Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm biased towards Meermin, here is a pic of mine in action, wore them for the first time on the cruise. I'm uploading pics tonight hopefully some should be up soon.

I prefer the meermin out of those 2

I'm biased towards Meermin, here is a pic of mine in action, wore them for the first time on the cruise. I'm uploading pics tonight hopefully some should be up soon.

Starting to think that as well. I remember talking to you about them in person Serg lol. Figured you'd say yes to them. Which color is that one?

Starting to think that as well. I remember talking to you about them in person Serg lol. Figured you'd say yes to them. Which color is that one?

Same pair that you posted I think, the flash is distorting the color, tried to get in some WDIW pics in but they aren't great. I have the brown suede coming in soon, I think the next next double monks will be their black ones and possibly the navy suede double monks or the brown calf captoe oxfords, that won't be for a couple of months.

Congrats on the degree!

In between TTS and 1/2 sz down. Got em in dark brown in a 10 (normal dress shoe size). It winter with thicker socks its perfect. When wearing regular socks, there's some wiggle room. Copping the ones on the sale?

I agree.. depending on your foot and your sock preference a full size down.. i have a pair that i've worn for about two years and they've stretched something serious.. way too big now..time for a new pair..

those look great  ...

whats the story behind the company? checked out the website and pieced together what i could (dont speak spanish
ohwell.gif
)

do they really only come out to 160 euros, like $200-something, or is there some extra charges included like international shipping?

those look great  ...

whats the story behind the company? checked out the website and pieced together what i could (dont speak spanish :\ )

do they really only come out to 160 euros, like $200-something, or is there some extra charges included like international shipping?

From what I read on the Spanish site and correspondence via e-mail with one of their founders (Sandro), Meermin was started by the same family that owns Carmina, the Albaladejo family. They aren't sister companies but the Albaladejo family lineage of shoe making and creating quality products is there just like Carminas. The leathers come from the same tannery's as Edward Green and I think Carmina as well.

In terms of pricing it's about $220-$225 depending on the Euro for a single pair of shoes, I figured out late that you're better of ordering two pairs as they combine shipping and it comes out to about $395-400 for two pairs. I did get hit with a $14 charge from FedEx in custom fees, so outside of that it's not bad at all.

From what I read on the Spanish site and correspondence via e-mail with one of their founders (Sandro), Meermin was started by the same family that owns Carmina, the Albaladejo family. They aren't sister companies but the Albaladejo family lineage of shoe making and creating quality products is there just like Carminas. The leathers come from the same tannery's as Edward Green and I think Carmina as well.

In terms of pricing it's about $220-$225 depending on the Euro for a single pair of shoes, I figured out late that you're better of ordering two pairs as they combine shipping and it comes out to about $395-400 for two pairs. I did get hit with a $14 charge from FedEx in custom fees, so outside of that it's not bad at all.
great thanks for the info.

Wis, you got me wanting a long overcoat now. I'm starting to see them all over the place.
:lol: :pimp:
those look great  ...

whats the story behind the company? checked out the website and pieced together what i could (dont speak spanish :\ )

It's a lower line of Carmina IIRC, a great shoemaker from Spain.

Today:

It's been awhile, DB team. A brown suit I wore to work today . . .It def. looks grey with the flash, but it's brown!

Some constructive criticism and this is just my opinion but the jacket is too tight and your proportions are off. I don't comment on people's looks so please don't take it as that but it makes your head look enormous too, not flattering. Even with a better fitting jacket, how you're standing may be throwing things off (I hope), but your pants appear like they could be slimmed down. Did you wear a short sleeve shirt?

Last edited:
I actually got my J. Crew Ludlow summer suits in today, keeping the Italian Chino in Wheat but likely returning the other fine stripe. I'm sort've in between sizes but the smaller size was just too tight and the larger size looks good OTR but I'll still take it too the tailor to get tweaked. The pants are far from what I'd consider slim fit, those are gonna need some work.

I definitely agree with the review that was posted about the material for the fine stripe cotton suit but I do think it'd soften up in time. Only $250 but I'm not a big fan, I'd rather spend more and get something I'm completely satisfied with.

Pinoy732, I missed that you'd posted the page number for that Boss suit before the link for the catalog because of your text after it, kind of drew my eye to that only...my bad. I have a couple Boss Black suits that I got from Bloomie's for around the same price on sale and I love them. One is charcoal and the other is the dreaded black that I needed for a wedding I was in (I'm not opposed to wearing black suits otherwise, I'll wear one with a light blue or patterned shirt and I don't believe the waiter thing but whatever). Fit me well OTR and also just needed minor alterations, quality is good but not worth retail to me.

I really like most of what Meermin is doing but for whatever reason those look really plastic-y and stiff, maybe its just how they are look in the pic but something looks off to me  ?

Last edited:
Wasn't going to wear a suit to my dentist appt this morning so I went "business casual" today :lol:
]

this is what you wear to go to the dentist...why? lol
Like Wes said, had work right after >D

^why not? lol the better question is why are you wearing a sweater in the middle of summer?
Frigid in this office B. I swear, I keep a sweater in my bag on a just in case tip :lol:

I actually got my J. Crew Ludlow summer suits in today, keeping the Italian Chino in Wheat but likely returning the other fine stripe. I'm sort've in between sizes but the smaller size was just too tight and the larger size looks good OTR but I'll still take it too the tailor to get tweaked. The pants are far from what I'd consider slim fit, those are gonna need some work.

I definitely agree with the review that was posted about the material for the fine stripe cotton suit but I do think it'd soften up in time. Only $250 but I'm not a big fan, I'd rather spend more and get something I'm completely satisfied with.

Pinoy732, I missed that you'd posted the page number for that Boss suit before the link for the catalog because of your text after it, kind of drew my eye to that only...my bad. I have a couple Boss Black suits that I got from Bloomie's for around the same price on sale and I love them. One is charcoal and the other is the dreaded black that I needed for a wedding I was in (I'm not opposed to wearing black suits otherwise, I'll wear one with a light blue or patterned shirt and I don't believe the waiter thing but whatever). Fit me well OTR and also just needed minor alterations, quality is good but not worth retail to me.
All good man. Would you happen to know if the Black line is at least half canvassed though? As for your ludlow suit, for the wheat one, did you end up ordering the classic fit trousers?

Back
Top Bottom