Dominican Republic to be 'Socially Cleaned' in today

Last edited:
Holy ****

Comparing USA immigration laws to the DR stripping people of citizenship. WTF

Last edited:
Holy ****

Bruh they "stripping" citizenship over there?...where you get this from? :rofl:

If you a citizen and have your legal papers to prove it, nobody stripping you of anything

And I wasn't the one to bring up USA vs DR

View media item 1599450
In one thread demands only legal immigrants should be allowed in this country, in this thread lets **** on Dominicans and call them racists because they wanna tighten up their own immigration and deport undocumented immigrants....WUT?

Btw is not only Haitians being demanded to get their papers in order, Asian and European immigrants as well....but lettuce stay focused on just the Haitians.

Last edited:
Holy ****

Bruh they "stripping" citizenship over there?...where you get this from? :rofl:

If you a citizen and have your legal papers to prove it, nobody stripping you of anything

And I wasn't the one to bring up USA vs DR

http://america.aljazeera.com/articl...anrepublicresidentsstrippedofcitizenship.html

Why you keep making yourself look like a clown?

-And you quote Mr. Marcus like his views represent the entire sentiment of that thread or the people currently pressing you.

How bout you dig through that thread and quote me, or any the other people calling out the ignorance it that thread. Cause their were plenty

image.adapt.990.high.dominican_citizenship_antonio.1399315574987.jpg

Antonio Pol Emil — a lawyer, the director of the Dominico-Haitian Cultural Center and an elected representative in San Pedro de Macoris — was born to Haitian parents and was recently unable to renew his Dominican passport.Alessandro Vecchi for Al Jazeera America

Last edited:
http://america.aljazeera.com/articl...anrepublicresidentsstrippedofcitizenship.html

-And you quote Mr. Marcus like his views represent the entire sentiment of that thread or the people currently pressing you.

How bout you dig through that thread and quote me, or any the other people calling out the ignorance it that thread. Cause their were plenty

See this is the thing with some of you, must you immediately resort to personal attacks?...when have I called any of you names through this whole thing?...

immigration is treated differently by all nations, not all countries grant children citizenship solely based on the fact they were born in that country, like America does...so the way DR handles citizenship with DR born Haitians of illegal Haitian parents is not that much different than other nations, just different than America which is probably why you guys find it so inhumane

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/citizenship-birth-country/index.php

Please refrain from calling me names bro, id appreciate it.

And I know Marcus doesn't represent every NTer, never said that, just used him as an example of the hypocrisy that goes on when it comes to a lot of racially driven threads....if the shoe don't fit Rusty, don't wear it.

And I know Marcus doesn't represent every NTer, never said that, just used him as an example of the hypocrisy that goes on when it comes to a lot of racially driven threads....if the shoe don't fit Rusty, don't wear it.
He sure the hell don't .....

See this is the thing with some of you, must you immediately resort to personal attacks?...when have I called any of you names through this whole thing?...

immigration is treated differently by all nations, not all countries grant children citizenship solely based on the fact they were born in that country, like America does...so the way DR handles citizenship with DR born Haitians of illegal Haitian parents is not that much different than other nations, just different than America which is probably why you guys find it so inhumane

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/citizenship-birth-country/index.php

Please refrain from calling me names bro, id appreciate it.

Stop trying to deflect by playing the victim

I didn't call you any names. I said you're making yourself look like a clown. I insulted your actions, not you personally

And when dudes come at your wife and your fertility problems, I stay defending you

So miss me with the victim act B

-And the DR gives birth right citizenship. There were people that were born under the law that granted them citizenship, then new legislation stripped them

If it wasn't retro active, I would have less of a problem, and your would have an argument

Last edited:
"The child, however, will be considered to have never acquired French citizenship if, before reaching the age of majority, one of his parents is found (in the case of a child born of an unknown father and mother) and he acquires the parent’s citizenship, or the foreign citizenship acquired or possessed by one of the parents is conveyed to him or her"

So for instance in France, if a child is born an orphan on French soil, he is granted citizenship, if before a certain age, this child's parents are found and they are not citizens, he/she will inherit the parents citizenship from whatever country they are from and will be stripped of its French citizenship.

Every country is allowed to handle their immigration policy however they see fit bro, why you keep filtering what I say and only address what you find convenient, name another country that has aided Haiti more than DR? Not the U.S.A not any other country in the caribbeans....

People that were born to illegal immigrants and were granted birth citizenship lost it due to a change in their legislation, they were not expelled, they have been given the right to apply for citizenship...once again this did not happen overnight and Haitian families regardless of what you may think are not being ripped apart.

The irony of it all is that the only way for someone to be a citizen of Haiti, they have to be born to both Haitian parents....a Dominican family can't simply migrate into Haiti, birth their child there and have him/her claim citizenship.

Anyways, I liked this gentlemens reply, I'm not always that great with gettin my point across as I may not be as articulated as most....but this man pretty much nailed it.

"21 hours ago
Luis Manzanillo
Mr. Ravee Raghavan

You are completely entitled to express your own opinion, but you are not entitled to make your own facts. Dominican citizens have migrated to the US in mass since 1960's, and since such period, we have faced deportation on the hundreds of thousands by US immigration. With this being said, please, show us one, just a single protest or demonstration by dominicans in US or any other territory calling for boycotts or calling the decision of a sovereign nation to deport unjust.

Your comments are offensives and completely baseless and lack of the simple hint of true, please, allow me to enumerate them:

1st - You call Dominicans Racist, and is a pickle hard to swallow coming from you, which ascendence still classify people by caste and family origin and not by their actions or way of living. Separating people by birth and establishing the most inhuman society classes as Dalits, which can even get close to places or walk in the same path of those classified in higher hierarchy.

2nd - The government of Dominican Republic enacted a Law that provides permanent legal status to all undocumented immigrants living in the country prior to 2011 and have the means to prove it. this law, enacted on 2013, provided 18 months for all undocumented immigrants to adjust their status at no cost, completely free. But the Haitian Government used this opportunity to charge and extortion their own citizens with money to obtain birth certificates and passport, for which only 10% of those that applied for it, actually got them.

3rd - The reason the government enacted a law to provide undocumented immigrants with legal status in the Dominican Republic, is because DR inherited its constitution and legal frame from Haiti, after 22 years of Haitian Armed Occupation in 1822. Our Constitution establish that only those born from Legal Residents or at least one Parent of Dominican Ascendence are eligible to be Dominican Citizens since 1844 with the foundation of our Republic.

4th - Haitian Constitutions goes much further, and establish that only those born from Haitians parents can have Haitian Nationality, and prevent contrary to our laws and traditions to provide Haitian Citizenship to anyone born on Haiti that is not adjudicated and Jus Sanguini, which means and Birthrights by Blood.

So you and Haitians Citizens that believe that Dominican Republic isn't a sovereign nation that can determine who lives on its soil, are completely wrong, and going much further this time, don't judge others when you are not in the position to do so, because neither you or any other nation under the sun has the moral stand to call a nation that has supported Haiti for more than 70 years without preconditions; Racist.

The same way you irresponsibly call a whole nation racist and generalize with such particular demeanor, takes away the veracity and your impartial bias or your opinion.

I suggest that next time you talk in this way about a nation, would be about yours, because the yard is always greener on someone else yard's.

Sincerely,

Luis Manzanillo, Proud Dominican"

Last edited:
Once again is very sad to see the world pass judgement on the Dominican Republic as is any other nation has a right to judge on its immigration policies, let alone the USA....it's disheartening to ignore over 50 years of history where DR has served as refuge to millions of Haitian families, no other nation can claim to have helped Haiti as much, NONE.

Wether there is racial tension or not, that's pretty much irrelevant, if life was so harsh for Haitians in DR then **** must be a living hell back home....so perhaps let's take a second to put the Haitian government under the scope and judge them on how they treat their own people that they are flocking by the masses to DR over 6 decades.

Antonio Pol Emil — a lawyer, the director of the Dominico-Haitian Cultural Center and an elected representative in San Pedro de Macoris — was born to Haitian parents and was recently unable to renew his Dominican passport.Alessandro Vecchi for Al Jazeera America
"They gave everyone more than enough chances to renew their papers" 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I wonder where the billions of donated money to Haiti went to 5 years ago.

Their corrupt *** government, that's where....but here we are pointing fingers at the Dominican government...isn't it every governments duty to look after THEIR own people?

Their corrupt *** government, that's where....but here we are pointing fingers at the Dominican government...isn't it every governments duty to look after THEIR own people?
billions of dollars and you think the global leaders would let haiti actually be in control of it? lets be serious. 94% of humanitarian funding went to donors' own civilian and military entities, UN agencies, international NGOs and private contractors. In addition, 36% of recovery grants went to international NGOs and private contractors. Meaning all that money went to the organizations "HELPING" haiti, not to haiti itself. THAT'S where the corruption is. Haiti has definitely had its share of goverment/political issues but this wasn't one of them.

billions of dollars and you think the global leaders would let haiti actually be in control of it? lets be serious. 94% of humanitarian funding went to donors' own civilian and military entities, UN agencies, international NGOs and private contractors. In addition, 36% of recovery grants went to international NGOs and private contractors. Meaning all that money went to the organizations "HELPING" haiti, not to haiti itself. THAT'S where the corruption is. Haiti has definitely had its share of goverment/political issues but this wasn't one of them.

And you think if any money trickled down after those entities got their cut, government officials would have actually put anything towards the actual people?...the problem always begins at home, I said it earlier in this thread, if you live next door to a better off family and because of your own inability to control your issues you decide is best to move next door and let that other family handle your ****, then get upset when that family gets fed up and says is time to go...I mean it doesn't make that family great, but it doesn't entirely make them wrong.

And you think if any money trickled down after those entities got their cut, government officials would have actually put anything towards the actual people?...the problem always begins at home, I said it earlier in this thread, if you live next door to a better off family and because of your own inability to control your issues you decide is best to move next door and let that other family handle your ****, then get upset when that family gets fed up and says is time to go...I mean it doesn't make that family great, but it doesn't entirely make them wrong.
then if the government officials comes to seek refuge in DR be my guest, kick them out. but im 100% confident that the haitians in DR right now aren't the ones that made haiti poor or stripped it of its resources. 

When this happens^ thats when theres a problem.

I agree, I'm not saying DR is not indirectly punishing good Haitian citizens, but how do you expect a government to filter the bad and keep the good?...Haitians cross over and also commit crimes you know, the overpopulation is out of control and DR needs to get a handle of it or else in 20 years there will be more Haitians in DR than there are Dominicans due to the birth rates....so when you think about it, the revocation of citizenship with the right to appeal is not so bad....gives the Dominican Republic a chance to get control of things, as with everything, good people usually suffer, immigration policies here in our very land have left children without parents, good hard working people, NOT CRIMINALS....you guys can ignore that all you want....laws are not selective, they apply to everyone and it may not always favor the good people.

I don't even know what we are arguing anymore as it seems this is not even about race anymore...my only point is that this change in legislation is NOT as racially driven as NT/social media outlets make it out to be, been to DR many times and racism is not something that's any worst there than it would be here...it's more of a social-economic issue....hundreds of thousands poor Haitians making the jump over to DR, a place with very little resources to sustain its own people, now being responsible for them too....how long before every Haitian migrates?...how much longer before the Dominican economy is no longer able to sustain the Haitian and Dominican people?...then what?

Last edited:
wow i thought this thread was dying...but i see a lot of caping for the DR, and lowkey Haitian blaming.

Agreed

But let's not forget when the earthquake happened DR was the 1st in. Just know one else really helped. Like France and U.S. should've done more.
The US Government actually helped the most and we still have missions there.

The United States gov't hasn't done a ******* thing to help that country. There is ample evidence to prove this, or I can put you into contact with some family who will tell you **** is no different than the day after the earthquake.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...al&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=1433333441

....I lied, they are still dealing with cholera. and we can thank the United Nations for that.

Don't even go there. Haiti is the poorest country on this side of the world, and USA is a big reason why....not the entire reason, but a big reason. And Haiti hasn't seen the $, the so called "relief aid" it was promised.

You sound super bitter bro, **** a whole country because of the sad views of a couple of people ? you know a lot of Dominicans are actually protesting against this law and also look down on the racism going on right ? but no, **** the whole country :rolleyes
Africa can go back to being the Capital of the world and we still going to identify as Dominicans ! :lol: you must not know how proud we are of our heritage (Taino, Spanish, African)

Proud of heritage you dont have? Taino is a word used to negate african ancestry. The DR did not have indigenous people by the 19th century like South America had.

Doubt anyone will watch this since it is long but I will post it anyway

But here are some highlights

How Africans are depicted.

View media item 1591516
Those clowns actually have a Christopher Columbus statue :rofl:

You know you can find Columbus's journal right. He'd be disgusted that it's even there. He had nothing good to say about the African heritage you are so ashamed of but claim to be proud of. And he had nothing good to say about the natives either. He dont claim yall but you worship him.

DSC_9015-2-1200x675.jpg

This is a statue of Francisco del Rosario Sánchez in the Domincan Republic. The equivalent of one of their "founding fathers". Dude was half black but lets see how you depict him

View media item 1591527View media item 1591528
Now lets see a pic of how he actually looked.

View media item 1591535
:rofl:

You guys sure are proud black folk

**** outta here with that ****. We all know y'all claim white

A Christopher columbus statue is essentially the same **** you see in the south USA, have confederate general statues erected or streets named after them. It's just seems backwards to erect a statue of someone who was instrumental in setting up the slave trade on the island, unless people in the DR are not really trying to acknowledge african slave roots. idk...

most important thing in this post is the Gates Jr. tape...

I lived in dr for seven years when I was younger. I have witnessed with my own eyes how Haitians get treated over there. They use them for hard labor and pay them nothing. I witnessed a Haitian tied to a tree and beaten within an inch of his life. Luckily a lady and a well known man in town stepped in and saved the guys life

i believe there is a video of that floating around...saw something like that not too long ago.

You can try and purify a race all you want. 90% of that island is Afro Latino of African ancestry. Meaning you're black!!!! We just black folk that speak Spanish plain and simple

i've been trying to say this from earlier in the thread, but all you get is "no we not black we dominican" followed by jimmy rustling and butts hurt. :smh:

I lived in dr for seven years when I was younger. I have witnessed with my own eyes how Haitians get treated over there. They use them for hard labor and pay them nothing. I witnessed a Haitian tied to a tree and beaten within an inch of his life. Luckily a lady and a well known man in town stepped in and saved the guys life

I never lived but visited the country more times than I can count, have chilled with Haitians in the capital, usually the guys that serve tourists at the usual hang out spots, they seem happy, yeah they work hard, that's a given, you can say they often get the treatment some immigrants get here...is not nice at all...but I wouldn't jump the gun and fully blame it on race ALONE....if that was the case, they would be lynching and stone beating a lot of actual Dominicans....it has a lot to do with an invasion of the land as of lately, over crowding and over producing, DR is not rich in resources, health care sucks and Dominicans have it hard enough accounting for their own poverty, to now also having to care for the Haitian immigrants....yes racism exists, but let's stop the all this "Dominicans hate Hatians because of the color of their skin" nonsense.

i've been skimming the past number of pages and i've seen strong caping from your end, and frankly its approaching ignorant. and this **** is annoying me.

first im gonna say this loud and clear, domincans (or cubans, or any other country that was the stepping stone in the trans african slave trade) have no business ignoring their african ancestry. don't even come at me with that madness. ninjahood is overused because he served as a perfect example of not acknowledging what he sees everyday in the GODDAMN MIRROR. a motherfing black domincan. it is what it is, don't like it? take me to judge judy. for ***** sake, claim domincan, cuban, brazillian, be proud of your country, but don't flat out say you aren't black, at least to any degree. You can claim dominican all you ******* want, but the NYPD will still stop and frisk your *** the same as tyrone from around the block. so foh with all that ****. Please refer to the henry Louis Gates documentary....AGAIN to familiarize yourself with what im getting at. not all domincans are nh black, most are mulatto, but being mixed doesn't let you deny your roots. but it seems many in the DR try. (read: trujillo), so one can see where the hate comes from.

second, the DR isn't a wealthy country, maybe its considered poor in some aspects, but it is flat out not even close to Haitian poverty. period. the amount of people being affected by this is like less than 2% of of the DR population and a lot of these people are domincan born citizens. miss me with that these haitians are straining the healthcare and economy rhetoric. NOW i can agree that the DR has every right to deport illegal immigrants, but their reasoning, is suspect to me at least. But with illegal immigrants, they are well within their right.

third, Rafael ******* Trujillo.

fourth...

"Even before Juliana Deguis Pierre became famous, or infamous, any Dominican who saw her would have guessed that she was of Haitian descent. Her dark skin, wide nose, and what is, in the Dominican Republic, called pelo malo — “bad hair” — immediately identify her as the child of Haitians, even though she was born in the Dominican Republic and has never been to Haiti."

http://harpers.org/archive/2015/05/displaced-in-the-d-r/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/11/haitian-lynched-dominican_n_6664276.html

You think the DR "can't handle" this number of domincan born haitians, or w.e small number of haitian migrants (relative to population)?

"The Dominican economy, much like that of the United States, depends on migrant labor to fill jobs at the bottom of the wage scale. And much like the United States’ political class, Dominican authorities have balked at extending fair treatment and equal status to those migrants."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...66d436-4236-11e3-a751-f032898f2dbc_story.html

supplemental:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...66d436-4236-11e3-a751-f032898f2dbc_story.html

.....what and you think Haiti can? give me a break. Haiti is no joke. and the deportees are royally ****** if they go there. The quality of life is insanely worse in Haiti.

to my fellow hispaniolans i say this...
i am haitian. and i am black. not african american. black. my last name is a slave name. if i search facebook with my last name i get white people from france. my black family is from haiti.

not so hard is it? now you try...

Last edited:
So technically what you are saying is the Dominican Republic must inherit all of Haitis problems to save face wth the world and black people everywhere? Off the fact that they are not a wealthy nation just a little less poorer than Haiti.

Nobody hates Haiti, it's heartbreaking...but being Haitian how come you can't acknowledge the 50+ years DR has carried generations of Haitians?? Once again, what other nation can claim to have held Haiti down as much?

Back in trujillos day, it didn't matter if you were Haitian or Dominican, if your skin was black you was **** out of luck regardless....so all in asking is, let's stop the whole "DR is a racist nation talk" it's BS man....the nation was ran by 1 racist dictator almost a century ago, other than that if I'm to be correct, we deal with far more racially driven crimes here in our own land.

Also we continue with the hypocrisy....we really gonna mock DR for having a statue of Columbus in one of their Plazas like we don't celebrate Columbus Day as a national holiday and as if a lot of other nations in Latin America don't as well? We have slave owners on our currency man...lol

Going back to the whole denying your black roots thing, simply because a black Latino will rather be labeled as simply LATINO/HISPANIC it doesn't mean he/she is saying that they are not black, is just what they identify as...why is that a bad thing?

Last edited:
That reach doe and the problem isn't calling yourself Latino it's denying that you're black if mentioned

Zzz

Last edited:
Is only reach on my end?...lmaooooo you guys bringing up a Christopher Columbus statue...fan I graduated from Christopher Columbus high school in the bx :lol:

Dominicans don't deny they have black heritage, it's deeply embedded in their culture for Gods sake...they simply prefer to be identified as LATINO!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom