Dressing Better Vol 2.0

BLaZ3n check this review out on dappered: http://dappered.com/2013/07/in-person-review-the-j-crew-ludlow-fine-stripe-cotton-suit/

@NewJs had to rep you for that my man :smokin probably stood out from the pack and got you some extra cash on those sales :lol:

What about? http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_...4374302023736&nav_type=SALESITE&bmUID=j.8fQML

How do I search for reviews on dappered? lol

I'm not sure about that one but I was looking at it before I got my other tab one on the cheap...I plan on looking at that one eventually. But I just check the site a lot, they just so happened to review it a day or two ago :lol:

Lots of AE fans here so this is what you could expect from the Nordstrom sale.
If you could reserve/pre-order from your SA, do it now because sizes might be gone by the time it goes on sale to the public.

It doesn't show those unfortunately, I think they only have new items (that wasn't on sale before) for the upcoming sale. Not sure if there will be further markdowns on items on sale prior, might have to wait until the sale goes live for that.

Lots of AE fans here so this is what you could expect from the Nordstrom sale.
If you could reserve/pre-order from your SA, do it now because sizes might be gone by the time it goes on sale to the public.

Crazy how this exclusive members sale goes until the 19th :smh: more than enough time for everything to be sold out

:rofl:

Anyone have experience with JCrew MacAlister Boot? Do they run TTS? Do they fit like Clarks DB?

Thanks.
In between TTS and 1/2 sz down. Got em in dark brown in a 10 (normal dress shoe size). It winter with thicker socks its perfect. When wearing regular socks, there's some wiggle room. Copping the ones on the sale?

In between TTS and 1/2 sz down. Got em in dark brown in a 10 (normal dress shoe size). It winter with thicker socks its perfect. When wearing regular socks, there's some wiggle room. Copping the ones on the sale?

Yup lol, been looking for suede DB for a while.

Actually looking to get the Ludlow in Italian Chino as well, but they only have 36R online, is it possible to cop the 36R and exchange for a 36S in-store somewhere?

Sorry for all of the questions.

Last edited:

Yup lol, been looking for suede DB for a while.

Actually looking to get the Ludlow in Italian Chino as well, but they only have 36R online, is it possible to cop the 36R and exchange for a 36S in-store somewhere?

Sorry for all of the questions.
Actually I was thinking about copping that same one as well haha (38R). Gonna swing by the princeton store on the way home probably and check if they have it in stock. (perhaps ill call first lol)

Has anyone seen this particular suit in person? :nerd:

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_...4374302023736&nav_type=SALESITE&bmUID=j.84jG4

Good deal on a ludlow? Jacket and Pants for $267 shipped?

Heads up 40% of sale items with code: WEDNESDAY

I ordered it and the Italian chino in wheat over the weekend to wear for an upcoming afternoon wedding, I can let you know soon what I think, hopefully tomorrow. I got it for a little under $250 and the italian chino for around $285, I'll just return either or both if they're not up to par.

page 81/92 http://global.syndeca.com/nordstrom/catalog/anniversary-2013/
Will this be a better buy than a $500 suit from thick as thieves? This one is $100 more but comes with waistcoat and free alterations for sleeve shortening/hemming. Only thing I might have to do is taper/waist suppression. Thoughts?
Anyone :nerd:

Your link doesn't direct to the product page, just the front of the catalog...no way of knowing which you're talking about.

Last edited:
Gotta add those Neumok's to the wingtip collection. I'm so glad I didn't get those about a month ago for retail :lol:

They had decent stuff in store a few weeks back, up to 70% off but most of the designer clothes I checked out were still 50% off. They had a bunch of shoes in the racks though, didn't really check it out, kind of hectic.

I ordered it and the Italian chino in wheat over the weekend to wear for an upcoming afternoon wedding, I can let you know soon what I think, hopefully tomorrow. I got it for a little under $250 and the italian chino for around $285, I'll just return either or both if they're not up to par.
Your link doesn't direct to the product page, just the front of the catalog...no way of knowing which you're talking about.

I ordered the italian Chino in Grey over the weekend. It should be here today, I will try to post pics when I get off work.

I've seen the Faded black joint in person it wasn't what I was hoping for so I passed (I could've gotten it for nearly 200 with the 40% off plus my student discount, even tho I graduated 2 years ago). Passed on it, the suit is actually more of a cream with very thin black pin stripes which make it appear a sort of grey in the pix. Its an okay suit and the lady at J. Crew told me she sold a lot of them this summer.

They had decent stuff in store a few weeks back, up to 70% off but most of the designer clothes I checked out were still 50% off. They had a bunch of shoes in the racks though, didn't really check it out, kind of hectic.

Okay, I'm heading to Birmingham this weekend and they have the only Saks in the state. I really just want some polo shirts so hopefully they're on sale.

It's been awhile, DB team. A brown suit I wore to work today . . .It def. looks grey with the flash, but it's brown!

Back
Top Bottom