Dominican Republic to be 'Socially Cleaned' in today

Hold up, since DC digged up this thread...where are the thousands of derooted Dominican born Haitians at? :nerd:

What happened to all the outrage? :rolleyes

Nah the the black kettle is on fleek Mr.Pot lol
laugh.gif

They are entitled to their opinion bruh :smh:

smh.

I actually wanted to hit up DR since its so cheap, but I`m pretty straight on it now or at least until there is resolution.

You know a big percentage of Haitians residing in DR live off of tourism, you starve DR, you are starving Haitians as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/08/23/immigration-law-refugees-land-haiti-border/30491039/

BTW, Everyone should read this.

DR officials claim all this it is not racially motivated.....................yet dark skin folked are being targeted

******* disgusting.

Fam that's just sad as hell and disgusting man..wow..

Just read dabottom305 posts from the previous page and...wow...it's sad all around man...

Such an ignorant pov too man...skin color and xenophobia is so petty and trivial to me...it can be avoided by simply educating yourself on history a lil...you'll find the people you hate have a lot more in common with you than previously thought...

You know a big percentage of Haitians residing in DR live off of tourism, you starve DR, you are starving Haitians as well.

DR for the Dominicans and Haiti for the Haitians, I am neither so I will respect the wishes of the natives and go elsewhere lol.

smh.

I actually wanted to hit up DR since its so cheap, but I`m pretty straight on it now or at least until there is resolution.

Then they could just flee to PR, in search of a better life, like they were doing before. And I'm sure you would have no problem with that.

I mean, hypocrites gonna hypocrite....

A quote from the article rusty posted:

"We don't have anything against blacks because we are all black," Delgadillo said. "There's no problem. Every Dominican has a Haitian working in their house. I personally have two."

That's worse than 'I have black friends' :smh:

If any country chooses to close their border that's within their rights, deporting undocumented immigrants because of an overpopulation issue I have no problem who it is, each country has to protect its own interest, unlike America who's economy has benefited plenty from immigrants everywhere, DR is on the losing end with this issue, yeah is sad that some families fall victim to this legislation, but you guys are so quick to dismiss the thousands of Haitian immigrants DR has housed and fed and still does to this day, go to DR...there are as many Haitians in the work force as there are Dominicans, both struggling side by side, trying to make a living and holding each other down....disgusting how some of you are condemning a nation of Dominicans by the actions of their government....I'm sure the average Dominican has helped Haiti more than anyone so outraged by this move here on NT...immigration laws are unfair, but keep order, America has derooted and broken up good families plenty times....inb4 *deflection.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/08/23/immigration-law-refugees-land-haiti-border/30491039/

BTW, Everyone should read this.

DR officials claim all this it is not racially motivated.....................yet dark skin folked are being targeted

******* disgusting.

smh.

this. i've been to haiti already so i don't really need to see DR, though i'd like to in my lifetime. besides there are islands in the Caribbean worth exploring im sure.

Last edited:
My mother worked cleaning houses for white people for years, they must have thought less of her because of this...is this the ideology on here?...that since Dominicans with the financial means, employ Haitians to do the house labor this is somewhat equivalent to slavery?

My mother worked cleaning houses for white people for years, they must have thought less of her because of this...is this the ideology on here?...that since Dominicans with the financial means, employ Haitians to do the house labor this is somewhat equivalent to slavery?
You think those white people thought highly of a chick scrubbing the piss off their toilet?

You think those white people thought highly of a chick scrubbing the piss off their toilet?

As far as I'm concerned they treated her with respect and one of them even attended my high school graduation....

But I guess cleaning someone's bathroom = some form of slavery according to NT

If any country chooses to close their border that's within their rights, deporting undocumented immigrants because of an overpopulation issue I have no problem who it is, each country has to protect its own interest, unlike America who's economy has benefited plenty from immigrants everywhere, DR is on the losing end with this issue, yeah is sad that some families fall victim to this legislation, but you guys are so quick to dismiss the thousands of Haitian immigrants DR has housed and fed and still does to this day, go to DR...there are as many Haitians in the work force as there are Dominicans, both struggling side by side, trying to make a living and holding each other down....disgusting how some of you are condemning a nation of Dominicans by the actions of their government....I'm sure the average Dominican has helped Haiti more than anyone so outraged by this move here on NT...immigration laws are unfair, but keep order, America has derooted and broken up good families plenty times....inb4 *deflection.

-You are deflecting. The article I posted documents the racial bias in this policy, but can't even acknowledge it, you just want to delfect and run back to you "it ain't the people", then trying to mix in your xenophobic talking points while your at it

DR is a democracy, their citizens put these fools in power to cook with this racist nonsense.

You think internationally people separate the acts of the America government with the people. There are clearly citizens in the DR supporting this too.

With the people are so upset about this, where is the outrage, the widespread protest, the calls for new elections, where?

-You such a hypocrite and you don't even see it, from the article:

From 1952 to 1986, Haiti's government agreed under contract to send thousands of workers to cut sugarcane in the Dominican Republic in exchange for payment from Dominican officials, said Edward Paulino, a history professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. Dominican officials set up communities for the migrant workers called bateyes and paid to transport the workers back to Haiti at the end of the harvest, Paulino said. But the Dominican Republic also allowed many of the workers to stay.

"Dominicans have been importing Haitian laborers for the entire 20th century," Paulino said. "The reason that many Haitians are there is because Dominicans benefited and profited from cheap, exploited Haitian labor and they didn't send them back."

We don't have anything against blacks because we are all black," Delgadillo said. "There's no problem. Every Dominican has a Haitian working in their house. I personally have two."

Sure looks like to me that the DR has a history, and currently are, benefiting from the cheap labor provided by Haiatins immigrants.

JUST LIKE THE USA WITH LATINO IMMIGRANTS

So don't tell me it is not the same. Because I'm probably one of the biggest bleeding heart liberal in this board, but let be put on my right wing hat for one second, and few some xenophobic nonsense, because you seem to be talking that language too, and maybe this will sink it.

I could say:

-With the unemployment rate so high among African Americans, deporting Latino and Hispanic illegal immigrants with provide the black community with a large new supply of jobs

-I economy may be the largest in the world, but we took in Latino in times of recession and they don't pay into the system adequately so they are burden and should go

-We are an independent country, we could retroactively so back put the status of tons Latino/Hispanics in limbo. it is our right, why do we have to support child born to people that came to this country illegally

-The DR government has failed it's people, if the country is poor, it is their own fault. Why should America have to help? BTW look at all this aid we have given them over the years directly and indirectly.

That is how bad you sound.

Spewing xenophobia, ignorance, hypocrisy, and deflections just because you refuse to acknowledge the huge racial element in all this

It is the DR's right to do what it wants. And it is my right to call it out for what it really is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom