Dressing Better Vol 2.0

J. Crew having an extra 40 off final sale, quite a few Ludlow suit seperates in there.

A few different setups (mostly cotton, or linen-wool) are able to be pieced together for under $200 shipped if any one is interested.

AE is having their Rediscover America Sale, so pretty much everything is on sale now, firsts or seconds. I think the outlets marked some nice pairs down to $149, so just contact shoe bank or outlet for the details.

Please say that this does not include the dalton's.

Figured I'd go ahead and get suggestions on the tailoring I need done as well, seeing as you guys helped me with my dress shoe choice. (Thanks to everyone btw)

Here's the original suit so you can see the color and such

And here's me in it.

Here's what I want done, shorten the sleeves and the Hem the pants. They only had a 32 length and I'm a 29 length :lol: so I realize it looks a bit off.

is the length of the blazer okay or should I taper it a bit?

And I gotta go get a white dress shirt cuz blue just looks off.

Would a solid skinny navy tie work with this suit?

Edit: not really sure why, but I look bigger than I am in this pic/suit? .hmmm. Idk.
If you want, we can link up and go to my tailor and get this done. She's in Glendale.

If you want, we can link up and go to my tailor and get this done. She's in Glendale.
Sounds great to me, as long as its no burden on you?

I was gonna use a Yelp review'ed tailor in the valley
roll.gif

Last edited:
Can anyone speak to the Kith Mercer pants - do they fit true, slim or with some room? I can't find any info about sizing on the site.

Can anyone speak to the Kith Mercer pants - do they fit true, slim or with some room? I can't find any info about sizing on the site.
Slightly bigger than TTS. If you could size down 1, i'd say it would be perfect. But i'd stick to TTS and wear a belt. I'm usually a 32-33 in pants and ordered a 32 in mercers and they fit perfect with a belt. Some say to size down but i know for me that would have been too tight if i went to a 30

Sounds great to me, as long as its no burden on you?

I was gonna use a Yelp review'ed tailor in the valley :rofl:
Cool, man. I can do on weekends. Just let me know when you want to do it. Get the suit dry cleaned prior though so we know how it looks without wrinkles and such.

Another dapperbrolinkup event :lol:

Drop me a PM.

I think I'm finally at the point where I don't need any more AEs or anything for awhile.

The only things really left on my list are:
Suede tassel loafer
Some sort of shell (maybe a few pairs)
Austerity brogues
Whole cuts

The only thing AE can do for me in that list would be the shell shoes. Everything else will require a higher price point that I am not ready for yet. For now though I'll chill. Switch up to focus on suits and better made shirts.

I think I'm finally at the point where I don't need any more AEs or anything for awhile.

The only things really left on my list are:
Suede tassel loafer
Some sort of shell (maybe a few pairs)
Austerity brogues
Whole cuts

The only thing AE can do for me in that list would be the shell shoes. Everything else will require a higher price point that I am not ready for yet. For now though I'll chill. Switch up to focus on suits and better made shirts.

:frown:

Wow, you can fit those flat front slim suits at your size.

I cant wear flat front pants at 5-10,5-11 and 170 pounds. My thighs are too big from squats and deadlifts. With the size of my thighs, pleated pants look almost like flat fronts.

Size up and have them tailored, say not to pleats :wink:

Ludlow lapels look too slim on anyone over a 40-42 chest IMO

Im going to beg to differ...

Agreed. 40 would be the biggest a 2.5" lapel would look good on.
Dang, tough to be buff, broham.

I will post if anything comes to mind.

Trying to put me in fat ties :smh:

i don't like wide ties so we'll see, the only ties i have that aren't 2.5" are ones i stole out my dad's closet last time i was at my parents. if i'm not feeling the lapels i'll find out come wed on my day off. 

I'm saying...:lol: All I wear is slim ties, 2.5' to 3', anything bigger feels Steve Harvey-esque.

I just ordered a pair of Alden Indy boots with the j.crew coupon posted. I told myself no more spending after I ordered a pair of Red Wing boots a few days ago. I need to get some new furniture. SMH.

one of my things is i never spend real money on accessories, im horrible at losing/sitting on sunglasss, i've never had the same gloves two seasons in a row, same thing with skullies, the only thing i don't lose are scarves, I'm thinking about putting some money down on gloves anyone got any suggestions for around 50-100? 

I bought a pair of the quilted, dark brown leather Polo gloves a few years back. It's lined with lambswool and always keep my hands warm. Fit a little snug but way better than my cashmere lined leather gloves from nordstrom.

I bought a pair of the quilted, dark brown leather Polo gloves a few years back. It's lined with lambswool and always keep my hands warm. Fit a little snug but way better than my cashmere lined leather gloves from nordstrom.
I have these in black, a brown leather pair e touch pair from saks and some north face gloves

Last edited:
^ ^ ^
I have the same gloves in black and the diamond quilt doesn't go to the fingers.

I want this for this coming fall/winter though.

Saw those quilted joints on sale last winter at nordstrom. Possibly will cop this year if they have em again.

U guys really need gloves in SoCal winters? I'm sure wis is busting out some alpaca lined bison leather joints when it's 60 out lol

Back
Top Bottom