT and da Green New Deal. Makes me sick da attacks against you and I HAVE YOUR BACK
2252B078-7E55-4E5D-8E62-F46B99CAFD5D.gif

Conservatives have spent the last few years being super transphobic because they just care oh so much about Women's Sports. They just love women's sports and women athletes that we have to further humiliate and ostracize trans women. Never mind that those trans women athletes have taken estrogen and testosterone blockers and have the same hormonal makeup and muscle building capacity (or lack thereof) as cis women and therefore have none of the physical advantages that cis males would have is cis males competed in women's sports. America must keep the "boys" away from girls' sports.

And then the BG prisoner swap happens and Conservatives revert right back to making fun of the WNBA and how worthless and unimportant it is. If these AM radio listening CHUDs have so little respect for the top women's professional basketball league, I doubt that they care about girl's high school track and field or swimming or beach volley ball (well maybe they do but for very different reasons than respect for their athletic abilities).

I wonder where conservatives will go from her, will they continue to act like they respect women tennis and squash players as an excuse to marginalize and otherize trans women or will they so "f--- it" and imagine how create a full on Juwanna Mann scenario would be.

As always, big Daddy Don, provides the answers.

Not since the East versus West Baltimore Classic in 2002 have we seen such vulpine levels of coaching genius.

Our once and future President should start being called "Proposition Donald" or "Prop Don" for short.

Conservatives have spent the last few years being super transphobic because they just care oh so much about Women's Sports. They just love women's sports and women athletes that we have to further humiliate and ostracize trans women. Never mind that those trans women athletes have taken estrogen and testosterone blockers and have the same hormonal makeup and muscle building capacity (or lack thereof) as cis women and therefore have none of the physical advantages that cis males would have is cis males competed in women's sports. America must keep the "boys" away from girls' sports.

And then the BG prisoner swap happens and Conservatives revert right back to making fun of the WNBA and how worthless and unimportant it is. If these AM radio listening CHUDs have so little respect for the top women's professional basketball league, I doubt that they care about girl's high school track and field or swimming or beach volley ball (well maybe they do but for very different reasons than respect for their athletic abilities).

I wonder where conservatives will go from her, will they continue to act like they respect women tennis and squash players as an excuse to marginalize and otherize trans women or will they so "f--- it" and imagine how create a full on Juwanna Mann scenario would be.

As always, big Daddy Don, provides the answers.

Not since the East versus West Baltimore Classic in 2002 have we seen such vulpine levels of coaching genius.

Our once and future President should start being called "Proposition Donald" or "Prop Don" for short.

I disagree completely with your first paragraph.

But the second one was on point.

Every one of my conservative acquaintances on FB have posted this :rofl:

People really think dude is some sort of super villain :lol:

Like he gets out and arm sales to conflict areas increase 10x

Maybe he will go to Ukraine and smuggle back all the weapons RU lost

He also believes poverty and crime has no link and education doesn't improve ones financial earning potential.

Actually champ, I said NOBODY CARES about the so called link between poverty and crime….NOBODY. That type of statement right there let’s me know that you are looking for sympathy from an outside entity, most likely white people. This is that Begging Benny mentality that unfortunately has infiltrated our community thanks to people like YOU.

If and when a black person commits a crime they ain’t getting no sympathy from the court system or a jury. You can get that dumb **** out your head champ. WE have to realize and know that WE are all WE got…..and that’s fine. There is no black and brown coalition, the LGBTQ community ain’t coming to our defense, white people as a whole dam sure don’t care about us…….and again, that’s fine. I don’t want to see or hear no black person begging for help, or making up a bunch of excuses talking about “a link between poverty and crime” like how WASHED KING WASHED KING was crying up above about.

To all the conscious black people out there, be strong, work with those that think like you or have the same agenda, practice group economics, teach the game to those that are worthy, utilize allies when necessary, be cautious and on guard of the enemy, get back to the family structure……..and for the love of God stay off and away from the weed. You don’t want end up like Brittney Griner………looking like a captured runaway slave in handcuffs in front of the cameras.

It's a proven fact that republican politician scumbags are hypocrites. They will just flip any situation to make themselves sound right and the libs wrong.

From the same people who conflate micro and macroeconomics.

From the same people who are outraged by literally everything a Dem president could do

If you are someone who doesn’t follow or understand geopolitics or international relations, on paper the trade of an internationally renowned weapons dealer for a women’s basketball player doesn’t make any sense

The problem is instead of applying some critical thinking and a little bit of intellectual curiosity and maybe doing some reading on the subject, conservatives go straight to the strawman creation, false equivalences, and general hyperpartisan nonsense that makes it impossible to take them seriously

This Griner-Bout swap would have been a valid trade to make for any presidential administration of any ideological persuasion

81D6D00E-CA09-4B36-9F28-D81F99384C84.jpeg

Russian Businessman

I’m trying to find the whole interview & couldn’t care less about the YTers commentary.

I disagree completely with your first paragraph.

But the second one was on point.

Fair enough, I am wondering why you disagree with the first paragraph?

I'd agree that a trans woman, who doesn't take hormones/hormone blockers of any kind, is definitely getting a very big advantage over cis women and probably an advantage so great that it would drastically throw off competitive balance in certain sports. It would be akin to an athlete taking steroids and HGH like Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire were doing in the late 90's and early 00's.

Now, that's not to take away from that trans women's validity as a trans person. Some trans people prefer to only socially transition which is to say, present as feminine and have it affirmed by those around her using she/her/hers pronouns. Or she might only use HRT for a short period of time and/or take it in very small doses to develop secondary sexual characteristics like less body hair or smoother skin but overall, her body still has enough testosterone to give her major advantage in strength and quickness.

There's also people who are non-binary and where they would play, in men's or women's sports? Someone with testicles who is non-binary but leans femme could have a similar advantage as a trans women who is doing little or no medical transitioning and prefers to only engage in the social side of transitioning.

As far as I have seen though, whenever I've seen conservative media complain about a trans woman (whom they disrespectfully call a man or put quotes around her feminine pronouns) being successful in any given sport, the trans woman seems to have been taking testosterone blockers and estrogen HRT, in other words, she competed with the hormonal makeup of a cis woman against cis women. That seems pretty fair.

Eventually, there will be a situation where a trans women or a testicles-having femme leaning non-binary athlete will wish to compete as woman, in accordance to their/her gender identity but have much higher levels of testosterone than their/her competitors. That is an ethically tough situation if you truly care about inclusion as well as fairness in sports, which I think we agree on that premise. This stands in stark contrast to conservatives who only want exclusion and don't care one bit about fairness or women's sports.

I'm not an ethicists nor a biologist so I could be totally wrong but I think the obvious solution is to basically have a testosterone cut off point and those above the threshold would be on the men's team and those below, they'd be on the women's team. I see that as no different from having 6' feet and under basketball teams, age groupings for AYSO soccer and Little League, and weight classes for combat sports. If I were in total and complete charge of the country because I bore the title "The Sword of History, Servant of the Workers, and Protector of the People's Mass Line, " I'd have the above/below testosterone division for sports, formerly called "men's" and "women's" teams renamed something totally arbitrary to distance it from gender and the hierarchies and violence and exclusion used to uphold it. I would just go full on old school Jacobin and call one group Cloud and the Other Fog.

In 2052, it'd be totally normal for college kids to ask if they saw their school's Cloud Basketball team's thrilling game winning buzzer beater, and the classmate might reply, "I sure did. Also, want to check out the how our fog basketball team will do tonight? the game starts at 1:80 post meridian?

Yes, there will be metric time under my regime. Metric time and a society so equal along gender lines that there would be no need to uphold cis male privilege without social exclusion, violence or threats of violence.

download.jpg

Fair enough, I am wondering why you disagree with the first paragraph?

I'd agree that a trans woman, who doesn't take hormones/hormone blockers of any kind, is definitely getting a very big advantage over cis women and probably an advantage so great that it would drastically throw off competitive balance in certain sports. It would be akin to an athlete taking steroids and HGH like Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire were doing in the late 90's and early 00's.

Now, that's not to take away from that trans women's validity as a trans person. Some trans people prefer to only socially transition which is to say, present as feminine and have it affirmed by those around her using she/her/hers pronouns. Or she might only use HRT for a short period of time and/or take it in very small doses to develop secondary sexual characteristics like less body hair or smoother skin but overall, her body still has enough testosterone to give her major advantage in strength and quickness.

There's also people who are non-binary and where they would play, in men's or women's sports? Someone with testicles who is non-binary but leans femme could have a similar advantage as a trans women who is doing little or no medical transitioning and prefers to only engage in the social side of transitioning.

As far as I have seen though, whenever I've seen conservative media complain about a trans woman (whom they disrespectfully call a man or put quotes around her feminine pronouns) being successful in any given sport, the trans woman seems to have been taking testosterone blockers and estrogen HRT, in other words, she competed with the hormonal makeup of a cis woman against cis women. That seems pretty fair.

Eventually, there will be a situation where a trans women or a testicles-having femme leaning non-binary athlete will wish to compete as woman, in accordance to their/her gender identity but have much higher levels of testosterone than their/her competitors. That is an ethically tough situation if you truly care about inclusion as well as fairness in sports, which I think we agree on that premise. This stands in stark contrast to conservatives who only want exclusion and don't care one bit about fairness or women's sports.

I'm not an ethicists nor a biologist so I could be totally wrong but I think the obvious solution is to basically have a testosterone cut off point and those above the threshold would be on the men's team and those below, they'd be on the women's team. I see that as no different from having 6' feet and under basketball teams, age groupings for AYSO soccer and Little League, and weight classes for combat sports. If I were in total and complete charge of the country because I bore the title "The Sword of History, Servant of the Workers, and Protector of the People's Mass Line, " I'd have the above/below testosterone division for sports, formerly called "men's" and "women's" teams renamed something totally arbitrary to distance it from gender and the hierarchies and violence and exclusion used to uphold it. I would just go full on old school Jacobin and call one group Cloud and the Other Fog.

In 2052, it'd be totally normal for college kids to ask if they saw their school's Cloud Basketball team's thrilling game winning buzzer beater, and the classmate might reply, "I sure did. Also, want to check out the how our fog basketball team will do tonight? the game starts at 1:80 post meridian?

Yes, there will be metric time under my regime. Metric time and a society so equal along gender lines that there would be no need to uphold cis male privilege without social exclusion, violence or threats of violence.

download.jpg

I only disagreed with the trans women don’t have a genetic advantage after hormones.

Conservatives have definitely pushed a transphobic agenda and they don’t care about women sports the way they claim that I agree with. But any trans woman who underwent puberty as a biological male has an advantage over any biological woman regardless of what hormones they take.

Hormones don’t reverse puberty or change an individuals chromosomes. But yes most on the right only use protection of women sports to attack trans women.

It's an obviously ridiculous solution.
Hormonal classes is a really bad idea, insanely impractical, and scientifically dubious. I don't understand why people keep proposing it.

1. Hormone Levels in high level sports don't correlate with victory outside of male and female ranges.
you are essentially creating divisions that are meaningless 99% of the time.

2. Hormones at the time of competition are not the source of male advantage.
you can't allow someone to essentially take steroids for 10+ years and then stop a year before competition.
Even if you ignore the physical aspects, you still had the benefit of greater recovery time, ability to train longer, that doesn't disappear regardless of your future testosterone levels.

3. It's insanely impractical and pointless since it ultimately boil down to male and female divisions.
Hormone levels are highly variable, you're going to need multiple tests just to get an accurate gage, do we expect every high school, youth competition to incur the expense of doing multiple hormone tests

to create division that will essentially be the same as male and female divisions?
thaT'd be crazy. it's like trying to determine weight classes by measuring caloric intake over a period of time.
rather than just using....weight.

The harsh reality is there is no way to include transwomen
hat isn't fundamentally unfair to natal females and irrevocably circumvent the purpose of the protected female category.

if you don't care about that because you think inclusion is more important, that's fine.
but it's better to be honest about that and just bit the bullet, then musing about solutions that are insanely impractical, and don't even make sense.

Back
Top Bottom