"Drake is a hip hop infiltrator being pushed by powerful Jews"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 540JFan12

Where is HueyP, Haze, and Gen. Johnson?!
HueyP=Haze
Gen. Johnson is still around
nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at this thread....Drake had the money before music to basically get all the top heads,artist,etc behind him...most artist are missing that key thing...money can get you anywhere in the industry...on top of that dude makes great music that any gender or age can relate or play...talent plus money can take you a very long way

Originally Posted by Qualmes

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at this thread....Drake had the money before music to basically get all the top heads,artist,etc behind him...most artist are missing that key thing...money can get you anywhere in the industry...on top of that dude makes great music that any gender or age can relate or play...talent plus money can take you a very long way

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at how on point this is. Money + talent = success. Swear to lord its that easy. Problem is for a lot of people, from the outside looking in, they don't calculate how much this industry can be. From studio time, to pr, to videos, to purchasing beats, purchasing clothing, travel cost, website(s) upkeep, blowouts and press for upcoming projects, etc. things can get pretty expensive very quickly if you are trying to make music your career. That's why most of the people in the industry today have a lot dough, or in most cases, well connected, the latter of which I see all the timeHowever, if you have the dough for all of this, plus the talent, the only other thing you need is patience because your success is imminent.
Having said that, Drake was throwing his loot around all of canada to blow up. From collaborations, to studio time, to funding his own videos, he met 40 because on set, he told 40 he would pay to have some work done with him, he dropped 3,4 stacks on the replacement girl feature, when you combine that with his degrassi background, and then combine that with his talent (undeniable imo), it was a given that he was going to eventually blow. He went into heavy debt to blow, but look where he's at now. More of an investment than ludicrous spending imo, and to me it shows his faith in his ability as an artist. When trying to become an artist and make this a source of income, and trying to make this a career, nothing else matters. Every dollar you have should be spent on progressing your career, and Drake and a few others are prime examples of that. 

I've always said if an artist approached me with talent, and a nice amount of money to work with, (Easily 5 racks or more) I could make that person a star virtually overnight. Is money necessary to succeed in this industry? No, not at all. Does it help? Absolutely as money will put you on Hotnewhiphop, 2dopeboyz, the source, vibe, etc. and your music and product will be far more accessible to far more people, and more than likely, a lot more people will listen to the music.

in regards to this thread Jays "man you was who you was before you got here" just took a bit of a different meaning

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by Qualmes

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at how on point this is. Money + talent = success. Swear to lord its that easy. Problem is for a lot of people, from the outside looking in, they don't calculate how much this industry can be. From studio time, to pr, to videos, to purchasing beats, purchasing clothing, travel cost, website(s) upkeep, blowouts and press for upcoming projects, etc. things can get pretty expensive very quickly if you are trying to make music your career. That's why most of the people in the industry today have a lot dough, or in most cases, well connected, the latter of which I see all the timeHowever, if you have the dough for all of this, plus the talent, the only other thing you need is patience because your success is imminent.
Having said that, Drake was throwing his loot around all of canada to blow up. From collaborations, to studio time, to funding his own videos, he met 40 because on set, he told 40 he would pay to have some work done with him, he dropped 3,4 stacks on the replacement girl feature, when you combine that with his degrassi background, and then combine that with his talent (undeniable imo), it was a given that he was going to eventually blow. He went into heavy debt to blow, but look where he's at now. More of an investment than ludicrous spending imo, and to me it shows his faith in his ability as an artist. When trying to become an artist and make this a source of income, and trying to make this a career, nothing else matters. Every dollar you have should be spent on progressing your career, and Drake and a few others are prime examples of that. 

I've always said if an artist approached me with talent, and a nice amount of money to work with, (Easily 5 racks or more) I could make that person a star virtually overnight. Is money necessary to succeed in this industry? No, not at all. Does it help? Absolutely as money will put you on Hotnewhiphop, 2dopeboyz, the source, vibe, etc. and your music and product will be far more accessible to far more people, and more than likely, a lot more people will listen to the music.
Just curious what would you do if I came to you with 20k as a budget.
I've been meaning to make that a thread for a while. 

Money can only get you so far. The people have to like you. The timing has to be right. The marketing plan has to be flawless

O yea and the music has to be atleast a little above terrible
laugh.gif

Yall cant be serious more than half of the artists that sign deals fail. They obviosly had money behind them.

That Stacks dude was a multi-millionaire buying Diddy verses and couldnt do %%+*. You got Indie artists with no budget doing more

^^^^ that's what I'm saying. Drake didn't have as much money as people make it out. If any artist releases two great mixtapes such as CS and SFG those artist will be on the map too.

Originally Posted by RedMan

^^^^ that's what I'm saying. Drake didn't have as much money as people make it out. If any artist releases two great mixtapes such as CS and SFG those artist will be on the map too.

I've already gone on record and said that his talent is undeniable. But Drake himself has said that he had enough money to significantly fund himself, he went all in, to the point where he got in real bad debt, that he's just now starting to really pay off. You can't rent phantoms, fund your on videos, pay 3 and 5 racks for features and pay for expensive beats without having a lot of money, period. 
After he dropped comeback season, he still wasn't "on" per say. He was garnering some attention, but he wasn't "On," especially in the states. In large part, once he hooked up Lil Wayne and Young Money courtesy of Jas Prince, that's when he took off. The fact that So Far Gone was great is almost irrelevant, seeing as whatever he dropped in that time period would have him buzzing. 

He wasn't "on the map" after RFI, or CS. He got on the map when he linked with Lil' Wayne. 

I've already gone on record and said that his talent is undeniable. But Drake himself has said that he had enough money to significantly fund himself, he went all in, to the point where he got in real bad debt, that he's just now starting to really pay off. You can't rent phantoms, fund your on videos, pay 3 and 5 racks for features and pay for expensive beats without having a lot of money, period. 
After he dropped comeback season, he still wasn't "on" per say. He was garnering some attention, but he wasn't "On," especially in the states. In large part, once he hooked up Lil Wayne and Young Money courtesy of Jas Prince, that's when he took off. The fact that So Far Gone was great is almost irrelevant, seeing as whatever he dropped in that time period would have him buzzing. 

He wasn't "on the map" after RFI, or CS. He got on the map when he linked with Lil' Wayne. 

I agree. Once Lil Wayne made him relevant to the casual music fan it was a wrap.  He has great talent but the Lil Wayne collab made his career

He got on the map when he linked with Lil' Wayne.

This...like I said being talented makes it that much easier when you have the money to fund everything....dude was a idiot to rent a phantom every month though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Money can only get you so far. The people have to like you. The timing has to be right. The marketing plan has to be flawless

O yea and the music has to be atleast a little above terrible
laugh.gif

Yall cant be serious more than half of the artists that sign deals fail. They obviosly had money behind them.

That Stacks dude was a multi-millionaire buying Diddy verses and couldnt do %%+*. You got Indie artists with no budget doing more

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Very interesting and enlightening thread.

Even if i dont totally believe in a lotta viewpoints stated here, I will say that it's not a coincidence that Drake seemingly came outta nowhere.
eh,
Wayne signed a crapload of people based off of enjoying their myspace music buzz,

Nicki and Drake blew, doesn't surprise me.

also, everytime I say Jeezy blew up out of nowhere, no one sites a BMF conspiracy 
eyes.gif
 even though it seems like common sense 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

I agree. Once Lil Wayne made him relevant to the casual music fan it was a wrap.  He has great talent but the Lil Wayne collab made his career

I agree with all of this...and listening to his interviews, it really either seems like 
A. He was nearly dead broke after or right before Comeback Season came out cause he was sounding like he was struggling...but I honestly always wondered how he got wayne on a comeback season ending track if that came out before he supposedly met wayne...

B. I wonder how much he was struggling because he made it sound like it was do-or-die for him and 40 before they blew up but I knew he had dough. 

His talent was pretty undeniable to me honestly though...I still feel like Comeback Season his best attempt at rapping ...even today. Its a personal classic of mine. I knew a bunch of people that were catching on to him too but i really don't know how popular he was or wasn't because his rise JUST before So Far Gone dropped seemed unreal. I had no idea so many people were up on dude. 

I don't know if he'd be as big as he is now without wayne because wayne has impacted his creativity for better and for worse. 

I think at the end of the day, he was bound to make it. 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Very interesting and enlightening thread.

Even if i dont totally believe in a lotta viewpoints stated here, I will say that it's not a coincidence that Drake seemingly came outta nowhere.
eh,
Wayne signed a crapload of people based off of enjoying their myspace music buzz,

Nicki and Drake blew, doesn't surprise me.

also, everytime I say Jeezy blew up out of nowhere, no one sites a BMF conspiracy 
eyes.gif
 even though it seems like common sense 
laugh.gif
Isn't this common knowledge? 
laugh.gif

I mean dudes were RUNNING the A.
eek.gif

Dude had INSTANT co-signs...

and his sound was unreal at the time. 

I think The Weeknd is the artist everyone should be on everyone radar, not to enjoy his music but how he handles his deal. If you believe the rumors, he turned down a 7 million dollar deal. I believe the only reason why a label would offer any artist that much money is due to the fact that the said artist could potentially mess up the music industry model. The Weeknd has the internet and people (some fans paid 200 plus for one of his shows) going nuts and he has yet to do an interview, music video (until a couple days ago), TV appearance etc.

I think The Weeknd will be more of an international star because of his Ethiopian and Canadian background and for the fact that he is not ashamed of it (see his newest video). Other artist who have worldwide appeal is Rihanna and Drake. Both of those artist embrace their home culture.

I'm sure my post will fall of deaf ears but oh well.

Uh...Wow to all of this. 
Great insight. 

Also can we be completely honest here...His music doesn't suck. I mean damn, I can understand Soulja Boy or Lil B hate... and its one thing to hate him because of his personality...but based on music?

Dude has an incredible and successful catalog. 

Originally Posted by A Thrilla

That boy Drake is the replacement 4 Stack's. Jimmy blood sacrificed him, at the time Lil Wayne was wit Jim and Santana hard. Then drake come outta nowhere wit Stack's girl Niki Menaj. The truth will set u free.

stay in the bottom of the barrel where you belong 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by MonStar1

I agree with all of this...and listening to his interviews, it really either seems like 

A. He was nearly dead broke after or right before Comeback Season came out cause he was sounding like he was struggling...but I honestly always wondered how he got wayne on a comeback season ending track if that came out before he supposedly met wayne...

B. I wonder how much he was struggling because he made it sound like it was do-or-die for him and 40 before they blew up but I knew he had dough. 

His talent was pretty undeniable to me honestly though...I still feel like Comeback Season his best attempt at rapping ...even today. Its a personal classic of mine. I knew a bunch of people that were catching on to him too but i really don't know how popular he was or wasn't because his rise JUST before So Far Gone dropped seemed unreal. I had no idea so many people were up on dude. 

I don't know if he'd be as big as he is now without wayne because wayne has impacted his creativity for better and for worse. 

I think at the end of the day, he was bound to make it. 

I think The Weeknd is the artist everyone should be on everyone radar, not to enjoy his music but how he handles his deal. If you believe the rumors, he turned down a 7 million dollar deal. I believe the only reason why a label would offer any artist that much money is due to the fact that the said artist could potentially mess up the music industry model. The Weeknd has the internet and people (some fans paid 200 plus for one of his shows) going nuts and he has yet to do an interview, music video (until a couple days ago), TV appearance etc.

I think The Weeknd will be more of an international star because of his Ethiopian and Canadian background and for the fact that he is not ashamed of it (see his newest video). Other artist who have worldwide appeal is Rihanna and Drake. Both of those artist embrace their home culture.

I'm sure my post will fall of deaf ears but oh well.
Great insight. 

Also can we be completely honest here...His music doesn't suck. I mean damn, I can understand Soulja Boy or Lil B hate... and its one thing to hate him because of his personality...but based on music?

Dude has an incredible and successful catalog. 

A. Well, Drake didn't get wayne on a comeback season track. That was a wayne and brisco track, he just took brisco's part out, and rapped along with wayne. Basically, when artist remix popular songs that are out or songs that are of interest to them, that's what Drake did with Comeback Season.
B. He had "Regular people dough." Meaning, if he wasn't in a business that required so much money/investing, he would be fine. But, because he felt like he had to maintain this "Rapper Image" around T.O., he had to drop a lot of cash on the phantom, 40 was charging him racks in the beginning, videos, buying his PR, buying his features, (Rich Boy, Clipse, Songz,) etc. and more. It definitely added up and put him in a load of debt. This imo shows not only how much he had, but how much he was spending, and when you spend that much and you're not popping the way you want to, more money is going out than coming in. That equals debt.

I agree with that other statement as well, he was bound to make it. He put to much faith and money into himself for him not to. One of the most underrated things about his music career is that when he dropped those mixtapes, he already had a legion of fans via Degrassi who were going to listen to him regardless, the fact that he was actually dope just put the icing on the cake. This is beside the fact that the product he's giving the people and our generation is superb, whether you listen to him or not. He was already good, I heard Barry Bonds and Brand new from him and immediately said he's one of the best out, a lot of other people agreed. That versatility is unmatched. He's a rapper with a true R&B presence. Combine that, with Tune, who had just sold a million in a week, the biggest artist out, saying your the "Next great" and hopping on songs left and right with you, plus the light skinned tall actor degrassi influx, you have a star. 

As far as The weeknd is concerned, I think he's dope, and as far as I know he's unsigned. But trust, he's getting some push. Whether it be from a label, Oliver over at OvO, maybe coming out of his own pocket, he's getting a push. Putting together that video and those quality projects for free cost money…

Then again, that may be the reason why he doesn't do shows, or collaborate with others, or stick to his in house producers, etc. to cut cost
nerd.gif

Then again, that may be the reason why he doesn't do shows, or collaborate with others, or stick to his in house producers, etc. to cut cost
nerd.gif

The 1st two would help though. He could sell out a NY or LA show instantly and get money. And I'm sure some rapper would love to have (Feat. The Weeknd) on their album right now

As far as The weeknd is concerned, I think he's dope, and as far as I know he's unsigned. But trust, he's getting some push. Whether it be from a label, Oliver over at OvO, maybe coming out of his own pocket, he's getting a push. Putting together that video and those quality projects for free cost money…

There is no way anybody believes that the weeknd isn't being pushed
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom