Dominican Republic to be 'Socially Cleaned' in today

Fam we really not gonna engage in this back and forth again, simply put I've spent plenty of time in DR and have Dominican relatives...my experience is much more different from yours which you seem to have obtained exclusively from texts....to you is crystal clear is all racially based, to me it isn't....to me the divide in DR is about social classes....not so much race, not denying racism exists, it does globally, but this agenda is not racially driven....is not some racial cleansing and I legit DGAF how many articles you post or how you discredit my posts...I've spent plenty time out there.

And the people of DR have about as much influence in their government as we do in ours....there is your democracy.

Inb4 your "you a god damb idiot" rhetoric

-it saddens me on both ends to see families suffer
-I also understand how the border and immigration has to be controlled so that, DRs resources can support its people, Dominicans and legal Haitians alike....you tend to forget that while Haiti is the poorest nation on this hemisphere, DR is still just another third world country....one that for decades has done more for the Haitian people than the entire planet, even after all the blood spilled by Dominicans to gain their independence FROM Haiti, after all that not a single nation in this planet can claim to have helped Haiti as much and for as long as DR has....the nerve of some of you to slander Dominican Republic.

Like I said way back when this topic first surfaced, gain perspective from actual Dominicans living in DR coexisting with Haitians and see how they feel about this issue...articles will show you one side of the coin and demonize the other as they see fit.

Fam we really not gonna engage in this back and forth again, simply put I've spent plenty of time in DR and have Dominican relatives...my experience is much more different from yours which you seem to have obtained exclusively from texts....to you is crystal clear is all racially based, to me it isn't....to me the divide in DR is about social classes....not so much race, not denying racism exists, it does globally, but this agenda is not racially driven....is not some racial cleansing and I legit DGAF how many articles you post or how you discredit my posts...I've spent plenty time out there.

And the people of DR have about as much influence in their government as we do in ours....there is your democracy.

Inb4 your "you a god damb idiot" rhetoric

-it saddens me on both ends to see families suffer
-I also understand how the border and immigration has to be controlled so that, DRs resources can support its people, Dominicans and legal Haitians alike....you tend to forget that while Haiti is the poorest nation on this hemisphere, DR is still just another third world country....one that for decades has done more for the Haitian people than the entire planet, even after all the blood spilled by Dominicans to gain their independence FROM Haiti, after all that not a single nation in this planet can claim to have helped Haiti as much and for as long as DR has....the nerve of some of you to slander Dominican Republic.

Like I said way back when this topic first surfaced, gain perspective from actual Dominicans living in DR coexisting with Haitians and see how they feel about this issue...articles will show you one side of the coin and demonize the other as they see fit

Seems to me you you can't even acknowledge what a huge part race plays in all this

And all now you're back pedaling from the xenophobic comments you made earlier.

Mixed in with more deflections.

But whatever, we don't gotta go back and forth again because unlike last time, I have no respect for your opinion on any matter involving black people

So keep on cooking in your corner, and I will mine.

-And BTW, half of my life was spent living in Caribbean. Don't play me like everything I know about what goes on in that region is more reading articles.

Just that I believe educating myself further on subject, and not relying solely on my personal experiences to form opinions on subjects.

Last edited:
Seems to me you you can't even acknowledge what a huge part race plays in all this

But what ever, we don't gotta go back and forth again because unlike last time, I have no respect for your opinion on any matter involving black people

-And BTW, half of my life was spent living in Caribbean. Don't play me like everything I know about what goes on in that region is more reading articles.

Just that I believe educating myself further on subject, and not relying solely on my personal experiences to form opinions on subjects.

You lived in DR?

Fam I don't care if you don't respect my opinion, you think I respect yours?...you exposed yourself in the thread about "middle aged white men dying" your stance is clear on anything race related and biased as hell.

So best we leave it at that. :smile:

LOL at ya bringing the nonsense in here.

DC - I will always respect your trolling ways papi. They don't make me like you no more.

What we arguing about in here? I might join this one.
I'm taking whatever side is against Steezy.

Last edited:

But what ever, we don't gotta go back and forth again because unlike last time, I have no respect for your opinion on any matter involving black people

You lived in DR?

Fam I don't care if you don't respect my opinion, you think I respect yours?...you exposed yourself in the thread about "middle aged white men dying" your stance is clear on anything race related and biased as hell.

So best we leave it at that. :smile:

I didn't expose nothing in that thread. All I said was I hope people get help, but I wasn't sympathetic towards the group.

Your tried to paint me as a racist, failed miserly, made yourself look like a clown.

And I believe Meth even commented on your ignorant statements. Or maybe that was another thread? In which one again did you try to school black people that this isn't "the 1950s anymore"

Your opinion is a joke to me, and a ton of other NTers papi. I have never exhibited the levels of ignorance and hypocrisy you have.

-And I didn't live in the DR, I lived in Lucia. And Dominicans have a big reputation of being racist among the smaller islands. So maybe you, and other folk on that island need to pause for a second and think about the reasons that is. I know it possible can't be true they all are, but that's the message they are sending out to the world.

How about you'll try to be change that, instead of using deflections to defend clearly racist actions.

Last edited:
I didn't expose nothing in that thread. All I said was I hope people get help, but I wasn't sympathetic towards the group.

Your tried to paint me as a racist, failed miserly, made yourself look like a clown.

And I believe Meth even commented on your ignorant statements. Or maybe that was another thread? In which one again did you try to school black people that this isn't "the 1950s anymore"

Your opinion is a joke to me, and a ton of other NTers papi. I have never exhibited the levels of ignorance and hypocrisy you have.

-And I didn't live in the DR, I lived in Lucia. And Dominicans have a big reputation of being racist among the smaller islands. So maybe you, and other folk on that island need to pause for a second and think about the reasons that is. I know it possible can't be true they all are, but that's the message they are sending out to the world.

How about you'll try to be change that, instead of using deflections to defend clearly racist actions.

Fam Anton came in that thread and had you backpeddling and making puns trying to make light of your racist posts...practically begging dude to leave you alone...you ain't fooling me.

Either way that's neither here nor there, people think Dominicans are racist because of their long history with Haiti and events that transpired during the times of Trujillo who Dominicans themselves hated, a dictator that killed as many Haitians as he did Dominicans....yet that's where all the shade towards some of the most kind hearted latin nations stems from, is absolutely disgusting....if Haitians were not black, you wouldn't give 2 dambs as you clearly stated in that other thread, your sympathy is reserved for only people of color, ironically enough Dominicans ARE black.

A quote from the article rusty posted:

"We don't have anything against blacks because we are all black," Delgadillo said. "There's no problem. Every Dominican has a Haitian working in their house. I personally have two."

That's worse than 'I have black friends' :smh:

Bruh that's like a 1960s America quote. What a backwards *** country.

Last edited:
Here educate yourself b

http://cronkite.asu.edu/buffett/dr/giving_birth_full.html

Stateless banner
About the project
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism
and Mass Communication
Haitian Women Cross Border to Give Birth

VIDEO: Many Haitian women who cross the border to give birth in Dominican hospitals don’t realize that their children may end up without citizenship rights. By Lauren Gilger and Tarryn Mento
BY LAUREN GILGER
Cronkite Borderlands Initiative
JIMANI, Dominican Republic – A doctor sits on the porch of her clinic, the only one in Jimani, the Dominican city that serves as the busiest border crossing between Haiti and its neighbor.
The Haitian-Dominican border at Jimani.
SLIDESHOW: The porous Jimani border is the busiest of the eight official crossings between Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
Just beyond the quiet porch, everything is chaos: dust, smoke, heat and the angry roar of motorbikes.
Suddenly, one of the bikes kicks up dirt and heads directly for the clinic. It is driven by a teenage boy in shorts and on the back sits a woman wearing spandex pants, a pink scarf tied around her head.
The woman struggles to get off the bike.
“I’m bleeding,” she tells Dr. Camila Perozo.
Perozo Clinic
SLIDESHOW: Despite its crowded conditions, this Dominican clinic is popular with pregnant women in two countries.
The woman, three months pregnant, has just crossed the border from Haiti to see the Dominican doctor. She has no immigration papers or money to pay a fee. The same is true for thousands of pregnant Haitian women, many of them ready to give birth, who cross the border each year.
Haitian women make up a large portion of the patients giving birth in Dominican hospitals. In the capital of Port-au-Prince, hospitals estimate that up to 35 percent of the patients in their maternity wards are Haitian. On the border, the numbers are higher still. One hospital director estimated that three out of four of his patients are Haitian women who come there to give birth.
They come because they don’t have access to hospitals and health care in Haiti, especially after last year’s earthquake. They come to have their babies in hospital beds instead of on the floors of their homes.
But many come too late. In the Dominican Republic, 17 of every 1,000 newborns died in 2009, according to the latest numbers available from UNICEF. And the lifetime risk of maternal death is one in 320.
Still, those odds are much better than what women face if they stay in Haiti, where 27 of every 1,000 newborns died in 2009 and the odds of a woman dying giving birth is one in 93.
So the women cross the border. Their children may have a better chance of survival, but they also end up in a legal no man’s land they may never escape.
In Arizona, these children might be called “anchor babies.” They might be born on U.S. soil to immigrants from Mexico or Guatemala who illegally came to this country. They might become the center of the emotional debate about immigration and the U.S. Constitution that’s being waged in 14 states, in the halls of Congress and on the streets of Phoenix.
But the children will be U.S. citizens.
In the Dominican Republic, these children have no “anchor.”
In a series of changes to its Constitution over the past decade, the Dominican government has done what some powerful conservative politicians are attempting in Arizona and around the country – revoke birthright citizenship for many. A child born to illegal immigrants in the Dominican Republic is no longer a citizen of that country. At the same time, without registration in their parents’ home country, they are not citizens there either. They are stateless.
But that doesn’t stop a pregnant Haitian woman from getting on the back of a motorbike and making the dusty crossing into the Dominican Republic. She knows the doctors there won’t turn her away: Although the Dominican Republic is a relatively poor country, it treats everyone needing medical assistance regardless of immigration status.
As a result, these women are overwhelming an already stressed Dominican health care system.
“We are poor,” said Jose Delancer, director of the Ministry of Health with the Department of Women and Children. From money to beds to doctors and nurses, “the Dominican Republic was not set up to handle this.”
Still, Delancer understands why they come – and why they will keep coming.
“If I were Haitian,” he said. “I would do the same thing as them.”

That Doctor and the many that aid illegal Haitians in properly birthing their children must be racist as hell.

Last edited:
Famb he tried to call me out for saying something racist, I said back to quote my racist comments, you're trying to rustle

He couldn't, and I kept calling out his attempts to rustle

He wanted me to acknowledged celebrating the news was not right. And I did, because I never said anything to that effect

And we were cool

Stop making **** up, we had a back and forth too. And once again you looked like a clown because I demanded you quote my racist comments,and you couldn't

Not my fault Anton smarter than you, and he didn't double down trying to making me look like a racist when he realized I didn't say anything racist

All I said was I didn't feel sorry, but I hope someone figures out a way to help the people. And i said this in my very first comment

Last edited:
LOL at ya bringing the nonsense in here.

DC - I will always respect your trolling ways papi. They don't make me like you no more.

What we arguing about in here? I might join this one.
I'm taking whatever side is against Steezy.
Don't drag me into this conversation 
laugh.gif

Intradesting....but DR is heartless and RACIST for protecting and monitoring its border :rofl:

Last edited:
It you wanted me to respond right away, you could have mentioned me. :rolleyes

And the article suppose to prove want???????

There undocumented immigrant problem between the countries? They I know

The not all Dominicans are racist. Of course, I never said they were, and concede there is not way that is possible

And I'm suppose to pat doctors on the back for doing their job? They took an oath, good for them on following through on it

So what point are you arguing, or as usual, you can't form a cogent argument so you're relying on someone else to do it for you. :smh:

Dude like I said, your opinion on all things race is trash.

Leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone

Deal?

wait but you just said a few posts ago Domincans are viewed as racists all over the caribbeans...now is just some?...so what's it gonna be?...you can't just throw a blanket statement and then when I put you on to one of many articles of Dominicans showing good faith to their struggling neighbor you backpeddle and say is just some, well DUH of course there are racists Dominicans, but YOU said DOMINICANS ARE VIEWED AS RACISTS.

Stick by your guns b.

Btw you show no sympathy for the rise in deaths of a group of men simply because of their skin color, but my opinion on anything race related is crap...AIGHT.

Last edited:
Anyways, it's a shame you guys feel the way you do, DR is gorgeous and its people are beautiful, that article depicts the realness between Dominicans and Haitians, but nah...ha rather focus on the negative and throw blanket statements about a nation based on things you know very little of.

But let us not focus on how America is turning down refugees as we speak....children and women alike.

This is my quote. There is a typo, I meant to say "possibly" instead of possible

But you can clearly see that I'm rejecting the stereotype feed to me about Dominicans, because I know that it can't be possible

I'm not making a blanket statement about them.

I don't have to stick to any guns, you have to stop using your imagination

-I have talked 3 people outta going to the DR on vacation. And since I'm from the islands, when folk spark that convo with me, I tell them straight they should avoid the DR.

-And check the terrorist thread. I already said a couple times the rhetoric about rejecting refugees is sickening, and I hope Obama follows through on his promise to take them in. So miss me with that deflection too

Last edited:
If any country chooses to close their border that's within their rights, deporting undocumented immigrants because of an overpopulation issue I have no problem who it is, each country has to protect its own interest, unlike America who's economy has benefited plenty from immigrants everywhere, DR is on the losing end with this issue, yeah is sad that some families fall victim to this legislation, but you guys are so quick to dismiss the thousands of Haitian immigrants DR has housed and fed and still does to this day, go to DR...there are as many Haitians in the work force as there are Dominicans, both struggling side by side, trying to make a living and holding each other down....disgusting how some of you are condemning a nation of Dominicans by the actions of their government....I'm sure the average Dominican has helped Haiti more than anyone so outraged by this move here on NT...immigration laws are unfair, but keep order, America has derooted and broken up good families plenty times....inb4 *deflection.
What? You go from saying the state has a right to chose to roasting the U.S. for choosing? 

This is my quote. There is a typo, I meant to say "possibly" instead of possible

But you can clearly see that I'm rejecting the stereotype feed to me about Dominicans, because I know that I can't be possible

I'm not making a blanket statement about them.

I don't have to stick to any guns, you have to stop using your imagination

-And I have talked 3 people outta going to the DR on vacation. And since I'm from the islands, when folk spark that convo with me, I tell them straight they should avoid the DR.

-And check the terrorist thread. I already said a couple times the rhetoric about rejecting refugees is sickening, and I hope Obama follows through on his promise to take them in. So miss me with that deflection too

Why should they avoid DR?...why are you talking people out of visiting the island?...what good is that for the people of Haiti?...you think by sabotaging their tourism you somehow will make things better for Haitian/Dominican relationship?...if anything it'll make things worst because you are sabotaging the biggest source of income for DR and resources is the reason why DR is putting a strong hold on immigration, NOT COLOR....for a person that claims to be so smart, you are extremely closed minded.

What? You go from saying the state has a right to chose to roasting the U.S. for choosing? 

I'm not, I'm drawing a comparison, how Americans were so quick to bash DR a couple of months ago and they are practically doing the same thing now. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Yeah, you kinda did :rolleyes

How? I drew the comparison, that's about it.

Every nation is entitled to protect its interest as they see fit...wether I agree or disagree it doesn't matter.

But is extremely hypocritical of Americans to bash DR and how they handle their immigration issues, when we handle things far worst here....and this is the exact sentiment you will get from speaking to born and raised Dominicans if you ever get the chance to.

How? I drew the comparison, that's about it.

Every nation is entitled to protect its interest as they see fit...wether I agree or disagree it doesn't matter.

But is extremely hypocritical of Americans to bash DR and how they handle their immigration issues, when we handle things far worst here....and this is the exact sentiment you will get from speaking to born and raised Dominicans if you ever get the chance to.
Lets be honest.....

Most of us Americans simply don't give a damn about DR nor Haiti

Back
Top Bottom