Does/Did Tupac have street cred

If Pac didn't die, he probably would've focused on acting & other endeavors before anyone could really question his gangster.
Now if he stayed in the rap game, his Juilliard pictures would've BEEN plastered on a Summer Jam screen.

Pac would've been what LL Cool J is today

And that includes getting eaten alive by Canibus

Pac would've been what LL Cool J is today

And that includes getting eaten alive by Canibus
giphy.gif

Last edited:
If Pac didn't die, he probably would've focused on acting & other endeavors before anyone could really question his gangster.
Now if he stayed in the rap game, his Juilliard pictures would've BEEN plastered on a Summer Jam screen.

Dude was pretty much an open book in some interview situations and spoke in depth about his past, mostly to female journalists and others who knew how to engage him in conversation. So, people "exposing" him wouldn't have been met with that much controversy.

Only PAC music I **** with is the feel good or introspective stuff

My ears bleed when I listen to "thug" PAC...I know the company you keep can influence things but that brother had a higher calling then that type of music/life

It's a shame he went out that way...

Why is so much emphasis put into what the people that you grew up around think of you as far as street cred is concerned?
How does that make sense? The teenage you and the adult you can be vastly different human beings.

Does a 25 y/o who moves bricks have ZERO street cred because the people he grew up with say he was a nerd back in the day?

It's so easy to tell who's posting based on what they've actually been through and who's posting based on what they've read or saw on tv.

Last edited:
Why is so much emphasis put into what the people that you grew up around think of you as far as street cred is concerned?
How does that make sense? The teenage you and the adult you can be vastly different human beings.

Does a 25 y/o who moves bricks have ZERO street cred because the people he grew up with say he was a nerd back in the day?

Dudes I know who moved weight, started slanging in Jr. high. Dudes I know who are criminals and in and out of jail have been on that path since before we were teens. Dudes I know who have front businesses and word on the street is they're moving weight, been in the streets since we were kids. One dude I know who had cops on his payroll and lived in a big house and had all the dealer accessories, got busted at school and the police were chasing homie down the hall.

I grew up around A LOT of street cats. Some are dead, some locked and some fell off, but every last one of them started at a young age. The ONLY reason I didn't go down that path is due to my mother taking me out of one school after I started my own gang in 1st grade to fight the other gangs that had already formed up, and then put me in another school. We actually moved. And even though it took a couple of years for me to adjust and shake the old neighborhood off, the same things were going on at the new school.

Were did y'all grow up that dudes wanna start touching drugs at 25? That's some sucker ****. If you are that old and just jumping into that life, you're a clown with no history and worse yet, lack good judgment.

Dudes I know who moved weight, started slanging in Jr. high. Dudes I know who are criminals and in and out of jail have been on that path since before we were teens. Dudes I know who have front businesses and word on the street is they're moving weight, been in the streets since we were kids. One dude I know who had cops on his payroll and lived in a big house and had all the dealer accessories, got busted at school and the police were chasing homie down the hall.

I grew up around A LOT of street cats. Some are dead, some locked and some fell off, but every last one of them started at a young age. The ONLY reason I didn't go down that path is due to my mother taking me out of one school after I started my own gang in 1st grade to fight the other gangs that had already formed up, and then put me in another school. We actually moved. And even though it took a couple of years for me to adjust and shake the old neighborhood off, the same things were going on at the new school.

Were did y'all grow up that dudes wanna start touching drugs at 25? That's some sucker ****. If you are that old and just jumping into that life, you're a clown with no history and worse yet, lack good judgment.
Probly the same dudes that seen nothin wrong with Chris Brown becoming a blood after he was rich and famous :lol:

Some people in this thread are funny to me. Like I took a college class to learn street knowledge. Just because I chose a different path, thanks to two loving parents doesn't mean I wasn't around older family and friends my age heavily involved in different aspects of street life.

You act like getting into the drug trade at a later stage in life/older age doesn't happen?  In fact, thats the story of the founders of Cali's Gentlemen who rivaled the Medellin Cowboys and may have even surpassed them in how sophisticated their business organization was in the 90s.

Some people in this thread are funny to me. Like I took a college class to learn street knowledge. Just because I chose a different path, thanks to two loving parents doesn't mean I wasn't around older family and friends my age heavily involved in different aspects of street life.
These days you have forums and youtube. You can be a pseudo expert on anything with the internet. Probably what most Tupac fans are.

You act like getting into the drug trade at a later stage in life/older age doesn't happen?  In fact, thats the story of the founders of Cali's Gentlemen who rivaled the Medellin Cowboys and may have even surpassed them in how sophisticated their business organization was in the 90s.

Is that what I'm acting like? :lol:

Or am I saying "street cred" is USUALLY based on your life long resume in the streets and you're usually a clown if you start your criminal career late in life? On some old, "well I sucked at everything else, now I'm gonna be a gangsta."

:lol:

Compton Prince. What drugs did pac use during his Death Row days ? I am sure Suge didn't change him overnight by his presence. My questions are weird huh ? Who is that old man wearing red suits like Suge ? He worked for Death Row. Looked like he didn't fit in.

Last edited:

He was only 24 in this video but look how well spoken and intelligent he comes off as.

Last edited:

So because you knew some street cats, it automatically makes you a leading authority on how street cats are made huh? Cue the Ed Lover C'mon Son gif.
There are alot of reasons people decide to sell drugs. Not everyone gives up on their future in jr high like some of your bum *** friends did.

So I guess Freeway Rick Ross and Frank Lucas were "clowns" too huh, cause they both started selling drugs WELL after the Jr high years. Pablo Escobar didnt even start selling drugs til he was 21. But, you knew some guys, so I guess we should all take your word for it, seeing as you are the expert. |I

This is what is wrong with NT. Dudes so busy trying to rebut the next poster's comment that they dont even take time to consider what the poster is saying.
I never said he started at 25, I said movin weight at 25, which implies that he started before that. It could been 19 or 20 but still after his Jr high years.
Being someone that grew up around alot of street cats you should know that no one starts out movin weight. They build up to that. Right? Ok then.

Is that what I'm acting like? :lol:

Or am I saying "street cred" is USUALLY based on your life long resume in the streets and you're usually a clown if you start your criminal career late in life? On some old, "well I sucked at everything else, now I'm gonna be a gangsta."
Are you askin or are you tellin? I dont think even YOU know what you are talking about.

Frank Lucas ran away from home before he was a teen and hit the streets to start on his path to being a kingpin. I've READ his story. I didn't just watch the movie like you. :lol:

Pablo Escobar:

As a teenager on the streets of Medellín, he began his criminal career by allegedly stealing gravestones and sanding them down for resale to smugglers.

Did you even fact check before calling me out?

I think you just want to argue, so I'll let you have it, but starting off your response with two fallacies killed it for you. I can't even read the rest. It's DOCUMENTED that both of the people you cited began their criminal careers early in life and eventually got involved in the drug trade. That's USUALLY how it goes. Forget about my experiences. There's a reason they call Juvie and YA gladiator schools.

I'm out.

EDIT

So you stop sounding ignorant:

"I couldn't have been more than 6"...It was then, Lucas says, that he began his life of crime. "I was the oldest. Someone had to put food on the table."

Read it yourself.

http://nymag.com/nymag/features/3649/

Last edited:
I specifically mentioned dudes selling drugs and you posted your cute little anecdote as a rebuttal saying that you are a clown for starting to sell drugs that late in life.
I posted examples of dudes that started selling drugs later in life.

Then you move the goal posts to they " began their criminal careers early in life and eventually got involved in the drug trade"
:lol: Typical NT response. I really expected more from you. Maybe I shouldn't have

Back
Top Bottom